CoD: AW - PC Min. Sys. Reqs. Revealed - 55gb of storage needed

OlekKing

I'm not the one getting so angry over a game series that I am supposedly supposed to hate so much. I am okay with saying how flawed the game has become and how little they've actually progressed. WaW, BO and BO2 had decent stories but that was it, AW seems to be the first one in a while where they care. 

COD isn't my cup of tea. It is for MANY people. Just a fact of life. COD is as relevant to perpetuating the gaming industry as any other game. 

Money first games? What, games are about making you feel warm and fuzzy? Games exist to make money first always. No self respecting company puts out a game to not make money. 

1 hate and anger go hand in had...you want people to get "warm and fuzzy" over something they hate?

2 there is a big diferance between making money from a game and money first approch....skyrim springs to mind

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

So same shitty game as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year... No wait, mw2 was the last good one

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

So same shitty game as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year... No wait, mw2 was the last good one

That's interesting. I've seen people say Black Ops was the last good one. I've seen people say MW2 was the last good one. I've seen people say WaW was the last good one. I've seen people say COD4 was the last good one... It seems to me which ever COD happens to be ~2 years old is the "last good one".

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

And their is that damn 6gb minimum -_-

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

That's interesting. I've seen people say Black Ops was the last good one. I've seen people say MW2 was the last good one. I've seen people say WaW was the last good one. I've seen people say COD4 was the last good one... It seems to me which ever COD happens to be ~2 years old is the "last good one".

People have different opinions

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Either they will be releasing new versions of consoles with 1-2tb hard drives that gamers have to buy for they're growing collection...Or the next generation of consoles are around the corner 0.o. Or game devs are slacking off and ruining the industry, Looking at you UBISOFT!!!!

The new XB1 bundle has a 1TB hard drive and I believe an upcoming PS4 refresh will give a 1TB hard drive as well.

Posted Image

Except Kevin Spacey's dead horse eyes lol!

Most of the characters during the CGI sequences look like they're made out of wax/plastic, there's some really awkward moments. Wouldn't say it's that amazing.

Also i'd prefer in-engine cutscenes. I still think that the CGI we've seen in the trailers won't be in the game.

Its a lot better than any other games in-game cgi

Steam does not have an option to have different games on different storage devices.

Yes it does.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I'm waiting for TB's say on this. With Samsung's 3.2 TB ssds coming to the market soon, will games like this even be an issue in the future?

Well there is always this sort of arms race between hard drive capacities and "Can I install all 300 of my games at once? :D :D"...

But I think if there's any issue to be had with enormous downloads such as 55GB, it's for people with restricted Internet speeds and/or bandwidth caps.  I pay out the ass for my Internet and that's 20% of my monthly bandwidth for one download.  Lots of folks I know only have 60GB/month caps, too.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

With 5tb hdd's being so cheap I don't see how this is a big deal. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236738&cm_re=5tb-_-22-236-738-_-Product

"Cheap" That hard drive almost costs as much as my graphics card.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

My Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GhZ (hopefully) and my 770 will handle it fine. Shame I can't be arsed to download 50GB of shite

So glad to be done with the shitfest that was called Ghosts. Infinity Ward really is the worst CoD developer.

at least this time they are honest about their "next gen engine" judging fro the minimum specs. It seems I can make it run on my microwave (or a smart TV)

Unless you have something of substance to say then stay quiet? Or do you want to be childish and throw round ad hominem?

In order for Steam games to function, they have to be in the SteamApps folder which is inside the Steam directory which means if i installed Steam on my SSD along with some games, there's no way for me to install a game outside of that, on my HDD.

Most if not many gamers buy SSDs for their OS and their main games, then use their HDD for general storage purpose and maybe some other games.

After a quick Google search, Steam has had the ability to install across multiple locations on multiple storage devices for MORE THAN 2 years now. 

Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/11/finally-an-in-built-way-to-choose-steam-install-locations/ written September 11, 2012.

Steam even asks where you want to save your game every time you install something from Steam.

For every new location you install a game from Steam, it just creates a new /steamapps/ folder in the directory.

Instead of being ignorant, please do some research before you claim to know what you are talking about.

Steam does not have an option to have different games on different storage devices.

That feature has been in Steam for a couple of years now.

I, like you, have an SSD, but unlike you i choose to store my games on my HDD. A few seconds of loading time does not make a difference.

3u6P86I.jpg

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Actually it does. When you're installing a game you can choose where you want to install the game.

At the same time there are programs like "Steam Mover" that help you with moving Steam games to other partitions.

7 people replied to me with the same bullshit about the Steam installation options, did you bother to look that i've been corrected two times and acknowledged it?

If you think me being wrong about something undermines my ability to say anything then please go ahead and piss off.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Did you just completely forget that many if not most of us use SSDs? And they're not cheap enough yet to get multiple 1Tb drives...

Apart from that, this kind of size wears down on the drives quickly...

Hey look at this, slick agrees with me. 1:26:00 around there. 

Hey look at this, slick agrees with me. 1:26:00 around there. 

Huh?

First of all why are you appealing to authority?

Secondly...he's talking about AC:U's system requirements there...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I'm more concerned for the minimum RAM than the storage space.

I'm sure they won't let you install it on anything lower than 6GBs of RAM.

I'm also sure it can run fine with 4GBs of RAM.

ehh...

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I'm more concerned for the minimum RAM than the storage space.

I'm sure they won't let you install it on anything lower than 6GBs of RAM.

I'm also sure it can run fine with 4GBs of RAM.

ehh...

Chances are that the game won't start up if you don't have 6GB