Ubisoft Creative Director: "10% of gamers are 'poisonous' and 'entitled'"

Torand

But wait I thought 90% of PC gamers were pirates according to them.

So does that mean the 10% they think are customers are poison?

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Honestly I'd agree, keep in mind he said this after receiving death threats.

Most of us are fine, but there is a decent amount of us who are entitled, and are poisonous to the community.

I feel dirty agreeing with something coming from a Ubisoft employee.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

While I agree that this was REALLY stupid of him to say - a potential PR disaster .... he's 100% right. Just look at the #PCMR filth and poison that infects even here, where people personally attack anything not PC gaming. Yes, only an extremely small number of people participates in that kind of crap, it taints the PC Gamer image for the rest of us... And that's not even counting SWATTERS and those who make death threats, etc.

In other words, I agree with him, but he should have never said that in a public forum. Too much room for the comment to be taken out of context and/or misunderstood.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

When everybody can't read...

I'm pretty sure he's saying 90% of people are good, but then you have those 10% of assholes

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Ubisoft sell 10% of their games to snakes? 

I think I found the problem.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

10% poisonous and entitled?...I am not sure about that...

but i'm 100% certain that ubisoft won't shut up and the hole is getting deeper and deeper.

According to another pole, 10% of pc gamers own an AMD cpu. Is the ubisoft team an nvidia fanboy group?

Combination_transmission_distribution_po

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

post-75265-0-05975000-1416512533.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Don't have a problem with that Tweet but since this guy is representing Ubisoft.....................not exactly great timing.

I am rubber You are glue!

How come that all of this "insults" coming from AAA pubs and the like can be shot right back at them?

Ubisoft 100% professional digger confirmed

Two revolutionary dance tones

-snip-

Yeah. I wanted to reply to people but it's difficult on my phone. So I decided it's not worth the effort for me.

And by reply to people, I mean multiple people in a single post so I'm not not quad posting and stuff. It's more effort than it's worth.

-snip-

The sad fact is this is the exact mentality that man was referring to when he made the comment. Is isn't just not wrong, he is 100% correct. A majority of your fanbase will be happy and QUIET, a segment of that fanbase will be happy but be critical of your decisions, the rest will be angry and vocal. They also tend to be straight up ass holes when it comes to being critical, often losing their message in a sea of teenage angst. 

He is just commenting on how real life works, across multiple industries. And guess what sort of people are taking it personally? The assholes, thats who. Normal, reasonable people who can have discourse (both positive and negative) without getting angry and most importantly without having self worth attached to their position? They aren't the ones getting angry over these comments. 

The kinds of gamers you see around here and reddit for the most part come across as reasonable people I'd have a drink with and talk shop. They aren't crazies on both sides of the spectrum. You'll always have the nutters who take it far too seriously and get far too invested. And to be honest, they aren't even the worst. Sports fanboys are particularly ruthless, and far more aggravating to put up with. Gamers like to think the have the market locked down on being angry and jilted and betrayed. Just goes to show how ignorant that 10% in any category can be. 

Yup. Just like a blonde white girl, I literally can't even.

Sometimes when I'm reading people's overreactive replies, I'm sitting here thinking, "Am I the crazy one or is everyone else crazy?" especially after that whole click bait sensationalized title "Ubisoft blames AMD for performance issues" and crap.

You know, he's probably right.

This isn't something you say to your customers though.

Exactly

Gamer + Musician + Techie = Me

Steam: luke104.3

Origin: xxluke104xx

This isn't something you say to your customers though.

He's talking about those whiny little shits, who aren't their customers anyway. Like those who torrent their games and then brag about it on here and on other forums.

Guess they just want to give us more reasons to hate them!

Grow up.

This one is kinda personal. I have to wonder how closely that 10% figure represents us, the core gaming community, the ones who actually understand the gravity of their missteps. Maybe they mean us.

Of course, he's talking about you guys. The ones who are constantly bitching and moaning and will never be happy with anything.

Yeah, when lately 100% of your actions are anti consumer bullshit you deserve every last fucking one of them Ubi.

Anti consumer, lol.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

90% of Ubisoft games are broken and overpriced

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Of course, he's talking about you guys. The ones who are constantly bitching and moaning and will never be happy with anything.

I think it's perfectly fair to say that Assassin's Creed Unity is a product worthy of bitching about. As was their review embargo on Unity that lasted for twelve hours post-launch. You're right, I'll personally never be happy with that kind of treatment.

Grow up.

You don't have to be an ass about it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Only 10%? I'm pretty sure the number of poisonous and entitled "gamers" are way up into the 25-30% range. Though the general concept of people being entitled to things seem to be on some kind of pandemic in recent years... .

I highly HIGHLY doubt it is anywhere near the 25 - 30% range of gamers.

Gosh people, you are not entitled to anything

We are entitled to many things.

We are entitled to honest advertising. We are (in my country) entitled to a refund if the product doesn't work, was falsely advertised to do something that it does not, was advertised to work on certain hardware but doesn't, was listed as a certain price but we get charged a different price (I think you only get back the difference). We are entitled to take our money elsewhere if someone's product is not worth the asking price or is a gigantic steaming pile of crap. We are also entitled to do so if the company behind the product treats us like absolute crap.

We are also entitled to complain about a product and tell other people about why it is bad and about the anti-consumer practices companies (like Ubi) employ, to convince others not to buy it and to tell everyone else about companies that do it right. Like CdProjektRed, with 16 DLC free, no exclusives under any circumstances.

Many of these things tie into each other and many more. Gamers are 'entitled', to many things. But Ubisoft expects to treat us like cash cows and have us sit there quietly and take it. I on the other hand will use the rights I am 'ENTITLED' to, under the laws of my country.

He's talking about those whiny little shits, who aren't their customers anyway. Like those who torrent their games and then brag about it on here and on other forums.

He said "10% of the audience". I'd say that includes both.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on