Far Cry 4 actually do-able on Pentium G3258

ComradeHX

Read video description.

Seems like Ubisoft simply left a bug in PC port in order to pretend that console cpu is better than dual core/thread budget gaming PC.

Future is not bleak with budget gamers who want a good upgrade path to CPU.

Now we should hope that Bioware get head out of rearend and fix their game(...even Call of Duty fixed the problem of not running on dualcore cpu).

Now that everyone knows this... disable uplay update, because Ubisoft will probably try to "patch" this away.

Also, I would like to know how exactly someone can make a game that runs four parallel threads but can't make it run on two.

Now that everyone knows this...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Is that Santa Putin as your profile picture?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Just St.Putin.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

If it's doable on a G32258, then it's doable on a Q6600.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This does not surprise me at all. The game is will cpu optimized and does not even use more than 3 cores in my use.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Just St.Putin.

LOVELY

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Ubi gimping PC releases to make the console versions look better than they are? Now why does this sound familiar I wonder *Cough*

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Pretty sure we stated that it was a bug over and over in the other thread about it not running on dual cores I know I personally said it 3-4 times before becoming frustrated with the continued whining about it. Glad someone managed to fix it though even if Ubi are too lazy to

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Ubi gimping PC releases to make the console versions look better than they are? Now why does this sound familiar I wonder

They already did for the division as well and it's not even released lol

Ubisoft say PCs with dual core CPUs aren't strong enough to run FC4, this is a lie to make the Xbone and PS4 conslows look better. "Point is, with a dll inject, it RUNS on DUAL CORES too, so Ubisoft can go right up it's own arse. Specs are G3258 @4.2GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, PowerColor R7 260X 1GB DDR5 OC 1165 Core/1600 Memory."

EVERYBODY POST THIS TO ALL THE FAR CRY 4 VIDEOS ON THE UBISOFT YOUTUBE CHANNEL

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I really wonder why every video game enthusiast isn't boycotting Ubisoft already. They're actually the shittiest studio there is right now. And I never thought I'd live long enough to see EA dethroned.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I really wonder why every video game enthusiast isn't boycotting Ubisoft already. They're actually the shittiest studio there is right now. And I never thought I'd live long enough to see EA dethroned.

because some of us just want to play the game, if I 100% boycott them, then I cant play the game, and I want to play far cry 4

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ubisoft say PCs with dual core CPUs aren't strong enough to run FC4, this is a lie to make the Xbone and PS4 conslows look better. "Point is, with a dll inject, it RUNS on DUAL CORES too, so Ubisoft can go right up it's own arse. Specs are G3258 @4.2GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, PowerColor R7 260X 1GB DDR5 OC 1165 Core/1600 Memory."

EVERYBODY POST THIS TO ALL THE FAR CRY 4 VIDEOS ON THE UBISOFT YOUTUBE CHANNEL

https://twitter.com/SkilledRebuilds/status/537559035482877952

Everyone should tweet this with #Farcry4 and #Ubisoft

& Totalbiscuit/ReviewtechUSA of course!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Now we should hope that Bioware get head out of rearend and fix their game(...even Call of Duty fixed the problem of not running on dualcore cpu).

Bioware ?

If you mean DA: Inquisition then that game plays brilliantly.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Bioware ?

If you mean DA: Inquisition then that game plays brilliantly.

I mean that game.

It does not play.

because some of us just want to play the game, if I 100% boycott them, then I cant play the game, and I want to play far cry 4

I want to play the game but I also don't want to support shitty studios.

I'm sad I won't get to play FC4 but if it results in a better FC5 then it will be worth it.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I mean that game.

It does not play.

Sorry bud but you're being a little vague, You mean FC4 or DA3 ?

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Sorry bud but you're being a little vague, You mean FC4 or DA3 ?

Dragon Age Inquisition.

Still does not play.

Dragon Age Inquisition.

Still does not play.

Well they do clearly state the minimum is a quad core so that's probably got something to do with it, I played it on an HTPC rig I have with a Q6600 at 3GHZ and a 680, Played fine at 1080 and the Q6600 is like 7 years old now.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

This does not surprise me at all. The game is will cpu optimized and does not even use more than 3 cores in my use.

Ahh the usual "you need minimum Quad XXXX CPU" but the game just rams 1 and sometimes maybe even 2 cores. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Santa Putin knows is amazing at telling who has been naughty and who has been nice because he started his career in KGB.

And if you've been naughty he's gonna stuff your socks not with coal, but with Polonium.

If everyone in here, just once... tweeted TBiscuit & RT-USA

They'd maybe make a quick video, and THAT would get to a LOT more people. (Spread the word mates)

You don't have to use that tweet, make your own.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ahh the usual "you need minimum Quad XXXX CPU" but the game just rams 1 and sometimes maybe even 2 cores. 

I don't know what you are talking about, call of duty ghosts requires 6gb of ram. You remember that game that uses 2gb right? lol

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I will pirate the game.My fellow bros! Pirate the game too.It's for a reason.