Call of Duty Advanced Warfare at 46Gb download size for Xbox One

It's pretty much all the cutscenes. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It better be a dev that realize that the only way to make things look "nextgen" on such crappy hardware is to take full advantage of the 8gigs of ram, and just ship it with insanely high res textures! And hopefully uncompressed audio aswell!

And hopefully that trend leaks to PC.

I never get why console games often have soooooo many cutscence though, most of them are no more demanding than they could easily just be rendered in-engine, it makes no sense.

Ooo external harddrive another reason for me to buy a Xbox one... :D and yea I am serious.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Call Of Dewty : Advanced Doritios

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

the new COD:MW  looks amazing.....leaps and bounds better than BF4.  I can't wait for the master race version.

Say. Madda. Fahkin'. Wat.

EDIT: Also, this:

giphy.gif

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

To the guys that dont understand the real reason behind this i will tell you the truth, its a way or gathering a bit more performance, if less decoding is done via less compression then that can be pushed to more performance, call of duty sticks by the 60fps rule so i have the feeling that they didnt have a choice manly with the xbone.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The Advanced Fish AI, is about 10gb only.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

it is for the ultra hd console peasant textures :P

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Idk, Halo: The Master Chief Collection is almost entirely why I own an Xbox.

I would buy an XBone for that, maybe. But I already have a 360. So Iunno. Holding out for Halo Master Chief Collection on PC.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Most console peasants are probably still on dial-up anyway, fibre optic might sound too complicated to them. 

It's going to take a year to download.

Nah peasants still use disks to install games. 

Somehow NBA 2K14 was 7GB and 2K15 is 37GB.... wtf?! I only have a 120GB SSD....

Or you could stop putting your games on your SSD. The performance increase in most games is negiable and only counts during the loading screens.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

I recall that you couldn't swap the HDD on the Xbone at launch while you could at PS4. Is this still the case?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy"

So Vaas told me to post deliver this message on this forum.He says that Activision need to stop recycling the garbage.

Most console peasants are probably still on dial-up anyway, fibre optic might sound too complicated to them. 

It's going to take a year to download.

That is quite an ignorant remark. I am on 550kbytes/s down, the simple reason is that higher speeds are simply not available in my area. And in many other areas of other countries higher speeds are not available or simply too expensive.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

More bullshit excuses about uncompressed audio/textures...i don't have a 1TB SSD yet so this is kind of a problem. Nothing justifies 50GB for a game like this. BF4 without DLC is half of that and it's more complex in pretty much every way.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

What are they putting into that disk?. Hell even WoW  with all  expansions and updates takes up only 32Gb  on my harddrive and that has far more content then Cock of Duty

Came to say the same thing. When I first got WoW, I thought this games 10 years old how can be 25gb. There's just an insane amount in it.

Cod has like 20 guns and 12 maps and takes up 3 times the space.

Bet you 100% it's a marketing sham to the fanboys, and they purposely didn't compress anything.

"Call of Doody takes up that much space?? It must be the best Cawadoody ever!"

The sad part is that they'll try to pull the same crap on the PC port: "It requires 16gb of ram!" Then you find out the thing never breaks past 5 or 6gb of ram anyway and that you could have been fine with 8gb like all other games.

I mean seriously people, remember that this is still a modified version of Carmack's Quake 3 Engine, it just doesn't needs that much space or horsepower, they're just uncompressing textures hoping they get a placebo effect of "it's so heavy it must look so good!" yet the stupid thing is not going to be on 1080p anyway: Who gives a shit about massive textures if you're still on 720p

-------

Current Rig

-------

That is quite an ignorant remark. I am on 550kbytes/s down, the simple reason is that higher speeds are simply not available in my area. And in many other areas of other countries higher speeds are not available or simply too expensive.

Don't worry - I understand - I'm still on ADSL here in Australia, I'm just saying that if it was avaipable they wouldn't bother upgrading to it.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I said it as soon as it was announced and I'll say it again, 500GB HDDs is not enough for a gaming console if you plan on installing games on it. Put a 1TB drive in it. Having to get external hard drives is just a workaround for a stupid design decision. At least on the PS 4 you can change the HDD.

To the guys that dont understand the real reason behind this i will tell you the truth, its a way or gathering a bit more performance, if less decoding is done via less compression then that can be pushed to more performance, call of duty sticks by the 60fps rule so i have the feeling that they didnt have a choice manly with the xbone.

But if the cutscenes are just video files then they won't save that much by having less compressed. There is dedicated logic in the GPU for video decoding. That's why even my Raspberry Pi can play 1080p video without issues (assuming it is in a format it can hardware accelerate the decoding for).

I think this is partially due to bloat and partially due to them wanting it to be big. The bigger it is the better people might think it is. I would not be surprised if they could bring it down to maybe 20GB if they compressed stuff better (you can make files pretty small while still retaining 95%+ of the quality) and tried to optimize it more.

I said it as soon as it was announced and I'll say it again, 500GB HDDs is not enough for a gaming console if you plan on installing games on it. Put a 1TB drive in it. Having to get external hard drives is just a workaround for a stupid design decision. At least on the PS 4 you can change the HDD.

But if the cutscenes are just video files then they won't save that much by having less compressed. There is dedicated logic in the GPU for video decoding. That's why even my Raspberry Pi can play 1080p video without issues (assuming it is in a format it can hardware accelerate the decoding for).

I think this is partially due to bloat and partially due to them wanting it to be big. The bigger it is the better people might think it is. I would not be surprised if they could bring it down to maybe 20GB if they compressed stuff better (you can make files pretty small while still retaining 95%+ of the quality) and tried to optimize it more.

well there is also the shit that people complain about the loading times on console, mainly due them using a 5400rpm hdd as default(can change on ps4). They will uncompress as much as possible, also a lot of games add dlc which can be up to like 20 gb in the case of medal of honour(which got cancelled)

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Call of duty sucks, the only thing that was ever fun was the campaign of world at war, and nazi zombies. Everything else has been, and will continue to be piss. It's a game by peasants, for peasants.

#battlefieldmasterrace (even though I'm currently pissed at battlefield for being shitty as well lol)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs