Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Aibohphobia

That would work. I was also thinking if you had short cards (like the 970), a pump could sit on top the rad towards the front.

That might work but then you'd have to get the tubes around it unless you had them going through the reservoir

Steve

That might work but then you'd have to get the tubes around it unless you had them going through the reservoir

Yeah, no matter how you go about it tubing will be an issue.

How big is the fan mount on the back? You could put a fan (noctua!)+rad there (if mobo clearance). I guess you could put a thin rad+fan on the bracket you used for the AIO (you'd need flex. tubing for that) Those would help a teeny bit with cooling. Oh and does the Apogee Drive support 2011-3 because I love the sound of that idea!

Yeah, no matter how you go about it tubing will be an issue.

There are some GPU blocks that have the tubing coming off the side by Alphacool. Also you might have said already but what gauge metal did you use and was it steel or aliminium as reference for when I start my scratch case.(Inpsired by this :D)

Steve

How big is the fan mount on the back? You could put a fan (noctua!)+rad there (if mobo clearance). I guess you could put a thin rad+fan on the bracket you used for the AIO (you'd need flex. tubing for that) Those would help a teeny bit with cooling. Oh and does the Apogee Drive support 2011-3 because I love the sound of that idea!

The rear fan is 92mm.

The Apogee Drive II supports 2011 so it should support 2011-3 because the mounts are identical.

There are some GPU blocks that have the tubing coming off the side by Alphacool. Also you might have said already but what gauge metal did you use and was it steel or aliminium as reference for when I start my scratch case.(Inpsired by this :D)

The EK terminal blocks should also help in that regard.

It's 20 gauge steel. It works but I carefully designed the panels and frame around it. 18 gauge is the next size up but it's much stiffer so it'll be more forgiving (won't flex as much).

For comparison, the frame of the BitFenix Prodigy (and the cases based off it) is 20 gauge and the side panels are approximately 18 gauge.

Now first off all i wanna congratulate you on this build and i wanna give you credits to the amazing case you have come up with, and as a welder and fabricator i truly appreciate the work and craftsmanship there has gone into it!

So i've wanted to switch to mAtx for a long time, but i don't feel like i've been able to find the right case (i'm VERY picky about my case!!!) but this case just might do the job very well! so i've already subscribed to kimera so now it's just a waiting game because i want this case! 

I will be waiting. Expect me. 

//SBJ

SBJ  "Back in my day, the OS was the bios"

Thanks! It's great to hear that there are others in the same boat I was in, it means I'm on the right track  :)

Out of curiosity, anything in particular about Nova that appeals to you above all the other mATX cases on the market?

Well the ncase is pretty but to small, the bitfenix is ugly. I like the air 240 with the double room layout but because a lot of the space is taken up when you put in a mATX board i'm not interested anyway. The nova just seems to use all of the space so well and still looks pretty.

Well the ncase is pretty but to small, the bitfenix is ugly. I like the air 240 with the double room layout but because a lot of the space is taken up when you put in a mATX board i'm not interested anyway. The nova just seems to use all of the space so well and still looks pretty.

But i'm not sure about the power button. It's the only thing that not annoys me but just seems a bit out off place. But it's only on the blue, i don't know if it's because it is glowing red and the case is blue, maybe a color match would be the answer. Like the red one on the webpage (: 

That was about my thinking as well, the SG09 is small but ugly as sin and everything else is way too big.

But i'm not sure about the power button. It's the only thing that not annoys me but just seems a bit out off place. But it's only on the blue, i don't know if it's because it is glowing red and the case is blue, maybe a color match would be the answer. Like the red one on the webpage (:

Yes, the red button and blue panels is only for the prototype. They'll match better for production. It's swappable anyway, it's just a standard 16mm anti-vandal switch.

Year, i like the Node 804 and the Phemnom M but the footprint that these make is to big for me. that why the FT03 is so appealing. Because it's small but high, and that doesn't bother me as much as the other does.

Oh okay. Well the button style could also change if it's still just a prototype, right?

Do you have a release date or is it still unkonwn ?? 

//SBJ

Oh okay. Well the button style could also change if it's still just a prototype, right?

Do you have a release date or is it still unkonwn ?? 

//SBJ

Probably not, anti-vandal switches are easy to install and are commonly available so I don't see that changing.

Before the end of the year? Probably sooner but there's lots of work to be done still.

Nice man but too small for me I'm more going towards a phanteks evolv.

Nice man but too small for me I'm more going towards a phanteks evolv.

That's cool, I was only able to make it so small by making compromises so I don't expect Nova to appeal to everyone.

If you don't mind, anything in particular that you don't like? No ATX PSU? Lack of water cooling options?

Hey I was just wondering what are the maximum gpu uhm looking for the word... dimensions lol on this case. I know it's still a prototype but I'm just curious.

Hey I was just wondering what are the maximum gpu uhm looking for the word... dimensions lol on this case. I know it's still a prototype but I'm just curious.

~149mm height and ~314mm length.

Thanks because I was on the edge of buying a galax gtx 970 hof and thought it might look sweet in something like this.

That card may not work because there will be barely enough room for the power connectors. The connectors and wires usually take another 20mm and that card is 129mm tall  :mellow:

Thanks for the save. The height is exactly the same with the power connectors installed. A million thumbs up for the good work.

No problem, though please don't start buying parts just for this case. If you were going to buy it anyway that's fine but production is several months away if at all.

Nova has been well received so I expect to hit the minimum order quantity but that's not 100% guaranteed so I'd hate to see people get stuck with parts they can't make good use of if production doesn't happen.

I built my pc a while ago but unfortunately my gpu,msi r9 280 is a bit too tall to fit inside my case (corsair carbide air 240) so now my pc is sitting inside my old define r4.