Ubisoft discovers source of low FPS in AC: Unity

ImBleu

Just because they agreed to it, it doesn't make it excusable by any means. If your options are to agree to work overtime for no pay or to not have a job at all, guess what, you're going to "agree" whether you like it or not. I'm positive he fully understood his contract, he wasn't a moron for letting the world know that Ubisoft treats their developers like an expendable resource rather than human beings. Its a problem with the entire industry and the best thing you can do is let people know what they are supporting by buying games from developers like Ubisoft.

A majority of the industry has salaried contracts. A lot of industries outside gaming employ the same salaried conditions. This is only news to 14 year olds who have never had a real corporate job or otherwise know nothing about how real jobs work

My own contract is salaried. Thankfully I have a clause that has a hard limit on my max hours a week. Guess what? Employees are expendable. We live in a market where you have more talent than you do positions. That's why every company can do this. Don't want it? GTFO. They'll find someone just as talented to fill your spot. Welcome to corporate business, don't let reality hit you in the ass on your way out.

It is excusable. It's mutually agreed upon and sanctioned by government labour laws, both provincial and federal. It's like living in an at will state. Your employment can be terminated for any and all reasons, or no reason at all. That's on you to figure out if you can live with it. People who sign salaried contracts know damn well what work conditions they are signing up for.

A majority of the industry has salaried contracts. A lot of industries outside gaming employ the same salaried conditions. This is only news to 14 year olds who have never had a real corporate job or otherwise know nothing about how real jobs work

My own contract is salaried. Thankfully I have a clause that has a hard limit on my max hours a week. Guess what? Employees are expendable. We live in a market where you have more talent than you do positions. That's why every company can do this. Don't want it? GTFO. They'll find someone just as talented to fill your spot. Welcome to corporate business, don't let reality hit you in the ass on your way out.

It is excusable. It's mutually agreed upon and sanctioned by government labour laws, both provincial and federal. It's like living in an at will state. Your employment can be terminated for any and all reasons, or no reason at all. That's on you to figure out if you can live with it. People who sign salaried contracts know damn well what work conditions they are signing up for.

All you did is repeat what I said and added "deal with it". You're missing the point, there's a difference between understanding a situation and blindly accepting it. Its because of people like you, who just lie down and accept their prescribed anal thrashing, that this is still reality. FFS, just because it isn't illegal it doesn't make it right. You're not getting that the only reason for this to be the standard for salaried positions is pure corporate greed taking advantage of a surplus in employees. You're not supposed to accept it because its reality, you're supposed to be PISSED because its reality. I genuinely do not understand people like you. You understand the situation and see the problem, but you simply don't care. I can't find a scrap of logic in your actions. I don't know anything about you nor what you have experienced, but I have to ask, do you even know who broke you?

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

And again

5897.gif

Go fuck yourself Ubisoft.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So, what was the point of pre-ordering, given everyone has to wait a few weeks after release for games to be playable so often these days?

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

ha i can see them in all in a room "oh gosh our plan backfired... the stock is dropping and everyone is angry"

"we'll just give it some time and release the original version we made that worked"

"Great idea!! we can just say we "Fixed" it"

"guess our 30 Fps plan didnt work... oh well"

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Why didn't Ubisoft fix some of the major bugs before releasing the game, if they can find fixes in a week? Well, the damage is already done.

Nevermind, not gonna buy or play this game. Not my concern.

Why didn't Ubisoft fix some of the major bugs before releasing the game, if they can find fixes in a week? Well, the damage is already done.

Nevermind, not gonna buy or play this game. Not my concern.

Pressured by investors to release a new AC game yearly.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Like others have hypothesized, this would have been their sneaky way of imposing that cinematic 30 fps on PC.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Could things have gone differently if they used the Mantle API and not stick with DirectX11?

Probably assuming AMD were correct when they mentioned the 50,000 draw calls but the thing is it's a Nvidia title Ubisoft have a deal with Nvidia so no way in hell would they even consider using mantle and allowing the game to run better on AMD/ATI cards lol

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Probably assuming AMD were correct when they mentioned the 50,000 draw calls but the thing is it's a Nvidia title Ubisoft have a deal with Nvidia so no way in hell would they even consider using mantle and allowing the game to run better on AMD/ATI cards lol

Which is what bothers me... They know that they'll be releasing on consoles that use AMD hardware... Thanks to that, everyone's getting bad performance... Not just the consoles...

