How can I cut my zip ties without cutting my cable?

TheMidnightNarwhal

Ok so I got some zip ties that are pretty tight and I can get a scissor in there with cutting a cable. How can I easily cut em off or remove them?

Wire cutters. 

Or just be careful. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Cut the thing where the ziptie goes throw.

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

With  a sharp knife and patience. Slowly saw through (I told you to use a sharp knife not a saw) the zip tie but be careful not to damage the cables.

chainsaw

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Cutting pliers or side snips.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You will have to use chainsaw. wrm wrmm wrmmmm 

You will have to use chainsaw. wrm wrmm wrmmmm 

chainsaw-homer-o.gif

Because he had a hard drive.

If you want to be really carefull you can lift up the little piece of plastic in the block witch locks the ziptie with a small screwdriver. although it is easier to use wire cutters.

d463780e82411ffcf5b6012c496d7d8f.jpg

That just reminds me of all those "As seen on TV" products where it shows a black and white video of some person completely failing at the worlds most simple tasks.

Just life the little plastic tab, might take a while but no risk and you can re-use it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I have cutted zip ties with nail clippers, it works really well:

imported_4895418504082.jpg

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Use a heated blade?

Velcro straps are so much better than plastic one-way cable ties.

Yea, and the velcro straps are re-usable or easy to open and add/remove a cable without breaking up the whole bundle.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.