Anita Sarkeesian Is Back In The News! [IDC]

Jerakl

Well, oh boy.

Would you look at that. Just look at it.

I read the story yes, it's from Kotaku yes. 

This is over the top. WAY OVER THE TOP. Mainly in what the student threatened to do.

I'm so done with people. All of them. Especially people who actually listen to her and take it to heart. My views are expressed below.

gh0k6zkffxzwgjnvaraw.png

The letter, reportedly sent by a Utah State University student this morning, threatened to commit "the deadliest school shooting in American history" if Sarkeesian continues with tomorrow's event, during which she will speak on misogyny and harassment in video game culture.

I hope I've made myself clear on my stance on this. I condone what the student did and I don't think that people like that represent the gaming community well (obvs). However, I don't like Anita Sarkeesian either. I'll just leave this here.

So very sorry if this is a repost. I checked before I posted but it's possible it was posted while I typed this up.

Very sorry, I forgot the source.

http://kotaku.com/terror-threat-targets-anita-sarkeesian-for-speaking-at-1646371245?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm surprised it's still not clear to her, that people would rather she just shut her mouth.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I just wish this never had happened. *pinches arm*
Nope, still here. :/

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Where's  the source?

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

wait so what happened?
Why?

Can someone please explain?

Wait so she wants more female characters in games?

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

death threats?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Where's  the source?

Fixed

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I think you meant you don't condone what the student did.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

wait so what happened?

Why?

Watch her videos. It's pretty self explanatory why people hate here. Also, reading up on Gamergate would help. These vids will also help point out her stupidity.

http://youtu.be/YCExXie1XB4

http://gamergate.giz.moe/about/

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

wait so what happened?

Why?

Wait so she wants more female characters in games?

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

death threats?

They wants cooties in the vidya gaems howz awful...

They wants cooties in the vidya gaems howz awful...

You mean like Lara Croft in Tomb Raider?

Or Crysis with the prophetina? 

my gahd ^

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Watch her videos. It's pretty self explanatory why people hate here. Also, reading up on Gamergate would help. These vids will also help point out her stupidity.

http://gamergate.giz.moe/about/

sorry, im still confused...

(cant watch videos now)

my gahd ^

Or Liara T'Soni, or Elizabeth/Anna Dewitt or Sophia Lamb. It's the end of gaming as we know it.

Or Liara T'Soni, or Elizabeth/Anna Dewitt or Sophia Lamb. It's the end of gaming as we know it.

woah, how did I not know about this?

im still confused about what Gamergate is and all that stuff

sorry, im still confused...

(cant watch videos now)

It'd take too long to type about it all. Watch some vids when you got the time mate.

Well Gamergate kind of stopped being interesting when it transpired that it was completely fabricated by the game dev's creepy, jealous ex.

Which is kind of shame because buying positive reviews, with sex or (more commonly) boring old money is pretty wrong and something really ought to happen about it. But the "omg what a slut" side of the argument overshadowed the "this is corrupt and wrong" side. So whatever.

my gahd ^

Or Bastila in KOTOR. Funny how they aren't arguing for fat guys as avatars, and average looking or unattractive male superheroes. I think the last fat guy avatar/playable character I played was Hoagie in Day of the Tentacle. SWTOR you could make a fat jedi (and I totally made one, and not because I am fat). Also don't see these people blasting Frozen and Disney for using attractive "princesses". Then again Frozen teaches girls that all men are bad and pigs and you don't need them, so I guess that makes it ok. Pretty sure that cartoons and kids movies and girls children toys have a lot more to do with unrealistic expectations as far as looks and low self esteem than freakin video games.

But anyways, I hope they enjoy their crusade against video games lol. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Or Bastila in KOTOR. Funny how they aren't arguing for fat guys as avatars, and average looking or unattractive male superheroes. I think the last fat guy avatar/playable character I played was Hoagie in Day of the Tentacle. SWTOR you could make a fat jedi (and I totally made one, and not because I am fat). Also don't see these people blasting Frozen and Disney for using attractive "princesses". Then again Frozen teaches girls that all men are bad and pigs and you don't need them, so I guess that makes it ok. Pretty sure that cartoons and kids movies and girls children toys have a lot more to do with unrealistic expectations as far as looks and low self esteem than freakin video games.

Actually I know quite a few feminist types who *are* calling for fat protagonists, male or female, to be a thing, or at least to be able to make them in games with char-gens.

*sigh*

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Well Gamergate kind of stopped being interesting when it transpired that it was completely fabricated by the game dev's creepy, jealous ex.

Which is kind of shame because buying positive reviews, with sex or (more commonly) boring old money is pretty wrong and something really ought to happen about it. But the "omg what a slut" side of the argument overshadowed the "this is corrupt and wrong" side. So whatever.

You got a source that Quinn's ex-boyfriend fabricated everything? Because Kotaku published an article about how she did in fact have a relationship with Nathan Grayson(verified by him), but that they didn't believe there was a conflict of interest.

But that's actually pretty irrelevant, because to most people, GG isn't even about her. Like you mentioned, the broader issue of ethical issues in gaming journalism is more important than one woman's sex life, and the majority of GG discussions you see recently reflect that. Most people want to leave Zoe Quinn out of it. (Of course, she's managed to leverage the whole situation into $3.2k a month from Patreon, so she's been trying desperately to stay in the spotlight.)

To be on topic(and not directed at the ppl I quoted), yes, death threats like this are disgusting, and I hope whoever posted that gets caught (mostly because I'm curious whether he's a genuine psychopath or somebody trying to throw up a false flag). Either way, he should be locked up. I just think it's a pity that the only fallout from this we'll see is "GamerGate supporters are misogynistic terrorists!". Would one think that all Muslims are violent because a particularly hostile minority is in the Middle East setting off bombs? No? Then is it really fair to think all GamerGate supporters are terrible people because a handful of idiots on the internet like to post anonymous death threats?

You got a source that Quinn's ex-boyfriend fabricated everything? Because Kotaku published an article about how she did in fact have a relationship with Nathan Grayson(verified by him), but that they didn't believe there was a conflict of interest.

IIRC they found out that Nathan Grayson didn't have anything to do with actual review of her "game."

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

IIRC they found out that Nathan Grayson didn't have anything to do with actual review of her "game."

Yup. I think most people were aware of that, they were just unhappy with how a journalist was in a relationship with his subject, even if the article he wrote involving her game wasn't a review.

Personally, I don't really care about Quinn and Grayson at all, my opinions about GG are mostly about my distaste for websites (particularly gaming ones) and their apparent willingness to jump to old gamer stereotypes, saying gamers are dead, and interpreting any criticism of a feminist individual as misogynistic.

I'm a bit lost here. Please tell me if I understand just whats going on.

1. Gamers notice pattern in journalism that points to unethical journalism practices that favor female indie devs
2. Gamers raise questions.
3. Journalist attack gamers, accusing them of sexism and what ever to divert from questions.
4. Whole thing gets blown out of proportion, questions are not answered, and feminist/manipulator Anita gets threatened.
5. More publicity. Things get more out of hand.
6. Questions like "Are games sexist" get raised
7. More publicity, Anita gets another threat.
6. Present time.

I just skimmed through some things, so I'm not sure if I fully grasp the current situation.