I'd understand (from a corporate point of view) if they nerfed the PC version for AMD users because of that nVidia partnership, but the consoles... That's inexcusable...

All you did is repeat what I said and added "deal with it". You're missing the point, there's a difference between understanding a situation and blindly accepting it. Its because of people like you, who just lie down and accept their prescribed anal thrashing, that this is still reality. FFS, just because it isn't illegal it doesn't make it right. You're not getting that the only reason for this to be the standard for salaried positions is pure corporate greed taking advantage of a surplus in employees. You're not supposed to accept it because its reality, you're supposed to be PISSED because its reality. I genuinely do not understand people like you. You understand the situation and see the problem, but you simply don't care. I can't find a scrap of logic in your actions. I don't know anything about you nor what you have experienced, but I have to ask, do you even know who broke you?

Nothing broke him, he has just been around long enough to know the difference between a hopeless ideal and reality.

Unions and employee groups have been fighting this method of salaried employment for centuries, the problem is not that people take it lying down or just accept it, the issue is that it's the only method that is sustainable.  If you demand too much from an employer they will go bust and then you have more unemployed and less taxes being paid, allowing this to happen across a countries economy risk resulting in the start of a recession.

Similarly if you go the other way you have walmart.  Believe it or not the salaried method is close to the best compromise there is.  

Also I note no one complains about the salaried worker when there is little work load and they still get paid the same to take it easy.  In the OP instance,    The alleged worker is complaining about a busy period, would he be making such a ruckus during a quieter time?   It's pretty simple, if you don't like the working conditions then leave.   It's not rocket science.

For the record I have first hand experience in heavily unionized workforces and workforces with minimum wage and no union support.  I also have experience in industries that cannot strike (health) for better conditions and industries that can (education and construction).  Having spent the last 20 years working in many different roles (including HR) I can assure you it is not as simple as many think it is. 

The most volatile business to be in is construction, more builders go out of business than any health business.  This is because health workers can only strike so long before their actions cost lives (so they don't), while construction workers can strike for weeks and it costs the government/builders millions.  At least salaried guys have a set wage and know whats expected of them, If they don't like it they can go into a higher paying job with more hours and less stability or they can go into a lower paying job with controlled hours and lots of security. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

We can tell you that we have detected a distinct discrepancy between what we observed in the pre-launch versus post-launch environment.

NO! Just no. They knew about the performance issues before hand. If they didn't know then the recommended system specs wouldn't have been that insane.

Anyways I'm almost done ACU and I'm really enjoying it! The music, story, and setting are amazing while the game mechanics and graphics are okay. The only thing that I can really complain about is the technical aspect of the game. (LOD's, AIs, Uplay, etc.)

The source: Shitty console ports & terrible optimization.

We all know that there was a 99.999% chance that they purposely made it run shittily on pc like they did.

unity runs poop on consoles to..

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Ah, in that case then ubisoft is just a pro at making shittily optimized games across all platforms.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

They know that the game has Low FPS but they still releas it... WTF Ubisoft

Just push the releas date further back!

Didn't PC per find out it was because of to many draw calls around 55k which is

more than  DirectX 11 can handle 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Didnt PC per find out it was because of to many draw calls around 55k which is

more than DirectX 11 can handle 

Yes, and this is addressed as something being fixed in Emergency Patch #3. 

I can see that Ubisoft is at least now trying to sort things out and make things better with patches etc. Kudos to them for that.

But the problem is that for the big fans of the franchise it will be too late. e.g. my friend who is a big Assassin's Creed fan has now already finished the game. For single player games it's even more important to have a strong release as most people play through it once.

The game runs fine on consoles.

It doesn't hold 30fps but neither does GTA V while looking waaay worse.

RTX2070OC 

The game runs fine on consoles.

It doesn't hold 30fps but neither does GTA V while looking waaay worse.

no it doesnt, it gets to the point of being a slide show.... sure gtav goes below 30fps but it doesnt go to 10fps for no reason like unity. Also gtav only dips below 30fps on last gen, not current gen like unity. Your compairing an apple to a pear

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

post-75265-0-05975000-1416512533.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

So guys, the Dragon Age devs posted on Twitter that they found a bug with certain Nvidia graphics cards and that they're working with Nvidia to resolve them. Does that mean Bioware is blaming Nvidia??

@LinusTech

Correcting you on something you said when commenting on this article in the WAN show. You said no one has been saying the crowd size has been tanking the issues, which is something TotalBiscuit brought up many times in his "Let's not buy AC: Unity yet" Video.