CoD: AW - PC Min. Sys. Reqs. Revealed - 55gb of storage needed

OlekKing

I can send you an invitation to a private tracker i'm in right now, for educational purposes only, if you're interested PM me an e-mail you use.

Most people don't buy an SSD for OS only, are you joking? If that was the case then we'd only see 64Gb drives being sold everywhere.

I got an SSD to benefit from a fast OS but also to get fast loading times, in some games like ArmA, an SSD makes a huge difference because of the gigantic map and the way it's loaded as you play.

Steam does not have an option to have different games on different storage devices.

Thanks but no thanks :P unless theres horses then maybe

As for the second bit, i recently got a 256GB ssd to replace my 120gb 840 in preperation of gtav and some other games

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

536.5MB/55GB downloaded

EST Remaining: 15 weeks, 3 days

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Thanks but no thanks :P unless theres horses then maybe

As for the second bit, i recently got a 256GB ssd to replace my 120gb 840 in preperation of gtav and some other games

Well...i guess you could find horses.

I have a 256Gb EVO (only 236Gb is actually usable) and i never had a lack of free space for games, but it becomes absurd when games like this one are 50+Gb for no good reason.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I can send you an invitation to a private tracker i'm in right now, for educational purposes only, if you're interested PM me an e-mail you use.

Most people don't buy an SSD for OS only, are you joking? If that was the case then we'd only see 64Gb drives being sold everywhere.

I got an SSD to benefit from a fast OS but also to get fast loading times, in some games like ArmA, an SSD makes a huge difference because of the gigantic map and the way it's loaded as you play.

Steam does not have an option to have different games on different storage devices.

Lol wut, are you a newb? Both of those questions can be answered with a yes. 

Most people don't buy an SSD for OS only

Most? More like some, and I do agree. But I would love a 250GB SSD as a OS and a 1TB SSD for storage.

And here you're wrong. You can set this up by going to Steam in the top left, then Settings, then go to the Downloads tab and then at the top there is "Steam Library Folders" where you can have pretty much an unlimited number of libraries of games on different drives, and when you first install a game it will ask which drive you want to install it on.

Lol wut, are you a newb? Both of those questions can be answered with a yes. 

Unless you have something of substance to say then stay quiet? Or do you want to be childish and throw round ad hominem?

In order for Steam games to function, they have to be in the SteamApps folder which is inside the Steam directory which means if i installed Steam on my SSD along with some games, there's no way for me to install a game outside of that, on my HDD.

Most if not many gamers buy SSDs for their OS and their main games, then use their HDD for general storage purpose and maybe some other games.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Haha SSDs still have a hefty price premium in my country. I could probably get 2 1tb wd10ezex drives and put em in raid0 for the cost of a 64gb ssd. I know mechanical can't beat ssd, but hell capacity is more important to me, and with the 'ready' feature in BF4 it basically killed the need of an SSD.

Unless you have something of substance to say then stay quiet? Or do you want to be childish and throw round ad hominem?

In order for Steam games to function, they have to be in the SteamApps folder which is inside the Steam directory which means if i installed Steam on my SSD along with some games, there's no way for me to install a game outside of that, on my HDD.

Most if not many gamers buy SSDs for their OS and their main games, then use their HDD for general storage purpose and maybe some other games.

Hur dur I think it's funny that you don't know basic steam settings and are trying to talk down to me. It's beautiful. Most people do not put games on their SSD's because it's too small. According to you most people put everything on an SSD. Then again, according to you there's no way to install games anywhere else. Lol. 

Most? More like some, and I do agree. But I would love a 250GB SSD as a OS and a 1TB SSD for storage.

And here you're wrong. You can set this up by going to Steam in the top left, then Settings, then go to the Downloads tab and then at the top there is "Steam Library Folders" where you can have pretty much an unlimited number of libraries of games on different drives, and when you first install a game it will ask which drive you want to install it on.

Well thank you for correcting me then, when was this feature added? I've never seen/used it nor seen anyone mention or talk about it.

That 50gb can easily be cut down by pirates to make their version more appealing to the average user. 

yeah i was about to say that

even on pirated ps3 games there are cut down versions

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Hur dur I think it's funny that you don't know basic steam settings and are trying to talk down to me. It's beautiful. Most people do not put games on their SSD's because it's too small. According to you most people put everything on an SSD. Then again, according to you there's no way to install games anywhere else. Lol. 

Excuse me? You're the one who began acting with a condescending attitude towards me for absolutely no reason.

I've been using Steam for years and i've never seen seen that feature nor heard of anyone else mention/use it since i never needed it up until now. And i don't really go around looking at all of the settings for fun.

