Ubisoft Creative Director: "10% of gamers are 'poisonous' and 'entitled'"

Torand

So I was perusing reddit when suddenly:

A wild Ubisoft appeared & it wants your money!

Ubisoft used Dig!

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2muzq8/ubisoft_creative_director_10_of_gamers_are/

It was super effective.

Customer used Money!

It's attack missed!

S1uyBLR.jpg

Really ubisoft, this again?

There are always those rotten bananas to ruin the bunch, but of a person in his position, surely - surely - he knew the repercussions of saying this. Especially at a time when they are at the status they are currently at with their customers.

Ok it's only a tweet, not an article per say but I think Peter Griffin sums it up best:

late? or maybe I'm remembering reddit posts.. idk I feel like I've seen this here before :/

and I hate ubisoft just as much as the next guy, but they were having a conversation about death threats and trolls.

not bug reporting & whatnot.

so yea.. I don't think it matters and in the context it was used, I'd agree. There is a small percentage of Gamers, PC gamers, that give the rest a bad name

like all groups.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

late? or maybe I'm remembering reddit posts.. idk I feel like I've seen this here before :/

Ubisoft has hit the level where people are getting confused because they're mixing up all the shit they've been saying xD 

10% of the world's population is poisonous and entitled. Pointless statement by the shovel holding diggers.

PC Gamers = 10% Twats + 90% Pirates

Why even make games for PC at all Ubisoft?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

hey ubi don't worry i got your hole cleared

Clumsy_Digging.gif

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Guess they just want to give us more reasons to hate them!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Calling people entitled is like using the hater defense. Used by idiots, and a jedi mind trick that only works on idiots. We laughed at EA when they said it. We laughed when Colin Moriarty called us all Entitled gamers and we are laughing at you Ubisoft. EA had to learn the hard way and now you are taking a page out of their playbook which they have since burned...

What we have here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. Which is the way he wants, it. Well he gets it.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Can anyone show the tweet?

I dont have access to reddit at work

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hjh6pIr.png

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

8vhQPpz.jpg?1

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

but of a person in his position, surely - surely - he knew the repercussions of saying this. Especially at a time when they are at the status they are currently at with their customers.

After all that's happened, I seriously question whether Ubisoft has the PR savvy to understand the repercussions of their public statements.

This one is kinda personal. I have to wonder how closely that 10% figure represents us, the core gaming community, the ones who actually understand the gravity of their missteps. Maybe they mean us.

I'll just pop this in the article as well. Forgot people might not be able to access Reddit. :)

Yeah its blocked at work for me, which sucksssssssssss, but is probably a good things for my "productivity" 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Only 10%? I'm pretty sure the number of poisonous and entitled "gamers" are way up into the 25-30% range. Though the general concept of people being entitled to things seem to be on some kind of pandemic in recent years... Gosh people, you are not entitled to anything.

Cheers,

Linus

Yeah its blocked at work for me, which sucksssssssssss, but is probably a good things for my "productivity" 

Hehe, what is this "productivity" you speak of? :P

Hehe, what is this "productivity" you speak of? :P

I dunno, thats why I am on the forum at work

https://twitter.com/BangBangClick/status/534543612407992321

Here is his twitter. This is the same guy that called everyone pirates, even though people bought the game through VPN, the game came out with that FOV problem a day early and people were playing it legally that day.  So apparently everyone in New Zealand, Australia are pirates. People who got the game early legally were pirates and he seems to think offline mode means you have no internet access. This after the people probably played OFFLINE to see if it fixed the stuttering, or worried about performance, when their OFFICIAL STATEMENT told us to play their last game OFFLINE. 

Sid.exe -skipintro ‏@sidspyker  Nov 17
@BangBangClick Could also be someone who decided to play offline can't it?
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
More
 Alex Hutchinson ‏@BangBangClick  Nov 17
@sidspyker Perhaps! But then how are they posting....

This company is beyond stupid. The fact these idiotic "game journalism" magazines ran with the idea that all PC Gamers are pirates shows what a joke they are and they may as well list the Triple A companies as their employers. The people defending this crap on LTT? Even funnier.

According to another pole, 10% of pc gamers own an AMD cpu. Is the ubisoft team an nvidia fanboy group?

10% of the world's population is poisonous and entitled. Pointless statement by the shovel holding diggers.

Well more than 10% are poisonous but as for feeling entitled I think everyone in the world should have certain things for free.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

And yet 100% of Ubisoft is still stupid... Gotta feel bad for the dev studios under them, in which they are pretty much owned by the stupid publisher.