Working Apple-1 computer sold by Steve Jobs himself is up for auction

Apple Nostalgia hits a new high on this one..
jobs-apple-1.jpg

The Only known surviving Apple-1 computer (The original apple computer), sold by firm’s co-founder Steve Jobs in 1976 is set to be auctioned at Christies later this year ,You can soon purchase the only surviving Apple-1 Personal Computer to come with proof that it was personally sold by Steve Jobs.The Apple I was Apple's very first product.

The fully operational Apple computer that co-founder Steve Jobs sold from his parents’ garage in 1976 for $600 will hit the auction block next month, where it is expected to fetch more than half a million dollars or even upto a million dollars ,

Jobs-Wozniak-Apple-1.jpg

The so-called Ricketts Apple-1 personal computer, named after its original owner, Charles Ricketts, and being sold on 11 December,  This is the only known surviving Apple-1 documented as having been sold directly by Jobs, then just 21, to an individual from the Los Altos, California, family home

Charles Ricketts purchased the Apple-1 almost 40 years ago, on July 27, 1976, directly from Jobs in Los Altos, California, for just $600,

Steve-Wozniak-reacts-to-Steve-Jobs-resig

Auctioning item shown below
141104-tech-apple1-computer-christies-au

The computer is fully operational, and will be sold along with the original cancelled check and a second for $193 labeled "Software NA programmed by Steve Jobs August 1976." It seems likely that the Rickett's Apple-1 will sell for more than $1 million, given that The Henry Ford acquired one of the devices for $905,000 just last month.

Technically it was designed and hand-built mostly by Steve Wozniak, Jobs was assisting him..

At the time, the Apple Computer Company (now called Apple Inc.) was made up of just Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, and their office was the Los Altos garage of Jobs' parents. From 1976 onward, the team hand-built 200 Apple-1s, which were priced at $666.66. There are thought to be just 15 working Apple-1 computers in the world.

Evolution of apple...

apple-computer-design-evolution_14040268

Apple 1 Production was Discontinued from September 30, 1977

Advertisement on Apple 1 (MUST READ)

Apple_1_Advertisement_Oct_1976.jpg

An Apple-1 expert serviced and started the computer, running the standard original software program, Microsoft Basic, and an original Apple-1 Star Trek game to test it out

After its initial purchase, the Ricketts Apple-1 personal computer came into the hands of Bruce Waldack, an entrepreneur who later fell on hard times and died in 2007. The computer was sold at a sheriff's auction in 2004, and a Virginia collector named Bob Luther acquired it.

steve_jobs_1.jpg

So what are the Ballin System specs of this behemoth you ask?

CPU          :  MOS 6502 @ a whopping 1 MHz upto 2 Mhz

Memory   : 4 KB standard expandable to 8 KB or 48 KB using expansion card

Graphics : 40×24 characters, hardware-implemented scrolling (for spine chilling graphics)

As of 2013, at least 61 Apple I computers have been confirmed to exist. Only six have been verified to be in working condition.

So there you go another overpriced apple product yet again :D

Pretty cool news imo, Please do leave your thoughts /comments or rants down below....

Bonus:

Turn your laptop into an apple product today..

i-love-apple.jpg

Head over to these links for a quick reads

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/apple-1-computer-sold-steve-jobs-out-his-garage-auction-n241231

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/4/7153721/steve-jobs-apple-1-auction

Details separate people.

Prepare for the fanboy storm.

On topic, I think this is pretty cool myself.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Knowing how far fanatics and collectors can go, I'd estimate the selling price around 2 million USD...

It will be interesting to see what this computer ends up going for. One thing that is for sure though is that someone will end up paying wayy too much for this old piece of tech.

Something I can finally have sex with...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The guy who bought it and kept it in perfect condition until now is a wizard and living proof that time travel is possible. He went back and told himself that one day this will make him a millionaire :)

Apple could also sue him and require this back hahaha

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Cool if you are a hardcore apple fan that loved Steve Jobs a shit ton. 

a89b5fe72a86b7b82640366195589d61.png

In that episode, Patrick said he "only has seven."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

That's actually really cool, I'm sure it will go for an insane amount of money.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

You can call it Apple junk all you want, but then I believe you are very ignorant. 

Was this sold by Jobs directly or by the that computer shop that he conned? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

sttsbSR.jpg

Well, it was about that time I noticed Steve Jobs was about eight stories tall and was a crustacean from the plethazoic era!

You can call it Apple junk all you want, but then I believe you are very ignorant. 

Was this sold by Jobs directly or by the that computer shop that he conned? 

Source claims that this was direct sale from the garage by steve, there's only a check statement as a proof(every source i read the news article just had this as a same statement), but i really don't believe news sources nowadays, might be blown up fact or could be the exact thing you said.

(one of 50 hand-built for the ByteShop by Steve Wozniak in the summer of 1976) , Check quote "Purchased 1976 from Steve Jobs in his parents' garage in Los Altos."

Details separate people.

half a million for that?  and you guys reckon the imacs are overpriced...    :P  :lol:  :ph34r: 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's actually pretty neat.

Anyone know if there was a specific reason it was originally priced at $666.66? Seems like an odd number lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

In comparison, I'd be interested to see what the fetching price of the first PC to run Windows would fetch if it was auctioned at the same time. I bet you it'd be waaaaay less. If just because Bill Gates is still kickin.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

In comparison, I'd be interested to see what the fetching price of the first PC to run Windows would fetch if it was auctioned at the same time. I bet you it'd be waaaaay less. If just because Bill Gates is still kickin.

I had an IBM 5155,  Wish I hadn't pulled the thing apart.  Probably still worth nothing but one day it might have been.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

373b1ff88148c5739deeaec48bd6e8ce389401d2

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That's actually pretty neat.

Anyone know if there was a specific reason it was originally priced at $666.66? Seems like an odd number lol.

And you shall know him by his number, 666.66, the number of the Jobs.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

And you shall know him by his number, 666.66, the number of the Jobs.

Those devils.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch