Oculus VR CEO say Consumer version of Oculus Rift VR headset ready to arrive in ‘months’

Do you even rift bro?

Oculus_Rift.jpg

Oculus VR CEO Brendan Iribe said at a conference in Ireland today that the current developer model, code-named Crescent Bay, is "largely finalized for a consumer product."

“We don’t want it to be four or five years. We’re eager for this to happen.”

oculus-CEO-640x358.jpg

Brendan Iribe (Oculus CEO)

Iribe says the company has changed significantly since it was acquired by Facebook in March. Operating as an independent subsidiary, Oculus has grown from 75 people to over 200 employees and now operates a separate R&D division.

"We're all hungry for it to happen. We're getting very close. It's months, not years away, but many months."

Alright , Here's the kicker to this, When he said months , he meant technically, 23 months ,

By that it would qualify as "many months" but "not years." <_<  technically it's 2 years :/

The big challenge remains developing an effective input device. Iribe says keyboards, mice and gamepads aren’t up to the job and neither is gesture-control at this point

BN-CC727_0326ir_G_20140327105708.jpg

When on the interview where he was asked about the threat of rival VR products, Iribe said his main concern is choppy implementation of the VR technology

“We’re a little worried about bigger companies putting out products that aren’t ready. Disorientation and motion sickness is the elephant in the room. We’re encouraging big companies not to put out a product before it’s ready.”

So when asked that when would Oculus felt that it would be ready to launch to consumers? ibre responded 

“We’ve gone out there and set this bar,We want to get it right,We don’t want it to be four or five years. We’re eager for this to happen.”

pretty good news update imo, What do you think? Leave your comments rants & Thoughts down belowwwwwwww..

Bonus:

Any minute now...

pJEXy9l.gif

Head over to this link for bonus read..

http://thenextweb.com/facebook/2014/11/04/oculus-ceo-says-consumer-rift-vr-headset-close/

Details separate people.

I want the consumer version all ready!!!!

That and I want a GTX 970...

Once those two things have happened, skyrim will have all the immersion!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't care if my headtracking is off by a 100th of a millimeter, or if my display is 8K resolution, just give us the consumer version already! Rome wasn't built in one day right?

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

So basically we're stuck with DK2, possibly a DK3 for just under two years? At least it won't be too long, but it's still longer than most would want it to be.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

The Oculus Rift comes out commercially around the time I plan to have lots of money. I see what you did there God. :)

Now, when will the Omni be ready for consumers? I'll file that under "health" in my taxes. Day Z will make me a marathon runner if I play it for 3 hours a day. And I've been known to do it for much longer.

Edit: Wait, 2 years? No. I was thinking 4-8 months. Nevermind.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The Oculus Rift comes out commercially around the time I plan to have lots of money. I see what you did there God. :)

Now, when will the Omni be ready for consumers? I'll file that under "health" in my taxes. Day Z will make me a marathon runner if I play it for 3 hours a day. And I've been known to do it for much longer.

Edit: Wait, 2 years? No. I was thinking 4-8 months. Nevermind.

Lol you bastard hahaha

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Wtf! How the fuck can they take two more years when they already largely finalized it? I was expecting the it to be ready to preorder before Q2 2015. IIRC the original plan on kickstarter even said that they were planning to release the consumer version some time around early 2014.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Wtf! How the fuck can they take two more years when they already largely finalized it? I was expecting the it to be ready to preorder before Q2 2015. IIRC the original plan on kickstarter even said that they were planning to release the consumer version some time around early 2014.

While I share your irritation, I would prefer they do their best to put forth a quality product, which is what they seem to be doing.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Maaaan, u got me so excited when i read "months" in topic title. 1st thought was GTA V + Oculus Rift *drools*

Then u killed me with quote "many months"

Anywhere from 11 to 23 :'(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Maaaan, u got me so excited when i read "months" in topic title. 1st thought was GTA V + Oculus Rift *drools*

Then u killed me with quote "many months"

Anywhere from 11 to 23 :'(

evil-laugh-plankton.gif

Details separate people.

i tried the DK2 at pax aus and the 1080p screen is not up to snuff all be it it has greatly reduced the fly screen effect to a minimum, it is not a product that is ready for the market just yet. i expect a DK3 with a 1440p screen and some wireless display and audio would be nice so your not tired down to your pc.

Very sad to hear that this might take a bit longer, but honestly there's so many other things to do right now that you should put this on the backburner until it's officially official. Or just get the DK2 if you're that impatient.

Idk how you feel, but I think the hype is completely gone. I am not interested in these things anymore at all.

To be frank, you can only blame yourself on that one. You overhyped and overexcited yourself for this, it's the same thing that happens when video games come out, you overhype them and then they don't meet your imaginary expectations and you are disappointed in the product.

I'm excited for it, but I don't read too much into it, I don't look for release dates, and I don't overwhelm myself of the product. That way when it does release and I actually have it in my hands, I am excited for it and go into it without any expectations, so everything I experience is something new and fun.

Best of luck.

The Rift is neat but I don't think it's going to be a huge deal right away when they launch the consumer version. People think it's some amazing new tech but they mostly haven't used it yet. 

I don't know why I always imagined John Carmack was boss. Maybe because he is fucking John Carmack.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

this will go perfectly with GTA's new first person mode

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I hour it's good when they release it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I just read an article yesterday that invited the other larger manufactures to come by and experience what they are doing. They then asked to "Make it at least this good or better, just don't poison the well" So you have to give the props for telling others, much larger then them, to bring it.