Running FarCry 4 on a dual core CPU guide + my FPS numbers.

Everyone knows that the intense, advanced modern games of today require huge amounts of processing power in order to offer the incredible, immersive and cinematic gameplay experiences that they offer.

If you didn't realise when I said 'cinematic', that was satire. This is a guide I'm making to show that FarCry 4 can be run on a dual core system with more than sufficient performance that offers a good gameplay experience.

The first step in this process is to get the game working. In order to do this you'll need to inject a .dll into the FC4 executable when it starts. I'll link all files at the bottom of this post.

Now, with the files you have downloaded and unzipped,you should see this:

Dual_core_injector_folder.png

Run the 'Extreme Injector V3' executable. If it isn't already, you'll need to organise the .dll files in this order specifically, which you can do by adding and removing them:

Dual_core_injector_UI.png

Then, just run FarCry 4 and hit 'Inject' the moment you start it. You need to do it while the splash screen is still up, otherwise it might not work.

Fc4_splash_and_injector.png

Once it works, the game should be running! Woo!

ubi_splash_screen_FC4.png

Now, for the performance numbers I get on my PC, which I would consider a mid-to-low spec system.

As a forenote, I did consider using Fraps, but decided against it and just kept an eye on my numbers as I played as to give general, but more realistic numbers.

My specs:
CPU: Penitum G3258 @ 4.4ghz
GPU: Asus GTX 760 DCUII OC @ Stock (Not a good OC'er)
I'm also using a 1080p monitor (Asus VE248H)

For the different scenarios, I just looked at a wall for 'looking at a wall', then I ran in circles and jumped around a small outpost for 'Running around', and for 'In a firefight' I ran into an enemy outpost and went full retard with an assault rifle. I also didn't test the high and very-high settings as I didn't think it was really worth it. I don't think there's enough of a difference between med, high and very-high to worry about it.

Low: (Game looks like absolute ass, no AA, near no shadows.)
-Looking at a wall: About 61-62
-Running around: Mostly high 40's (Pretty much the same as med settings.)
-In a firefight: Mid 40's.

Med: (looks alright now, still no AA)
-Looking at a wall: High 50's
-Running around: Around 50, down to mid 40's.
-In a firefight: High 30's to low 40's.

Ultra: (Looks darker and more bland, plus the HBAO+ contrast is too damn high.)
-Looking at a wall: Low to mid 50's
-Running around: Average around the 40's, dips down to mid 30's.
-In a firefight: 30's with the occasional dip into 20's.

So, it seems that as you increase in quality, the max fps lowers by a few fps, but the amount that the fps dips during more intense scenes increases substantially.

Injector and .dll files:
- https://mega.co.nz/#!s0IS1QgT!WpNxdc6dSANIs6HFfsFKWzm887weHxVRcq7Sliu2cek
- http://www.multiupfile.com/f/3fc26958 (I tested Zippyshare, can't guarantee the others.)
Thanks to @SkilledRebuilds from whom I borrowed the multifile link from.

Turns out that Skidrow actually made this crack, so kudos to him for that. More of his cracks and other such things over at his site, which is about his (Skidrows) game cracks, which you might even call SkidrowGames. Which could be a network (.net) site. #TechnicallynotbreakingtheCOC

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

It pisses me off that this guide even has to exist in the first place. Why did they make it NOT run on dual core CPUs in the first place?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

It pisses me off that this guide even has to exist in the first place. Why did they make it NOT run on dual core CPUs in the first place?

inb4 Ubisoft just keep on digging

What will my 970 be like with it?

PERFECT (Minus the stutter we all get)

I'm sitting pretty with near 60fps average and it rises and falls around that... say 50-75fps depending what I'm doing/going/looking at.

1080p Ultra Max everything with SMAA

You'd be a bit better than that.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

same reason cod ghosts was forcing a 6gb ram requirement when it only used 2 I guess lol

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

PERFECT (Minus the stutter we all get)

I'm sitting pretty with near 60fps average and it rises and falls around that... say 50-75fps depending what I'm doing/going/looking at.

1080p Ultra Max everything with SMAA

You'd be a bit better than that.

Interestingly enough, I don't find that I get any stutter. I've checked for it, but it's either so short that I can't notice it, or it's just not there.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

The above fix is by SKIDROW, would help to leave him some credits. Tho personally I haven't a clue as to why he made the fix in C#...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6T4XM-agv0

Updated it, thanks for that.

Isnt skidrow that pirate uploader?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Isn't skidrow that pirate uploader game cracker?

Yes he is.

I wouldn't link to his site as he does provide game rips on it (which is piracy that violates CoC). Tho mentioning him for the fix is fine.

• 1 month later...

I would try this on my G3258 if I still had it.....maybe I should grab another and pop it in my Z97M OC Formula and crank up the volts?

I am addicted to building gaming PCs but I don't have a great reason to stop...yet...

I would try this on my G3258 if I still had it.....maybe I should grab another and pop it in my Z97M OC Formula and crank up the volts?

If you've got the cash, why the hell not. Nothing like a bit of OC'ing as a good timesink. 

• 5 months later...

Hey guys I am currently running G3258 and this does not work, does it only work with cracked copies of Far Cry 4? Because I downloaded it straight from steam and this does not work.

• 5 months later...

The fix seems to not work idk if its windows 10 blocking it or ubisoft found out about it but it seems to not work

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

• 2 years later...

This dual core injector does not work on windows 10 build 16299

Amazing how this guide never got locked by a mod given it is against the ToS of the game and all.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

8 hours ago, Popu231 said:

This dual core injector does not work on windows 10 build 16299

Creates an account to respond to a prehistoric thread, by saying thing doesn't work in an OS that came after the thread was buried

Jeez how many layers of smart are you on ?