Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Aibohphobia

Really nice looking case, love the blue color on the prototype. I'll definitely be following this project. Unfortunately with shipping cost and import fees this case will most likely be out of my price range. Still I doubt you'll have any problems selling out of these :D. Good luck.

Do you mind if I ask where you're located, and what those import fees tend to be? We intend to ship internationally, but I'm not completely familiar with the various tariffs, duties, and other costs that certain countries charge... I suppose I'm just curious.

Really nice looking case, love the blue color on the prototype. I'll definitely be following this project. Unfortunately with shipping cost and import fees this case will most likely be out of my price range. Still I doubt you'll have any problems selling out of these :D. Good luck.

Import and shipping wasn't even something I thought of when I decided I wanted one of these. I'm hoping the reason you went with a Canadian manufacurer is because it's local? @PlayfulPhoenix @Aibohphobia

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Import and shipping wasn't even something I thought of when I decided I wanted one of these. I'm hoping the reason you went with a Canadian manufacurer is because it's local? @PlayfulPhoenix @Aibohphobia

Protocase was just for the prototype, they don't have the equipment to cost-effectively do the full production run. I'm aiming to get them made in the USA.

Protocase was just for the prototype, they don't have the equipment to cost-effectively do the full production run. I'm aiming to get them made in the USA.

That'll work, NAFTA removes import costs for products made in the US when shipped to Canada.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Do you mind if I ask where you're located, and what those import fees tend to be? We intend to ship internationally, but I'm not completely familiar with the various tariffs, duties, and other costs that certain countries charge... I suppose I'm just curious.

I'm located in the Netherlands, which has a 21% VAT and 6% duty rate on imported goods. If the case is $250 and shipping is $20 (just a random value) the import price would be around 304 euro ($345) according to this site: http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/191080229/

The import fees are generally collected by the post office on delivery which charges additional $10. The value of the euro has been in decline with regards to the us dollar, so that doesn't help either :P.

A way around import fees would be to send the products to a stopover in EU (e.g. France) which just forwards the package to its end destination. This way it looks like the package is from another EU country and no import fees are applied (due to free travel of goods within EU). I believe some Chinese sellers use this tactic, though I'm not sure of its legality.

I'm from Germany. Over here it would be 250$ + 20$ (also just a random value) + 20€ handling fee * 19% betterment tax (Maybe another 3-14% for customs dues, but I'm not sure about that.) Would be 306€ (348$) without customs dues.

Sadly this would also be out of my price range :(

That might really interesting. Little punchy accent would definitely look pretty nice

TBH, the handle should remain unpainted as default.

You should let the beauty of that machined aluminium shine. 

Scouring the interwebs, one page at a time. 

TBH, the handle should remain unpainted as default.

You should let the beauty of that machined aluminium shine. 

Can't tell in the pics but the powder coat I picked for the handle has a textured finish to make it grippier.

The bare handle does look cool though:

jzHYqKNl.jpg

Edit:

Almost forgot, I finally got the SX500-LG and it fits, even with the front 120mm fan  :)

LX40dVbl.jpg

Will you even be able to run this configuration with a 600W PSU? Oo

I've been running this setup off the 600W since September with absolutely no issues. I can't run FurMark and Prime95 at the same time on the 500W though, it just locks up or shuts down.

What a compact sexy case. I really wouldn't need 2 GPUs if I ever bought that case.

GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 780 (x2, SLI) CPU: i7 5820k Motherboard: Alienware Aurora R4 Mobo RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 GB SSD: Samsung EVO 840

HDD: WD Green 3TB Cooler: Corsair H100i

Will you be adding front USB support? Someone mentioned on hardforum in another build that omitting it would probably prolong the case's longevity due to upcoming Type-C connector supplanting the old connectors. This will probably take a while, but it might be something to think about. Front usb is handy, but the current clean front does look might sexy :D.

What a compact sexy case. I really wouldn't need 2 GPUs if I ever bought that case.

Most people won't, it's really an edge case but I wanted a show-off rig to demonstrate the case  :D

Will you be adding front USB support? Someone mentioned on hardforum in another build that omitting it would probably prolong the case's longevity due to upcoming Type-C connector supplanting the old connectors. This will probably take a while, but it might be something to think about. Front usb is handy, but the current clean front does look might sexy :D.

I still find front USB useful so it'll be included. I'm thinking down the road having a type C upgrade kit.

That's one beefy litte PSU! :D

The efficiency of those cards are what really makes it possible, SLI flagship cards on 600W was unthinkable last gen.

The efficiency of those cards are what really makes it possible, SLI flagship cards on 600W was unthinkable last gen.

Really nice to see that Nvidia's work with mobile has paid off for gamers.

I'm hoping it's possible to squeeze in 2x non-reference  970s into this case, without turning in into a furnace.

I also wonder if the Nova has support for 240 or 280mm AIOs. I didn't see anything about it on HardForum, but hopefully it does. 

I'm hoping it's possible to squeeze in 2x non-reference  970s into this case, without turning in into a furnace.

I also wonder if the Nova has support for 240 or 280mm AIOs. I didn't see anything about it on HardForum, but hopefully it does. 

If I can get my hands on two non-ref cards I'll test that but that hasn't happened yet.

There may be room for a 240mm rad on the bottom but that's one of compromises to bring the case size down.

There may be room for a 240mm rad on the bottom but that's one of compromises to bring the case size down.

Ah well that's a tragedy. Was hoping to run the CPU off a 240 AIO like in the M1.

Hopefully the 140 AIOs have some decent OCing potential. 

Ah well that's a tragedy. Was hoping to run the CPU off a 240 AIO like in the M1.

To clarify this a bit - most sealed 240mm AIO's should work fine when mounted to the bottom, it's just that the height of some of the thicker ones (with fans) could cover (in part) the bottom PCI slot on the motherboard. Further, the width restriction is what tends to prevent installation - we don't know of any that are too long, and the height is really only limited by what PCI slots you're willing to forgo. Any radiator no wider than ~126mm should fit.

That includes even some discrete rads, too - we tested the Alphacool ST30 and that fits just fine. Others, however, are too wide - and this is particularly true of expandable AIO's.

Anyway, we're actually considering some design changes that could potentially add vertical room to the bottom, or give bottom-mounted radiators a tad more width, thus allowing for even more bottom-mounted radiator options. But these changes depend on a whole host of other concerns, so for now we can't (and consequently aren't) promising anything.

The nzxt x41 is a very impressive cooler. From spreadsheets I've seen, it performs similarly than the corsair h100i and other similar 240mm aio while being a 140mm aio. So you should be able to put a nice overclock

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

3d print everthin. Dew ittttttt

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Can't tell in the pics but the powder coat I picked for the handle has a textured finish to make it grippier.

The bare handle does look cool though:

jzHYqKNl.jpg

Edit:

Almost forgot, I finally got the SX500-LG and it fits, even with the front 120mm fan :)

LX40dVbl.jpg

Is there any chance you could make a way cheaper version? No way I can spend 300 on a case.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Is there any chance you could make a way cheaper version? No way I can spend 300 on a case.

Not really without mass production, but that's really expensive to setup (think $30k to $100k or more).