I would still be reluctant to use my HDD for some games as i like the extremely fast loads on my SSD. Like i've aforementioned, some games run better on an SSD as it gets rid of stutters and hiccups when loading/streaming assets or the map.

Well thank you for correcting me then, when was this feature added? I've never seen/used it nor seen anyone mention or talk about it.

Possibly a month or two ago, maybe further? I'm not exactly sure, but it was a bit back. I've used it for troubleshooting in the past, but overall it works quite well.

Possibly a month or two ago, maybe further? I'm not exactly sure, but it was a bit back. I've used it for troubleshooting in the past, but overall it works quite well.

Well, then i'm not surprised that i haven't heard of it. Thanks either way.

No way in hell that game takes up 55 gigs. I see maybe 25.

People still care about and play COD? Mind blown.

I do, I want a good one to come out again.

It's a shitty series anyway. Not bothered by it tbh.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

steam has had this feature for ages... 2012 from the looks of it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Excuse me? You're the one who began acting with a condescending attitude towards me for absolutely no reason.

I've been using Steam for years and i've never seen seen that feature nor heard of anyone else mention/use it since i never needed it up until now. And i don't really go around looking at all of the settings for fun.

I would still be reluctant to use my HDD for some games as i like the extremely fast loads on my SSD. Like i've aforementioned, some games run better on an SSD as it gets rid of stutters and hiccups when loading/streaming assets or the map.

You see the option literally every single time you install a game. The load time difference isn't that much in games btw. Once the HDD is up to speed you won't see much of a difference. The big difference is in waiting for the drive to spin up which it only has to do when initially loading the game, unless you have already accessed it before. 

Lol wut? People, if you don't know, don't make a post. It's that simple. Steam has had this option for YEARS

You see the option literally every single time you install a game. The load time difference isn't that much in games btw. Once the HDD is up to speed you won't see much of a difference. The big difference is in waiting for the drive to spin up which it only has to do when initially loading the game, unless you have already accessed it before. 

I have never looked at it diligently, i just click next-next and install the game as fast as possible.

It's just recently that i'm seeing this trend of some games having absurd sizes for no good reason so that's why i brought up this storage discussion.

Damn! i thought 46 gigs was huge enough for one game for a console, now 10 more gigs for PC? this better have some freaking special effects on em, file size & dlc's are like a dick measuring contest these days.. :/

Details separate people.

I have never looked at it diligently, i just click next-next and install the game as fast as possible.

It's just recently that i'm seeing this trend of some games having absurd sizes for no good reason so that's why i brought up this storage discussion.

You're the guy that installs software by clicking next as fast as possible and then wonders why you have 7+ task bars in IE I bet. 

Speculation: The absurd file sizes are a deterrent for piracy... The files that are actually needed and used by the game amount only to 22GB at least...

groups like black box will strip that down quickly and hit and runners just dont care

How? If that was so, it would be a deterrent from buying the game legally.

*cough* online only DRM *cough*

Did you just completely forget that many if not most of us use SSDs? And they're not cheap enough yet to get multiple 1Tb drives...

Apart from that, this kind of size wears down on the drives quickly...

what? most people go small ssd large hd 

what? why,.  that doesnt make any sense at all

what? there is a difference but its not huge.  given that games like that are optimised for HDD not SSDs

what? yes it does i do it

so because you have never seen it it must not exist? dude stop talking yo have NO idea what your talking about

WHAT? dont tell people not to comment if they dont know what there talking about then come out with this load of shit......the HDD is already upto speed the drive only stops when its inactive for an extended period of time......ssds are just faster and by a mile

Edited by jaggysnake57

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

You're the guy that installs software by clicking next as fast as possible and then wonders why you have 7+ task bars in IE I bet. 

You were saying i talked down on you yet you're still going on with crap like this?

I'm very careful with keeping my system clean from adware and other unneeded crap and when installing new/unknown software.

I also remove IE from Windows every time i perform a new installation.

groups like black box will strip that down quickly and hit and runners just dont care

*cough* online only DRM *cough*

what? most people go small ssd large hd 

what? why,.  that doesnt make any sense at all

what? there is a difference but its not huge.  given that games like that are optimised for HDD not SSDs

what? yes it does i do it

so because you have never seen it it must not exist? dude stop talking yo have NO idea what your talking about 

I should shut up because i was wrong about something and embraced the correction with open arms? Did you bother reading any of the recent posts?

I should shut up because i was wrong about something and embraced the correction with open arms? Did you bother reading any of the recent posts?

you should shut up because your acting like you know what you are talking about when really you dont have a clue

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017