New Xbox One Hardware In The Works

MEC-777

I laugh at this ''GDDR5 is based on DDR3 memory'', and for the die strink part, they do that only to get more processors per waffle so more money per waffle, efficiency is just a secondary benifits of die shrink.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Here's an idea microshit, give it actual Gddr5 Vram instead of using system memory you fucking morons.

OR

Throw in an external PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot with a power cable and let people plug in a desktop graphics card, or play on the main cpu GIVE THEM CHOICE

I know, I know, will never happen, it would just confuse the living hell out of the peasants, but it would actually be doable I think.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

@

MEC-777

They can't change the memory to increase performance. As all the 1st gen xbox ones would not have this. People would be pissed. :( think about it 

SO PEOPLE WILL BE PISSED...

You know.. NVIDIA releases a new GPU every single year and same goes to AMD, to compete with the market, releasing new GPU RAMs and what not.. and people say NOTHING. When it comes to consoles, to tweak them and make them better IT'S NOT ALLOWED... WHAT THE FUCK?

You buy a bad hardware you are sure going to get a bad performance. They're doing it cuz it makes 100 percent SENSE.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I laugh at this ''GDDR5 is based on DDR3 memory'', and for the die strink part, they do that only to get more processors per waffle so more money per waffle, efficiency is just a secondary benifits of die shrink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDDR5

Like its predecessor, GDDR4, GDDR5 is based on DDR3 SDRAM memory which has double the data lines compared to DDR2 SDRAM ...

*cough* schooled

Unless you had a point to make besides laughing at a factually correct statement?

"Based on" != "same as"

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

SO PEOPLE WILL BE PISSED...

You know.. NVIDIA releases a new GPU every single year and same goes to AMD, to compete with the market, releasing new GPU RAMs and what not.. and people say NOTHING. When it comes to consoles, to tweak them and make them better IT'S NOT ALLOWED... WHAT THE FUCK?

You buy a bad hardware you are sure going to get a bad performance. They're doing it cuz it makes 100 percent SENSE.

Dude its called compatibility. That would be like if NVIDIA released a 980 Ti, and then suddenly game devs made games that would only run on that, and not your original 980, despite being branded as a "GAMES FOR 980 lulz!" compatible game.

If they want to upgrade performance, unfortunately they pretty much have to release a new console. I would be furious if I bought an original XBox One, and then they released an "upgraded" model, and then all new games were made for that and performed even worse on my original.

Consoles are entirely based off the notion that each console will perform the same, regardless of whether you buy it right away, or wait 2 years. They need to keep conformity of the user experience.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hilarious that both Sony and MS start releasing infos on a new slimmer better consoles only one year after launch.

It took MS 5 years to release a redesigned 360 and it was 3 years between the PS3 launch and redesign.

Fail.

Throw in an external PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot with a power cable and let people plug in a desktop graphics card, or play on the main cpu GIVE THEM CHOICE

I know, I know, will never happen, it would just confuse the living hell out of the peasants, but it would actually be doable I think.

That would be cool to see happen, but at that point, you might as well build a gaming PC. $400 for an xbone plus the card means a pretty decent pc

Dude its called compatibility. That would be like if NVIDIA released a 980 Ti, and then suddenly game devs made games that would only run on that, and not your original 980, despite being branded as a "GAMES FOR 980 lulz!" compatible game.

Don't give them any ideas...

Hilarious that both Sony and MS start releasing infos on a new slimmer better consoles only one year after launch.

It took MS 5 years to release a redesigned 360 and it was 3 years between the PS3 launch and redesign.

Fail.

post-385-0-21370700-1414764242.png

Ahem. 

MS might not have needed to redesign the exterior of the 360 so soon, but they were refining the internals all the same.

I know its modus operandi here to just shit on anything that has the word console in it, but some of you are seriously failing at looking at things in a reasonable manner and then making judgements.

I got my hopes up for more powerful hardware but  guess that will never happen.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

People don't seem to understand that there would be riots if slim versions performed better than 1.0 versions of consoles.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

So Carrizo will be on 28nm? Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.

yup, this was confirmed a little while back. You can find the block diagram and the specs on extrmetech and a few other places. The only thing up in the air is onboard HBM or if it will just bring equal-citizen scheduling, or if HBM will only go to the mobile platforms. Graphics power will not come from any core increase, but through architectural shifts to GCN 1.2 alone (meaning hybrid XFire with all current cards).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

People don't seem to understand that there would be riots if slim versions performed better than 1.0 versions of consoles.

I'd fully expect that as a PC gamer actually. Tech marches forward all the time. People should be willing to accept that.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

If they want to upgrade performance, unfortunately they pretty much have to release a new console. I would be furious if I bought an original XBox One, and then they released an "upgraded" model, and then all new games were made for that and performed even worse on my original.

Consoles are entirely based off the notion that each console will perform the same, regardless of whether you buy it right away, or wait 2 years. They need to keep conformity of the user experience.

So? The industry doesn't move forward unless we push standards forward. The GTX 760 or R9 280 should be a minimum for serious games coming out in 2015.

