Far Cry 4 actually do-able on Pentium G3258

ComradeHX

UBISOFT JUST KEEPS ON DIGGING>_>

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Well they do clearly state the minimum is a quad core so that's probably got something to do with it, I played it on an HTPC rig I have with a Q6600 at 3GHZ and a 680, Played fine at 1080 and the Q6600 is like 7 years old now.

They all stated that the minimum is quad core.

Maybe DA:I actually uses 4 parallel threads; but that's still no excuse for game not being able to run on dualcore...BF4 could.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I'm SOOO really disappointed from nUbisoft for those latest games and other game studios. One month ago I got myself an upgrade and because it included three peaces of hardware that need to be swapped at the same time,

I decided to go with less expensive but still with good recommendations CPU so that I can buy good MoBo + RAM and still have a capable PC at least for gaming before I can afford i7-4790k or higher.

Now those last titles that I was really exited about are not available for G3258 and I'm very annoyed. I hope really someone at least make FC4 run on it, so I could enjoy some new content for the upcoming months, and of course fingers crossed for GTA V PC release.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4.7Ghz all cores  |  MotherBoard: ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi AC  |  RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 4x8GB DDR3 1866Mhz  |  GPU: EVGA 970 FTW+

Case: Fractal Design Define R5  |   Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB; Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB; Seagate 2TB SSHD  |  PSU: Seasonic SS-760W XP2 Platinum

Display: Acer XB1 27" 165Hz IPS; Dell 24" U2414H IPS |  Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull   |   Keyboard: Logitech G710+  |  Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Laser

Sound: Logitech X-530 5.1 70W RMS

I'm SOOO really disappointed from nUbisoft for those latest games and other game studios. One month ago I got myself an upgrade and because it included three peaces of hardware that need to be swapped at the same time,

I decided to go with less expensive but still with good recommendations CPU so that I can buy good MoBo + RAM and still have a capable PC at least for gaming before I can afford i7-4790k or higher.

Now those last titles that I was really exited about are not available for G3258 and I'm very annoyed. I hope really someone at least make FC4 run on it, so I could enjoy some new content for the upcoming months, and of course fingers crossed for GTA V PC release.

It is possible to get FarCry4 and CoD:AW to run on a dual core, Im not aware of how to do it, but it can be done.  ComradeHX might be able to help you out, I know he uses a G3258.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It is possible to get FarCry4 and CoD:AW to run on a dual core, Im not aware of how to do it, but it can be done.  ComradeHX might be able to help you out, I know he uses a G3258.

I don't play Ubisoft(except HOMM, which they bought and didn't fail too badly at) or Mt.Dew/Doritos games. :/

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I don't play Ubisoft(except HOMM, which they bought and didn't fail too badly at) or Mt.Dew/Doritos games. :/

I used to love HOMM, its been a spell since I last played...

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I used to love HOMM, its been a spell since I last played...

I used to love it also but I think HOMM3 was the last one I played.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

A friend found this when I was trying to get DAO: Inquisition to work, and I used the same thing for FC4, works like a charm. It's perfectly playable with a G3258 and a 760. Looks great as well.
If anyone's interested I could make a post about how to get it working, and the FPS numbers I'm getting.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I dont mind minimum specs being raised. As long as it gets our hardware to advance further. Just how long have we been stuck on dual core, that needs to fade out already, poor gamers shouldnt expect to run the latest games.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

A friend found this when I was trying to get DAO: Inquisition to work, and I used the same thing for FC4, works like a charm. It's perfectly playable with a G3258 and a 760. Looks great as well.

If anyone's interested I could make a post about how to get it working, and the FPS numbers I'm getting.

Plaease do. I want to try it running on my PC

CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4.7Ghz all cores  |  MotherBoard: ASUS Z97-Pro WiFi AC  |  RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 4x8GB DDR3 1866Mhz  |  GPU: EVGA 970 FTW+

Case: Fractal Design Define R5  |   Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB; Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB; Seagate 2TB SSHD  |  PSU: Seasonic SS-760W XP2 Platinum

Display: Acer XB1 27" 165Hz IPS; Dell 24" U2414H IPS |  Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull   |   Keyboard: Logitech G710+  |  Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD Laser

I would hope that Ubisoft announces a patch for their 4 core or more rule on FC4.  The Game only uses 1 Core at 100% and maybe 30% of the remaining 3 from what I noticed.  And that is on Ultra+Nvida settings(1080p) with SMAA instead of TXAA. 

I dont understand one simple thing. Dont they realize that with those system requirements restrictions they are norrowing their audience that want to play their games to a lesser  number and that they are loosing those potential profits, or maybe they just have enough money so dont care at all.

You should most definitely do this mate, I can't stress this enough that more people should be aware of this blatant BS tactic of needing more than you have when it outright runs fine on slower hardware.

The more people know the better, if you make a guide, and it gets shared on social media enough, heads will turn, pitchforks will be raised, Ubisoft will have so much negativity about it, they MAY just reverse it.

Without more people on their back about it, it won't happen.

Make a guide, I'll share the shit out of it :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Bioware ?

If you mean DA: Inquisition then that game plays brilliantly.

Yah, inquisition doesn't run all that well. Mantle is completely broken for me. Huge amounts of CPU spikes and stuttering. I have a solid rig too, i5 4670k and r9 290 and latest beta drivers.

big whoop? it's not like we didn't already know this wasn't a technological limitation but an artificially-coded one.

nothing to see here, move along.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

The consoles really need intel cores... a G3258 would make a good console imo.
(well, actually an i5 would probably be better for us all)

consoles should also be using a modern mobile chip for graphics... like a 960/970m GPU for example...

but anyways... we can dream but these companies holding us back is getting annoying.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Add this to your OP -  @ComradeHX <- I know i tagged you in multiple posts, but THIS thread is the one I actually intended it for, but there were stutter threads too so... yeah.

The DualCore FIX

http://www.4shared.com/archive/QPH8tQmxce/Dual_Core_Fix.html

Alternative sites to Download - http://www.multiupfile.com/f/3fc26958

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6T4XM-agv0

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

AWESOME!!!!! You just made my day. Thanks a lot!

Update: Already tried it. The game launches, didnt got time to try and play it, but i will later today. 

I dont mind minimum specs being raised. As long as it gets our hardware to advance further. Just how long have we been stuck on dual core, that needs to fade out already, poor gamers shouldnt expect to run the latest games.

But our hardware isn't advancing due to those specs. Artificial min specs don't do anything but restrict people from playing the game. Also you sound like a brat saying poor people shouldn't be able to play new games. They shouldn't expect to play them at the highest settings with good quality but the game should be able to be run if their hardware isn't completely ancient.

AWESOME!!!!! You just made my day. Thanks a lot!

Update: Already tried it. The game launches, didnt got time to try and play it, but i will later today. 

There is a dedicated thread for this with DETAILED instructions, esp if the injection goes wrong or doesnt work.

/Even though you said it launches, so I guess your fine anyway...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266114-running-farcry-4-on-a-dual-core-cpu-guide-my-fps-numbers/

Here ya go :)

I'm all for raising the bar. However artificially doing it is stupid and anti everything that makes sense.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers