CoD: AW - PC Min. Sys. Reqs. Revealed - 55gb of storage needed

OlekKing

i was meant to go to EGX London but my studio fell back on are demo -.-

Oh that sucks :/ 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well for this I'd like bluray game disks.....

I don't quite think the quality of their game justifies such a huge size. BF3 with all DLC was like 60gb or so, but that is with huge maps and loads of high fidelity textures

Normally I'd hate on you for wanting physical included storage for a game but you're right; this is pretty disappointing.

As for the "recommended specs", expect mid-high end i5's/Phenom II X6 960T+s (or whatever) to be suggested, more ram and a $220+ graphics card as usual. I feel like Intel is really trying to milk games now that AMD has fallen off. 8GB RAM may be a thing when gaming but it's unbelievably unnecessary for a game like this. And luckily, the storage shouldn't be a huge issue for many because SSDs are in fact dropping below $40/128GB and HDDs, hybrid/Nanflash cache included) are very, very cheap for 1-2TB sizes.

The whole reason I'm posting is because this game sounds like they really just want more people to buy more powerful hardware to play. But I have something that'll put things into perspective for y'all worrying about the storage size:

60GB+ for a game from 2009. Outside of it's early beta, it's been around this size from what I know, so you can't argue with me about at least that.

AT94k9n.png

55GB~ file size in 2014 of any quality when vs a very poorly textured MMORPG (compared to current standards), among other things, is not an argument. At this point I expect more from games and you should too.. The only issue is that it's Call of Duty. If it were something else ("The Witcher 3 takes up 170GB!!!"), of course it'd be news worthy. Posting this type of 'news story' just shows how poor quality some sites are..

I hope people agree with some points but I'm mostly frustrated I guess. As always, feel free to correct or educate me on anything in my post.

In the end, it's all anti-console or anti-pc or anti-franchise/dev company bullshit. I'm so tired of it.

Edit: And it doesn't help that this happens every single time a console + pc/pc port/etc. title is announced. Posting here probably won't help much but please just ignore these types of articles. To somewhat specific individuals: People, how are you consuming that sort of content on a regular basis?

It's amusing that people can talk so much about a series that they supposedly hate.

We get it. COD is shit. To you. Moving on?

Some people do care. Cause some people, and I know this is shocking, just have fun with the game.

Fucking eh, who'd a thunk it. The elitism here is outstanding.

Besides the 6GB memory and 55gb storage, the specs look fairly reasonable. As other people have said, we can get a decent amount of storage pretty cheap on PC. I would be more upset on Console. 

Those GPU requirements... Looks like it's castrated on AMD again. Yay Gameworks. :/

Why people say things like "What's the excuse this time?" Uncompressed audio is better quality and does take up more space. That is an indisputable fact, not an excuse. The bitrate + length of an audio file is exactly representative of how much space it will take up. If you calculate the bitrate (kilobits per second) and multiply it by the length of the audio file (in seconds) you will get the file size.

Let's test the math and see if things add up.

For example lets say we have a sound file. The sound file is 5 minutes long. (Pretend like background music at the main menu of a game or soundtrack during a campaign level)

5 minutes = 300 seconds.

If the bitrate were 128 kbps then 128 kbps * 300 seconds = 38 400 kilobits = 4.7 Megabytes.

If the bitrate were 1184 kbps then 1184 * 300 seconds = 355 200 kilobits = 43.3 Megabytes

For reference 1184 kpbs is I believe the highest bitrate possible in FLAC, although it may be higher and 128 kpbs is the typical bitrate of MP3 files on iTunes, Spotify, etc.

PC is supposed to be all about pushing the limits so it really boggles my mind that people would come in and whine about how much space a game is going to take up.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

"uncompressed cutscenes to make things as realistic as possible"

Yet another absurd excuse, the cutscenes are rendered real-time in-engine.

Battlefield 4 without any of the DLC packs is under 30Gb and the cutscenes in that game look absolutely astounding, leaps and bounds ahead of what Advanced Warfare has to offer.

I disagree. But I'm saying this based off of not playing AW and watching videos.

Speculation: The absurd file sizes are a deterrent for piracy... The files that are actually needed and used by the game amount only to 22GB at least...

That never deters piracy.

People find ways to compress videos...etc. and get the size down.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Why is every company started going with uncompressed audio/video? Is decompression that hard for the consoles? Can they not do their 900p/30 fps and decompression at the same time or do they have to go to 480p/24 fps?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I disagree. But I'm saying this based off of not playing AW and watching videos.

Are you talking about the CGI cutscenes or the in-game rendered cutscenes? 

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Are you talking about the CGI cutscenes or the in-game rendered cutscenes?

The CGI

The CGI

Lol i'm not talking about those and i think they were only made for the trailers.

But if they're seriously making us waste 20Gb+ because of some CGI video fuckery then all i can say is wow!

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Why people say things like "What's the excuse this time?" Uncompressed audio is better quality and does take up more space. That is an indisputable fact, not an excuse. The bitrate + length of an audio file is exactly representative of how much space it will take up. If you calculate the bitrate (kilobits per second) and multiply it by the length of the audio file (in seconds) you will get the file size.

Let's test the math and see if things add up.

For example lets say we have a sound file. The sound file is 5 minutes long. (Pretend like background music at the main menu of a game or soundtrack during a campaign level)

5 minutes = 300 seconds.

If the bitrate were 128 kbps then 128 kbps * 300 seconds = 38 400 kilobits = 4.7 Megabytes.

If the bitrate were 1184 kbps then 1184 * 300 seconds = 355 200 kilobits = 43.3 Megabytes

For reference 1184 kpbs is I believe the highest bitrate possible in FLAC, although it may be higher and 128 kpbs is the typical bitrate of MP3 files on iTunes, Spotify, etc.

PC is supposed to be all about pushing the limits so it really boggles my mind that people would come in and whine about how much space a game is going to take up.

And the majority of people has audio equipment/headphones to enjoy that high bitrate or even notice the difference? Most gamers use those shitty "gaming headsets", won't make a difference to them.

I mean i have pretty good equipment at the moment, refer to my sig, but even i don't have the craziest most high end setup, there's diminishing returns after a certain point.

320kbps would already be quite good for a game like this, CoD isn't even known for it's amazing audio design lol! So far this game seems to have the same mediocre audio design that the previous ones have had.

EDIT: The excuse for AW was uncompressed cutscenes, not audio, that was just an example from Titanfall which did it to put less constraint on the consoles or some BS like that.

Lol i'm not talking about those and i think they were only made for the trailers.

But if they're seriously making us waste 20Gb+ because of some CGI video fuckery then all i can say is wow!

Its pretty damn good CGI

and still the 6GBs of ram thing? i mean, i have 16, but still!

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Its pretty damn good CGI

hqdefault.jpg

Except Kevin Spacey's dead horse eyes lol!

Most of the characters during the CGI sequences look like they're made out of wax/plastic, there's some really awkward moments. Wouldn't say it's that amazing.

Also i'd prefer in-engine cutscenes. I still think that the CGI we've seen in the trailers won't be in the game.

I doubt anyone has the time to upload/seed a 40ish GB torrent...

Saying that clearly shows that you don't understand the people who pirate software and media.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Min requirements are so pointless, there is a huge difference between being able to barely run the game making it unplayable and being able to run the game at 60fps.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

If the game looks like arse, this is a failure on whoever job it was to optimize stuff for storage.

and still the 6GBs of ram thing? i mean, i have 16, but still!

Laptop gamers who mag not have a higher end laptop may only have 6gb of ram

It's amusing that people can talk so much about a series that they supposedly hate.

We get it. COD is shit. To you. Moving on?

Some people do care. Cause some people, and I know this is shocking, just have fun with the game.

Fucking eh, who'd a thunk it. The elitism here is outstanding.

first off COD is the poster boy for shitty ports and shoddy money first games.......yearly release has destroyed it and now its  like fifa or madden....

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

first off COD is the poster boy for shitty ports and shoddy money first games.......yearly release has destroyed it and now its  like fifa or madden.....

it amuses me how much bitching you do in general not to mention the out right hypocrisy in some of your posts talking about people moving on, not slagging off the game and not being elitists while not moving on, slagging off the people who slag off the game and acting elitest in the process. ther peoples opinions and if they wish too share them its up to them.....move on

I'm not the one getting so angry over a game series that I am supposedly supposed to hate so much. I am okay with saying how flawed the game has become and how little they've actually progressed. WaW, BO and BO2 had decent stories but that was it, AW seems to be the first one in a while where they care. 

COD isn't my cup of tea. It is for MANY people. Just a fact of life. COD is as relevant to perpetuating the gaming industry as any other game. 

Money first games? What, games are about making you feel warm and fuzzy? Games exist to make money first always. No self respecting company puts out a game to not make money. 

No self respecting company puts out a game to not make money.

Except for Duke Nukem Forever...

I can't believe that people are still complaining about the size. It's 2014 for crying out loud. Both consoles have bluray and are powerful enough to handle high res stuff so there is no reason for developers to compress things.

Either get with the times or move back to 2004.