Why do I type words wrong so frequently?

ManOfDisguise

I have a problem where when I type a LOT of the times I type the letters in the words in the wrong order(for example "ot" instead of "to") and this happens sooo much. I do hate my blues but I make this mistake on all keyboards.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I agree with Swaylor. You probably need to slow down so you can make sure you're typing the letters in the right order.

That is just typing too quickly for yourself. I do the same. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Practice buddy, practice.. keep correcting yourself & you'll get better at it.

Details separate people.

Yeah, as has been said, slow your typing down to a point where you can type without mistakes, then build up from there. Slowly increase your speed until you start making mistakes again, and stay at that point in speed of typing.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I ahve no diea waht yuo mean.

I actually do that all of the time, but ti's the Alienware laptop I use. The keyboard is terrible to use, and I type much faster don't make these mistakes on my other laptops or full keyboards.

^See?

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I ahve no diea waht yuo mean.

I actually do that all of the time, but ti's the Alienware laptop I use. The keyboard is terrible to use, and I type much faster don't make these mistakes on my other laptops or full keyboards.

nto ta all

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

undeveloped muscle memory, basically you haven't learned the order to type before increasing your speed. It's just like guitar and drums etc.  Google muscle memory.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

undeveloped muscle memory, basically you haven't learned the order to type before increasing your speed. It's just like guitar and drums etc.  Google muscle memory.

I type twice as fast on a different keyboard and make almost no mistakes. Sometimes typing setup has a lot to do with it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Aids.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I type twice as fast on a different keyboard and make almost no mistakes. Sometimes typing setup has a lot to do with it. 

exactly.   If you change keyboards you change the distance the keys are, the distance they need to be pushed to activate etc, Changing keyboards for typist can be like changing the gauge of strings on a guitar for a musician.  All this is part of muscle memory. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

exactly.   If you change keyboards you change the distance the keys are, the distance they need to be pushed to activate etc, Changing keyboards for typist can be like changing the gauge of strings on a guitar for a musician.  All this is part of muscle memory. 

I've been using this keyboard for a year and still can't type worth a shit on it. it's a piece of junk. Meanwhile I can pick up most other laptops and type great within an hour. Meanwhile my dell latitude, despite being 14 inches, is one of my favorite laptop keyboards of all time, yet they made this piece of shit alienware keyboard. I don't even understand...

muh specs 

All parts black

I've been using this keyboard for a year and still can't type worth a shit on it. it's a piece of junk. Meanwhile I can pick up most other laptops and type great within an hour. 

You'll probably find that the laptops distance of travel is similar across most models or that you have less trouble with notably smaller keyboards (netbooks etc),  I too have a keyboard here that I cant type on for shit, but I find most laptops and smaller generic keyboards fine. 

Ever since I got my new keyboard I have been hitting the " ; " instead of " ' ". this is because my keyboard is slightly bigger than the others and my finger doesn't automatically travel (muscle memory) far enough to hit the ' key.

EDIT: muscle memory is like a habit, you train a response from your body, you may never get used to the new keyboard becasue you still use laptop keyboards,  it'd be like trying to quite smoking while still have the occasional.

You'll probably find that the laptops distance of travel is similar across most models or that you have less trouble with notably smaller keyboards (netbooks etc),  I too have a keyboard here that I cant type on for shit, but I find most laptops and smaller generic keyboards fine. 

Ever since I got my new keyboard I have been hitting the " ; " instead of " ' ". this is because my keyboard is slightly bigger than the others and my finger doesn't automatically travel (muscle memory) far enough to hit the ' key.

EDIT: muscle memory is like a habit, you train a response from your body, you may never get used to the new keyboard becasue you still use laptop keyboards,  it'd be like trying to quite smoking while still have the occasional.

I know what muscle memory is. I also know what a soft, flexible keyboard that's likely to register the wrong keystroke on a laptop that almost 2 inches thick and cocks my wrists up feels like. 

I use multiple computers every day. I can master a decent keyboard in about a day, get used to it in an hour. Not this one. 

Even the cheapo laptop keyboards from HP ype better than this. 

Oddly enough it's ok for gaming simply because it's very large for a laptop keyboard. But ooooh pretty lights I guess....fuckin alienware. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I always type teh instead pf the and amd instead of and

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I won't lie to you disguise.  You have a terrible disease known as butterfingers.

Some say there is a cure, they are all liars.  This is something you will live with your entire life.  If you ever get approved to be a surgeon, a single intended incision will result in a weedwacker effect on their chest area, so don't do that.  But do not despair, there is still a future for you.  Get one of those crazy person straight jackets and do voice over work, have them fasten you to a damped wall so the ridiculous oscillations of your out of control butterfingers don't wreak havoc.  All is not lost.  I hoped this helped.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I won't lie to you disguise.  You have a terrible disease known as butterfingers.

Some say there is a cure, they are all liars.  This is something you will live with your entire life.  If you ever get approved to be a surgeon, a single intended incision will result in a weedwacker effect on their chest area, so don't do that.  But do not despair, there is still a future for you.  Get one of those crazy person straight jackets and do voice over work, have them fasten you to a damped wall so the ridiculous oscillations of your out of control butterfingers don't wreak havoc.  All is not lost.  I hoped this helped.

Is shitpost all you do?

muh specs 

All parts black

Learn where the keys are at and mistakes like this happen a lot less.

I have a problem where when I type a LOT of the times I type the letters in the words in the wrong order(for example "ot" instead of "to") and this happens sooo much. I do hate my blues but I make this mistake on all keyboards.

This happens a lot to me some of you might of noticed

Try MX Greens if typos

I do punch the keyboard. 

Hell I can hit 90 wpm on a mac keyboard, but since it's full size, my hands assume it's not a laptop keyboard and I punch it so hard my fingertips turn purple. 

I actually like browns the best but I don't own a mech keyboard of my own as of yet. 

muh specs 

All parts black