That would be cool to see happen, but at that point, you might as well build a gaming PC. $400 for an xbone plus the card means a pretty decent pc

Very true, but try explaining that to a console peasant who thinks the idea of having to set things up for themselves is witchcraft. Not to mention 99% of them would look at it and go "wtf is this weird looking slot?!". Oh, and then they'd have to know how to plug it in, and how to set their resolution and framerate and OH GOD *peasants head explodes*

So? The industry doesn't move forward unless we push standards forward. The GTX 760 or R9 280 should be a minimum for serious games coming out in 2015.

A big part of me wishes that was the standard, sadly microshit and sony would never allow it.

I'd fully expect that as a PC gamer actually. Tech marches forward all the time. People should be willing to accept that.

You and I as PC gamers would but the console consumer is very different.

Consoles changing performance specs would nullify the one advantage they have, the hardware uniformity. The studio wouldn't respond kindly to moving goalposts.

People buying consoles in the first year already take issue with the lack of price uniformity, take away the hardware uniformity and that market is in trouble.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Thank you, I don't know why people seem to think smaller chips automatically mean more power. 

And who thinks that? I was just wondering if they would also attempt to catch up to the PS4 which around 40-50% more powerful.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Sure, but console gaming is specifically centred around the more casual gamers. Yeah there are hardcore console gamers too, but there's millions on both sides.

Alienating your customer base, especially the early adopters, is a bad business plan. Progress pushes forward, certainly, and that's the benefit of PC gaming, but if they want to push consoles forward, they need to release a whole new console (XBox Two, if you will).

Fracturing their own customer base simply to increase performance a bit would be an absolutely ridiculous and pointless business move. Console games would get even worse, because devs would now have to deal with a fractured community. They would either need to develop two concurrent versions (or visual settings) of the game, for v1.0 and for v2.slim, or they would have to chose which version they target. Either way would mean less sales, more pissed customers, and more time spent making a game work in two versions when they should've spent that time just making the game better.

If they target v1.0, then anyone who bought the newer console would have wasted their money, with nothing taking advantage of the increased specs. If they targeted 2.slim, then anyone with a v1.0 console would be pissed because they wouldn't be getting the performance and smoothness they expect.

You and I as PC gamers would but the console consumer is very different.

Consoles changing performance specs would nullify the one advantage they have, the hardware uniformity. The studio wouldn't respond kindly to moving goalposts.

People buying consoles in the first year already take issue with the lack of price uniformity, take away the hardware uniformity and that market is in trouble.

Uniformity isn't an advantage, it's a handicap.

I doubt that it would be used in the games. I'm would think that the devs would just produce the same thing on the old and 'upcoming' version of the console, regardless of how much more powerful it is.

A big part of me wishes that was the standard, sadly microshit and sony would never allow it.

Who died and made them kings? Game studios have all the power to make those choices, and thank God most of them are independently owned.

All in all, I say good on MS for doing this and I REALLY hope they change up the memory to DDR4 so they can at least match the performance of the PS4.

The thing is, it's a console. Its specs are locked down. They can't make games that will use that DDR4 memory efficiently then because then they have to say on the box: "Only for the Xbone Slim edition".

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Sure, but console gaming is specifically centred around the more casual gamers. Yeah there are hardcore console gamers too, but there's millions on both sides.

Alienating your customer base, especially the early adopters, is a bad business plan. Progress pushes forward, certainly, and that's the benefit of PC gaming, but if they want to push consoles forward, they need to release a whole new console (XBox Two, if you will).

Fracturing their own customer base simply to increase performance a bit would be an absolutely ridiculous and pointless business move. Console games would get even worse, because devs would now have to deal with a fractured community. They would either need to develop two concurrent versions (or visual settings) of the game, for v1.0 and for v2.slim, or they would have to chose which version they target. Either way would mean less sales, more pissed customers, and more time spent making a game work in two versions when they should've spent that time just making the game better.

If they target v1.0, then anyone who bought the newer console would have wasted their money, with nothing taking advantage of the increased specs. If they targeted 2.slim, then anyone with a v1.0 console would be pissed because they wouldn't be getting the performance and smoothness they expect.

As long as console makers stay on x86, all they have to do is implement a check of the hardware to see which options/resolutions/framerates can be enabled. If they keep switching (Mips next?) then it's a problem.

Customers are like sheep. You have to REALLY screw up to alienate them. releasing a better version of a console 2 years later doesn't alienate anyone. They'll just upgrade as long as you provide an incentive ($250 credit on trade-in for instance).

Who died and made them kings? Game studios have all the power to make those choices, and thank God most of them are independently owned.

Um, have you not noticed that most games are dev'd for console, and the best we PC gamers seem to get is a shittily made, poorly optimized pc port?

I doubt that it would be used in the games. I'm would think that the devs would just produce the same thing on the old and 'upcoming' version of the console, regardless of how much more powerful it is.

What would be the point then? Yeah, the new console would get a bit more FPS, but unless the hardware revision was significant, I doubt you'd see more than 20% performance gain, at the upper most (And even that would still require a fairly decent upgrade).

And yeah, that'd be cool, but then what about all the v1.0 users? It'd be a big "FUCK YOU" to them. "SORRY YOU SUPPORTED US EARLY ON... SUCKERS! *Muahahaha*"

Does this mean 20nm APU's are coming to desktop?

AMD is starting to use 20nm node now. So their next R9 300 series is going to be 20nm.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!