Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Aibohphobia

I like the handle but 30-50 bucks is something that you could probably spend better on something else, and if you really want to carry this thing somewhere there is probably a nice sling bag to find somewhere.

Apart from this it is a very nice machined handle but not sure if worth the extra 30-50 dollars if you are gonna put the computer on your desk all the time.

EDIT: it also depends how much extra volume you could add at the bottom, if you could fit one more HDD  then that would be amazing but otherwise just make the case a bit smaller. 

I would buy the handle not necessarily for its functionality but more the fashion side of it. I like how the handle accents the case

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

I'm loving this case. You guys are really nice people full of amazing ideas. I dig the black with red accents color scheme (just look at my rig), and I love they it is this small and accommodates an mATX board. As for the handle, it would be nice to have it, but I don't think it's worth the extra $30.

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

@Aibophobia If I were you I would make a model of the case without the handle to show off what it would be like

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I like the handle but 30-50 bucks is something that you could probably spend better on something else, and if you really want to carry this thing somewhere there is probably a nice sling bag to find somewhere.

Apart from this it is a very nice machined handle but not sure if worth the extra 30-50 dollars if you are gonna put the computer on your desk all the time.

EDIT: it also depends how much extra volume you could add at the bottom, if you could fit one more HDD  then that would be amazing but otherwise just make the case a bit smaller. 

Yeah, the handle is really only useful for someone who carries the case around every day. I transport Nova pretty often from home to work so I find it handy  :P

But a long trip, like an cross country road trip or an airline flight would probably benefit more from a bag like the really nice custom M1 carry bag:

ajYEVfMl.jpg

@Aibophobia If I were you I would make a model of the case without the handle to show off what it would be like

Here's a potato pic of when I first unboxed the case

ikBenOj.jpg

Quick update, all: I've just finished a post on the KI blog, summarizing some of the thermal testing and analysis Aiboh and I have been working on for the past month or so. I invite you all to navigate to the site and read up!

In addition, and perhaps more importantly, we've opened up our entire testing & analysis workbook to the public, and will continue to work inside that living document, so that any updates or new data are instantly shared and viewable for everyone. You can drop in on that document anytime by navigating here.

Currently, we're looking at possible design changes to Nova that leverage the new information we've been learning throughout this process. I'm very excited to see where that takes us, so stay tuned for future updates to that end :D

Here's a potato pic of when I first unboxed the case

ikBenOj.jpg

I dont know about the others,but after seeing the image of the case withouy the handle, I think the case misses a part of its charm. I still understand why people dont want to pay 30-50$ extra for the handle. If you could have something that gives a bit more punch to the case when it does not have the handle or have a limited production of handle when the case goes in production compared to the number of case produced.

If it helps, the first reason I love the handle is cause of the color contrast it creates with the rest of the case.

But anyways, I only have one image of the casr witjout the handle so my opinion is probably biased

Hi. I was just wondering if you guys will be doing any noise testing on the case?

Quick update, all: I've just finished a post on the KI blog, summarizing some of the thermal testing and analysis Aiboh and I have been working on for the past month or so. I invite you all to navigate to the site and read up!

In addition, and perhaps more importantly, we've opened up our entire testing & analysis workbook to the public, and will continue to work inside that living document, so that any updates or new data are instantly shared and viewable for everyone. You can drop in on that document anytime by navigating here.

Currently, we're looking at possible design changes to Nova that leverage the new information we've been learning throughout this process. I'm very excited to see where that takes us, so stay tuned for future updates to that end :D

Blog looks verry good, love all the r&d going in to this build and not just slapping fans all over and calling it a day

Hi. I was just wondering if you guys will be doing any noise testing on the case?

I'm waiting for the SX500-LG. Right now there's little point optimizing for noise because the 80mm fan in the SX600-G is pretty loud.

Blog looks verry good, love all the r&d going in to this build and not just slapping fans all over and calling it a day

It's been a bit tedious the last few weeks but now we can make decisions based on data and not just blind guesses.

Its probably stated somewhere on your site but its 12 here and i'm tired so ill ask here: whats the max gpu length? 

Its probably stated somewhere on your site but its 12 here and i'm tired so ill ask here: whats the max gpu length? 

Though the production version will have a cutout in the frame to allow the GPU to extend into the front panel area giving another 15mm clearance.

Was a possible price ever discussed? I don't remember.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Was a possible price ever discussed? I don't remember.

We're hoping to price Nova at around $250, which would sit between the NCASE M1 and the Compact Splash (both ITX cases). But we can't say for certain until we have firm quotes from metal and electronics fabricators.

We're hoping to price Nova at around $250, which would sit between the NCASE M1 and the Compact Splash (both ITX cases). But we can't say for certain until we have firm quotes from metal and electronics fabricators.

0.o welp, not buying this case for a while sadly.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

0.o welp, not buying this case for a while sadly.

Well, I'd hold your breath until we can say for certain. $250 is the target we've set based mostly on the price of other small-run, enthusiast-designed cases, like the aforementioned M1 and Compact Splash. But we're looking at different kinds of manufacturers and distribution methods, among other things, to make Nova. So the cost of it will be different, just from that - we just don't know how (and how much) quite yet.

We've mostly shared the $250 figure to set expectations correctly - Nova won't be $60, nor will it be $600. But once we have a much better idea of costs, from manufacturing to fulfillment and beyond, we'll share more concrete info on price, since we know it's very important, and is something that many people are sensitive to.

I think its a fair price for the (probably) small production run and the extensive features

I'm working on it, but these things take time. I started this project in April and didn't get the prototype until the end of December, it shouldn't take that long to go from prototype to production but it's not going to be done next week or anything  :P

Cross-posting this from HF to get thoughts and opinions from everyone here:

What do you think: Do you prefer traditional sliding hooks on case panels, or clip-and-peg style mounting points, like those on the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV, NCASE M1, or many of Lian Li's high-end cases?

Vote Here!

There's been some discussion on people's preference between the more common sliding hook design, and the peg-and-clip ones used by certain cases. There are pros and cons for each design, but I'm just curious as to what everyone's preferences are when quantified.

Really nice looking case, love the blue color on the prototype. I'll definitely be following this project. Unfortunately with shipping cost and import fees this case will most likely be out of my price range. Still I doubt you'll have any problems selling out of these :D. Good luck.