Time Warner Approves Comcast Merger

Spideybro

Im not from the US, but even I can see this causing major trouble for the US and possibly else where since others may follow suite. I really hope the FCC won't approve this monopoly. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Im not from the US, but even I can see this causing major trouble for the US and possibly else where since others may follow suite. I really hope the FCC won't approve this monopoly. 

Since the head of the FCC is  former lobbyist for the cable companies . . . . . .

well, obviously time warner aproved it. We all knew that would happen. The only way it wont happen is if the fcc steps in which i really hope will happen.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

.... Fuck

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

And time warner will actually get shittier....didn't think it was possible.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

well, obviously time warner aproved it. We all knew that would happen. The only way it wont happen is if the fcc steps in which i really hope will happen.

Lol life is always filled with disappointments

Good bye unlimited data cap, hello 300GB or whatever Comcast cock slapped their customers with.

From the OP's article 

"Comcast has a website dedicated to the merger, which claims that this deal will make life better for more people." 

Hey can you DDOS guys get on this? Stop bringing down my game servers and attack these a-holes. 

When you actually go to their stupid website read the small print at the bottom.

Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements 

Certain statements in this communication regarding the proposed acquisition of Time Warner Cable by Comcast and the proposed transaction between Comcast and Charter, including any statements regarding the expected timetable for completing the transactions, benefits and synergies of the transactions, future opportunities for the respective companies and products, and any other statements regarding Comcast’s, Time Warner Cable’s and Charter’s future expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, financial conditions, assumptions or future events or performance that are not historical facts are "forward-looking" statements made within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.  These statements are often, but not always, made through the use of words or phrases such as "may", "believe," "anticipate," "could", "should," "intend," "plan," "will," "expect(s)," "estimate(s)," "project(s)," "forecast(s)", "positioned," "strategy," "outlook" and similar expressions. All such forward-looking statements involve estimates and assumptions that are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results expressed in the statements.

Translation? Everything on that page is BULLSHIT. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

it's news item like this that make me so grateful I live in Australia.   majority of us get at least 3 options for internet, more if we consider wireless.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

it's news item like this that make me so grateful I live in Australia.   majority of us get at least 3 options for internet, more if we consider wireless.

Well everyone in the US has 3 or more options as well.

1) Get Time Warner/Comcast.

2) Have no Internet at all.

3) Move to a different country.

I don't get why people complain about the lack of options when they got plenty!

/Sarcasm

So it looks like things could go south pretty quick. Apparently 99% of shareholders approved the merger, so all that stands in the way of this deal is the FCC.

Read the original article below:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/comcast-merger-stockholders-time-warner-cable,27867.html

Yeah I don't think we can say that the FCC stands in the way of any ISP with a straight face anymore.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It won't happen. 

Why??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Before u know it comcast will merge with the white house lol j.k god I hope not

Why??

Because the government won't let it happen. This happens all the time with cell phone companies.

Because the government won't let it happen. This happens all the time with cell phone companies.

the only reason I can think of that would cause the government to stop this and to act on net neutrality in general would be because the internet is the backbone of future trade, the whole economy of the US (and most countries for that matter) rely on good access to the net,  If they allow a company to monopolize that, they risk hamstringing their economy to the point where it could implode.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

the only reason I can think of that would cause the government to stop this and to act on net neutrality in general would be because the internet is the backbone of future trade, the whole economy of the US (and most countries for that matter) rely on good access to the net,  If they allow a company to monopolize that, they risk hamstringing their economy to the point where it could implode.

That makes a lot of sense. However, the government never does anything that makes sense......now does it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But what about Tom wheeler and the recent events.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Don't forget Ruper Murdoch offered them more than double what Comcast did to take them into his group.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd