how well will these games run on my setup?

so i built a cheap gaming pc based around a Z87 asus sabertooth lga 1150 motherboard, with 32 gigs of 1600mhz ram an rx 480 4gig and an i5 4690K. got most of the parts for this build either free or cheap. will be using an old 2008 sanyo 720p lcd tv via hdmi for my monitor how well at say high settings 60+fps do you thing this rig will run doom eternal and stray? i know it will have no issues with doom 2016 im just curious how well it will run doom eternal and stray

I played both Doom 2016 and Eternal on an RX 480 with an i5 3570K.

Both games ran well enough at 1200p. There was a noticeable delay when new stuff needed to be loaded (e.g. animation of monster breaking through a wall) but otherwise it was very playable.

Haven't played Stray, so no idea about that one.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I played stray on a i7 4790 and it worked perfectly fine. There was some small stuttering, but I think I was pushing my GPU more than my CPU.

At 720p you should be able to play almost anything but modern AAA games at 60fps+

Yeah should be runable, maybe some graphics might need lowering to like mid, maybe not, you'll see.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

@adm0n im debating if i should go for an i5 4690k which i can overclock or a non overclocking i7 4790 i know 8 threads is better since its an i7 but you cant overclock

7 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@adm0n im debating if i should go for an i5 4690k which i can overclock or a non overclocking i7 4790 i know 8 threads is better since its an i7 but you cant overclock

Both valid options. I don't know how much the additional threads will actually help you. So if you have good cooling, you can go with the i5 or even a i7 4770k, but if I remember correctly, they had some issue with the IHS interface, so you might want to delid that one)

1 hour ago, dreamcast4599 said:

so i built a cheap gaming pc based around a Z87 asus sabertooth lga 1150 motherboard, with 32 gigs of 1600mhz ram an rx 480 4gig and an i5 4690K. got most of the parts for this build either free or cheap. will be using an old 2008 sanyo 720p lcd tv via hdmi for my monitor how well at say high settings 60+fps do you thing this rig will run doom eternal and stray? i know it will have no issues with doom 2016 im just curious how well it will run doom eternal and stray

If it played Doom, it will definitely run Doom Eternal. Stray should be alright at 720p although i'm not too certain about all high settings running at 60fps. IMO the only significant factor would be whether you're on an ssd/hdd. An ssd + oc would probably be the best solution for your config.

37 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

i have the regular 4790 which is ok i guess but i think if you oc your i5 you should get better performance or at least catch up in some titles.

@okkee i think the 4690k is the way to go sinc ei can get it cheap thanks 

In my opinion good it will run