ooooh, my favorite case and you're making it better  :blink: mind blown

Can't wait!

I'm so excited I don't know what to do!!! *smacks keyboard against wall*

first i hoped you ordered the car, not the leather :P

You had me on R...

Can't wait  :D

Yesssss

I support thiss

Subbed for sure, can't wait to see the results. Exotic cars are definitely a great source to draw color pallet inspiration.

ooooh, my favorite case and you're making it better  :blink: mind blown

Thank you everyone for the awesome response!! I am working on the next update for you guys as I type :D

Things that I have to do are:

Sleeve fan cables

Fabricate leather dress panel for H100i

Install power button

Paint motherboard armour

Paint GPU shroud

Paint SSD

Install everything

Wire it up

These things will happen really fast, and this project should be finished (hopefully) by the end of the week. Stay tuned as I have some sponsor announcements and such as well!

Thanks for reading and giving me this great motivation! The sponsored S-Frame project starts right after this ;)

Kind regards,

Justin

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Sponsored by

corsair_logo_zpscb51f5e0.png

Update No.4

Backplate Construction

in Installation

Hello again and welcome to another of my crazy updates, using this fine little case called the Carbide Air 240 from Corsair.

Well, Once I got the leather in, I started experimenting with how I would use it in this project. I had the idea of creating some vanity plates in various places of the case to make it feel cozy, like the inside of the Maclaren Spider's cockpit. First I started off with making a cable cover for the backside.

To attach these two plates together, I made a plate which screws into both the top and bottom plates which features my logo. I cut the logo from vinyl using scissors ( as I do not have one of those fancy plotters... Maybe you guys can crowdfund me one? :) ) and stuck it on. Then I painted the plate and logo which gave this awesome embossed look which is only visible from certain angles. 

DSC08071_zps253b8d62.jpg

DSC08075_zps5f4f10ab.jpg

Once everything was cut, glued and fitted, I went ahead and installed it into the case. Here you can also see the painted PSU. more pictures of that coming soon ;)

DSC08076_zpsf9d9290d.jpg

DSC08078_zpse2e3b426.jpg

DSC08079_zpsa51afc91.jpg

There are some small wrinkles in the leather that I cannot get out, but I do not mind. It gives the case a "worn in" feel. 

That is it for me with this update. Please let me know what you think so far, and if you want any more details, you need but just ask :)

Kind regards,

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Love it so far, especially the user of leather. I really like the use of materials such as leather, wood and glass in builds. A classy contrast from plastics and brushed aluminium.

Subbed

the "yellow"ish white looks a bit odd to the icy white of the case but is sure has that luxury look, really nice!

I like that it is so pale. I would have preferred a darker tanned colour personally.. The colour of this material differed from the sample on the website which I ordered from. They even folded it and crammed it into a box, thus creating wrinkles all over it. Easy to say that I will never order from them again :)

What is the cable cover. Like what is the leather wrapped around? And how did you do it? I'm really tempted to try it now...

The cable cover is made from 1.5mm aluminium sheet that I have cut and bent. Then I used 3M spray on glue to adhere the faux leather, and "wrap" these aluminium panels.

Love it so far, especially the user of leather. I really like the use of materials such as leather, wood and glass in builds. A classy contrast from plastics and brushed aluminium.

Subbed

Thanks mate! I like using these odd materials, and plan on using wood in an upcoming project :)

Kind regards,

Justin

Looks great. The wrinkles should come out with some heat, from either a heat lamp or space heater, or even sunlight.

Looks great. The wrinkles should come out with some heat, from either a heat lamp or space heater, or even sunlight.

Thanks for the tip. I will try tonight to fix that wrinkle out with a heatsource :)

/Justin

Hey everyone,

So I went ahead and made a short video of the Re(de)fine while WIP. Please check it out!

Kind regards,

Justin

*dropping pants for some weird reason*

NZXT H440   //   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC   //   i5 4670K   //   MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB   //   HyperX Beast 8GB 2400mhz   //   OCZ Agility

As always I'm astonished by your builds Justin. This looks really promising!

O.o Your voice is completely different from what i expected  :ph34r:  But still it has personality!  :D

*dropping pants for some weird reason*

Pulls out Preperation H.

