Re(de)fine (Air 240) by MetallicAcid

MetallicAcid

Not sure if i've ever been so jelly on a computer build *-*

I'm almost certain now, that my next case will be an Air 240 too. But instead i'll go for Watercooling.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Wow really interesting. Never seen anything like it.

But I can't wait till our s-frame build, that's more my style

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

jesus.. 

this is way above perfection man!...

excellent job... the look and effort put into the details are just plain amazing...

small details makes the difference!...

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

That is plain magic. Just wow. Nice working and hope seeing your new project soon

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

"Oh my numerous gods!"

If you get that reference, here's a virtual kiss:

*mwah*

That is drop dead gorgeous! Love the leather and engravings! Job well done!  

Thank you Temples for checking out my project :) Jens did all of the engravings which gives it an outstanding personal touch!

Looks sweet man. Can tell alot of hardwork and effort was put into this build.

Haha, yeah! Alot of time as well :P

This is gorgeous. Next level modding at its finest. Hope to see more from you.

Thanks mate. I am always trying to raise the bar.

Very nice and clean, but for some reason it's not satisfying... I think it's that it's not water cooled? Yea, that's what it is. I love the way it's very very clean and gorgeous.

:) Hehe. I would have prefered to watercool it, but Jens wanted a near maintenance free PC. A closed loop was the perfect solution for him.

damn, that looks sweet ass awesome, s(l)ick and neat and whatever.

but c-c-can i ask you to send me a copy of the cable+tubing management? that looks the best i ever saw, would love to see some details on it.

Thanks! Sure thing man. Each hole is plotted 7mm from each other, and each hole is 4.5mm wide. Best to use a pillar drill to assure accuracy! 

looks just ballin, altough I would just love to see some white led's in there  

Cheers man :) LEDs might appear one day, then I will get some shots ;)

How are the temps with all that material in the case?

Idle: CPU 26c GPU 30c

Load: CPU 55c GPU 65c

Thermals don't seem to be affected by the material. There is an extra large opening up to and an exhaust fan, so all air exits the chassis.

Your build = the best kind of builds

So beautiful, but still not as good as the last one 

That you sir! Can't always make them better in the eyes of everyone, but I can always try something new and unique :)

My god, that is some top tier craftsmanship.

congratulations on a fantastic build!

Thank you Nup! It has taken some time to get the details right, but it has been worth it.

Cables and false motherboard tray are amazing, To be honest i'm more impressed with the PSU side than the motherboard/component side.

I think were this one just falls short (for me, totally my opinion) if you're after this feedback is where the CPU block has been painted and its all white, it looks a bit bland, same with the white on the dominators and the MA plate on the PSU side. If those could be coloured to be broken up it would really enhance this.

In saying that you have texture wrapped this PC in a way rarely done before and it is absolutely amazing. You always have innovative idea's and lets face it...

...bring on the S-Frame, because that render has destroyed my mind...

Thank D33g33. I had thought of using another colour to offset the texts on those various parts/places, but I didn't want it to look "too much". It was also supposed to be subtle so if you didn't see it the first time, you might see it later and think "Ahh nice!".

The S-Frame project is delayed until I can get someone to finance the project. The last person had some troubles and couldn't go through with it.

Not sure if i've ever been so jelly on a computer build *-*

I'm almost certain now, that my next case will be an Air 240 too. But instead i'll go for Watercooling.

I might recommend other cases before this if you plan on water cooling. The options are pretty slim if you are wanting to use mATX :( But thanks for checking out the project.

Wow really interesting. Never seen anything like it.

But I can't wait till our s-frame build, that's more my style

Thanks Spwath as always! As I had mentioned, the S-Frame build is on hold until I can find someone to fill it with parts.

jesus.. 

this is way above perfection man!...

excellent job... the look and effort put into the details are just plain amazing...

small details makes the difference!...

Cheers man :) I am all about the details!

That is plain magic. Just wow. Nice working and hope seeing your new project soon

And thank you Sheen! I hope to get a new project started soon!

"Oh my numerous gods!"

If you get that reference, here's a virtual kiss:

*mwah*

I recognise the reference, but can't put my finger on it. Please put me out of my misery! Thanks BTW!!

/J

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

I recognise the reference, but can't put my finger on it. Please put me out of my misery! Thanks BTW!!

/J

Futurama: The boss of the Cryogenics place says it to Leela and her crew after playing poker

"Oh my numerous gods, x-ray specs!"

Ah, didn't see that.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Wauw.. Everything is fitting together here!  The leather, the white and the sleeving! First time I see leather in a case, it gave me some great ideas! Thanks.

Keep up the good work! A cool and awesome build.

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you all once again for checking out the project. I am hard at work trying to get the S-Frame and Osmi projects to life.

See you all in a little while ;)

/J

Are you doing a S-Frame build!?!?!??!?!?!? :DDDDD

SBJ  "Back in my day, the OS was the bios"

Thank you all once again for checking out the project. I am hard at work trying to get the S-Frame and Osmi projects to life.

See you all in a little while ;)

/J

you know you have 500 posts now you could change your member title to something like amazing modder.

Are you doing a S-Frame build!?!?!??!?!?!? :DDDDD

Hopefully. I already have the chassis but just need some hardware!

you know you have 500 posts now you could change your member title to something like amazing modder.

Oh I didn't know that! I don't know what to change it too.. Are there any other suggestions from you guys what I should make it??

/J

Hopefully. I already have the chassis but just need some hardware!

Oh I didn't know that! I don't know what to change it too.. Are there any other suggestions from you guys what I should make it??

/J

"not a modder"

"wannabe modder"

"OEM systems FTW"

it should be under your settings somewhere for you to change.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

@MetallicAcid For the Gryphon armor was it easy to paint? Also what paint and how coats did you use?

It was extremely easy to paint @SYPH. There are some screws to loosen, then it just lifts off from the motherboard. I used plastidip, and gave the armour 4 very thin coats, with around 30mins drying between each coat, then let it dry for 48 hours before attaching it.

Hope this helps. 

/J

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Just letting you know that I have started a new project, which can be found here :) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/322330-elegance-by-metallicacid/#entry4381088

Please come and watch ;)

Kind regards,

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen