Xbox One vs. PS4 Graphics. Which is better?

DefeatingShark

Hey guys. I've been looking at the Xbox one and PS4 for quiet a while and can't decide which one to get. I've seen youtubers get certain games such as AW(Advanced Warfare) and Destiny. Every YouTuber I know got Destiny on ps4 but got AW on Xbox one. Please help me decide.

PC

ps4

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I like the xbox one better. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

To be completely honest, they're almost the same. They bounce back and forth between who has the slight edge over the other. For example believe for Advanced Warfare, the PS4 is true 1920x1080, whereas the Xbox One is something like an upscaled 1330x1080.

The only major differing factors are UI, game selection, exclusives, controller layout, and which side of the fence more of your friends rest their heads.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PS4.

My PC Spec:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz, Motherboard: , Memory: 16gb , Storage: , Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM, Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC(x2), Case: Corsair C70 Green, Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G GOLD, Operating System: Windows 8.1, CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100, Optical Drive: LG Internal Super Multi Drive

PS4 is more powerful, but the difference in graphics is usually none or very small. You'll only see any difference with exclusive titles really. Just get which ever more of your friends have, or which is cheaper if you're not interested in multiplayer.

Oh god why did make this thread?! :(

ps4 usually has technically better but its pretty hard to tell the difference between the two people usually by one over the other due to exclusives or friends.

Hardware wise they are nearly identical, PS4 has much faster RAM, XB1 has slightly faster CPU/GPU and they are about even that being said I suggest neither of them... Even Sony and Microsoft admit they are underpowered and are working on an updated version

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

The Nintendo

-Mom

Well you do have to consider that pretty much all games on the wii u run at 1080p 60 fps

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

PC, consoles are for children.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

Hardware wise they are nearly identical, PS4 has much faster RAM, XB1 has slightly faster CPU/GPU and they are about even that being said I suggest neither of them... Even Sony and Microsoft admit they are underpowered and are working on an updated version

Ps4 has faster ram and GPU, XB1 has much more cache and a better CPU. Was really build with the cloud in mind.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Wii U & Gaming PC is best combo, Wii U for Smash Bros and PC for everything else.

If a Halo fan, Xbox One after price drop for Master Chief Collection and PC.

Ps4 has faster ram and GPU, XB1 has much more cache and a better CPU. Was really build with the cloud in mind.

yeah that's it, consoles aren't my specialty as you can tell xD but my point of the new versions of the consoles being made is still vaild news/rumors of it is everywhere... Linus and Luke even brought it up on the WANSHOW

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Hey guys. I've been looking at the Xbox one and PS4 for quiet a while and can't decide which one to get. I've seen youtubers get certain games such as AW(Advanced Warfare) and Destiny. Every YouTuber I know got Destiny on ps4 but got AW on Xbox one. Please help me decide.

PS4 has better graphics (power). Advanced Warfare runs at full-time 1080p 60FPS on the PS4, but not on the Xbox One

Xbox One has a GPU similar to the HD 7790 (R9 260X) whereas the PS4's GPU is similar to the HD 7870 (R9 270) 

"Rawr XD"

As already mentioned you should just wait for the refresh that both consoles appear to be having in the near future

PS4 is better/more powerful and has become the flagship for pretty much everything just like the 360 was the past generation. Look at exclusives and what you would like to play and decide on that. I personally hate the Xbox One but reaaaally need Halo so I might end up getting one.

But both companies are talking about doing off site co processing for the ai and a few more things so I'm kind of anxious to see how well they can get them to perform and to see the "ai lag" lol

PS4 has better graphics (power). Advanced Warfare runs at full-time 1080p 60FPS on the PS4, but not on the Xbox One

Xbox One has a GPU similar to the HD 7790 (R9 260X) whereas the PS4's GPU is similar to the HD 7870 (R9 270)

No. Neither console GPU is even as strong as a 7790. Amd compares them to a 5450.

PS4 has more horsepower than the Xbox One, so games should look better on the PS4 unless developers go the Ubisoft route and make the graphics on both systems equal to eachother to appease the Xbox fanboys.

PS4 is stronger but, to the console commoners there will not be a noticeable difference.

You want high detail computers are the only way to go.

FWIW, I own a Xbone simply because it's the superior console in my eyes due to the titles, user experience and kinnect sensor.

Graphics? The difference is minimal. Resolution and frame-rate? PS4 is much better.

PS4 is 1.84 TFLOPS. Xbox is 1.31. 

XB1 GPU has the right ram for CPU (low latency) and is clocked higher 1.75 GHZ vs 1.6GHZ. PS4 is opposite and has the right ram for the GPU.

They are closer to each other than they are to a 140 dollar GPU that is like 3 TFLOPS. Basically if you are going to buy one (and I don't know why you would over a PC, unless you are a kid playing with other kids, in which case it is understandable). Pick the one with the games you want.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr92803gbd5t2dheoc

Graphics? The difference is minimal. Resolution and frame-rate? PS4 is much better.

Depends on the game. A more CPU bound game the XB1 might have better framerates, and a lower or variable resolution. In a really cpu bound game they can end up the same because the GPU in the PS4 is bottlenecked by the CPU. In a single player game that isn't cpu bound like say Tomb Raider? PS4 would be quite a bit ahead visually. That game is basically a GPU benchmark. Uncharted should look pretty nice seeing it will be as low on CPU as Tomb Raider probably. I imagine they will go for 1080p 30 FPS to push the GPU as much as possible for visuals.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.