As always I'm astonished by your builds Justin. This looks really promising!

Thank you sir! :D

O.o Your voice is completely different from what i expected  :ph34r:  But still it has personality!  :D

Haha. More girly, I know :) That is why I am shy in front of a camera!

Kind regards,

Justin

Sponsored by

Update No.5

Custom paintjob for PSU

Continuation of custom leather panels

Hello and welcome again everybody!

I have a small update as I have had a few questions regarding which PSU I have used in this project. Well I am here to tell! :D

The PSU is a Corsair RM850w, painted with paint which is used for painting cars with the bran Multona, bought from Mekonomen online for instore. I used superwhite with colourc ode #0009, and finished off with 2 layers clear coat. This paint is durable, and looks great all glossy. 

The inside of the case, and all outside panels are repainted with the same coloured paint, as I am a perfectionist.

I would like to apologize for the lack of images of the PSU itself... I had very limited time to get the project finished before DH, so documenting the painting process was a low priority :( But I will spam with more images of the case with PSU installed, and a few other custom panels which I made for this beast PC.

Oh, did I mention that a GTX970 Strix from ASUS is going into this bad boy? No?! OK, well I will have some images of this, and some more sponsor announcements over the coming days!

Time for the photodump!

DSC08092_zpsfc118d2a.jpg

DSC08084_zps4c3de432.jpg

DSC08087_zps8053337a.jpg

DSC08089_zps5b4a08bc.jpg

DSC08090_zps7b94b022.jpg

DSC08093_zpsfe04905b.jpg

DSC08096_zpsffc46043.jpg

DSC08097_zps1bd6a4cc.jpg

So as usual everyone, please let me know on anything that I can improve on and I will take that on constructive criticism - making an even better build log for you all to enjoy :)

Kind regards,

soooo, where can i order this system?

seriously, if i would want a comfy system i would want something like this.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

soooo, where can i order this system?

seriously, if i would want a comfy system i would want something like this.

It looks amazing, keep up the great work! 

Cheers guys! :D

/J

Sponsored by

UPClogo_zps042bb5db.jpg

Update No.6
UPC sponsorship update

Hello guys and girls of modding!

This update is to announce UPC (Ultimate Personal Computer) as a sponsor of custom made and sleeved cable kit for my Corsair RM850 PSU. 

These cables were hand made by Adam Birli - who is the owner at UPC - using a combination of MDPC sleeving and his own sleeving named Aegis! These cables will go perfect with this build. I just love the look and feel of them and best of all, I don't need to sleeve!

Thanks UPC for the sponsorship.

DSC08109_zps59e3edf8.jpg

DSC08110_zps99843884.jpg

DSC08111_zpsd43af4d3.jpg

DSC08112_zpsb7c86e88.jpg

DSC08113_zpsf5725739.jpg

DSC08114_zpsf478b59c.jpg

DSC08115_zpsd114139b.jpg

DSC08116_zpsf892dfd3.jpg

DSC08117_zpsc5ed7db6.jpg

DSC08118_zpsa885199d.jpg

DSC08119_zpsc666c81a.jpg

DSC08120_zps6bd878ad.jpg

DSC08121_zpsb8e43127.jpg

DSC08123_zps66614429.jpg

DSC08125_zpscc12433a.jpg

DSC08126_zps90967a58.jpg

DSC08127_zpsb1396f6e.jpg

DSC08128_zps3b4a9f2b.jpg

DSC08129_zps4eec067e.jpg

DSC08130_zps2fae253a.jpg

DSC08131_zpsa797808b.jpg

DSC08134_zps8ca8d22b.jpg

DSC08136_zpsc74a7a19.jpg

So guys, thank you for reading, and I will have another update for you in just a few days!

Kind regards,

dang, nice build 

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

It is going to be a damn sweet system, looking forward to i have saved enough for my next build.

CPU: I7 4790K GPU: Manli GTX 980 Mobo: Asus Gryphon z97 RAM: kingston Hyper x fury 16GB 1866mhz PSU: EVGA supernova 750W G2 SSD: Samsung 840 evo 500GB HDD: WD Black 3TB Case: Parvum s2.0 Fans: Noiseblocker E-loop 800rpm Cooling: Custom water cooling

oooo dem cables oooo :D 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400