Windows 95 Running on Android Wear

So someone managed to get Windows 95 running on a smartwatch, because why not!

What do you guys think of this, cool or just plain useless?

An intrepid 16-year-old web developer hacked his Android Wear to run Windows 95. Ah, to be young and very good at undertaking whimsical hacking projects.

Corbin Davenport, who was just a twinkle in our eyes when Windows 95 debuted, figured out a way to pull up the vintage smart screen on his Android Wear using emulator software called aDosBox. The tiny start menu is adorable, though completely useless.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/5/6910791/least-useful-hack-ever-puts-windows-95-on-your-smartwatch

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

It's useless, but neat to see.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

wait what, how?

So you can also emulate a x86 architecture on arm? Or am I missing something?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Boots about as fast as my PC from the time used to... 25X speed increase included. :lol:  

Mystery is the source of all true science.

thats very cool. good for him. Now he needs to fire up some mine sweeper and get gaming.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

bluetooth mouse and keyboard and you're good to go!

I wanna play some SimCity 2000 on this thing!

o wait..., does Windows 95 even support bluetooth?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

iYOXpB3.gif

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I was really excited first but it seems like he just got it working through a DOS emulator.

It's cool and all, but it would have been far more impressive if it used a compatibility layer instead.

I saw someone doing it with XP.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I didn't know Dosbox could run Windows 95.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This is incredible! I am looking forward to jailbreaking the new iWatch soon.

wait what, how?

So you can also emulate a x86 architecture on arm? Or am I missing something?

you have been able to do so for awhile. The reason this guy used windows 95 is because emulating x86 on arm is so inefficient, it is the only os that can even remotely be run on arm. Its hard enough to make a vm, but making a cpu act like another cpu is very demanding

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

you have been able to do so for awhile. The reason this guy used windows 95 is because emulating x86 on arm is so inefficient, it is the only os that can even remotely be run on arm. Its hard enough to make a vm, but making a cpu act like another cpu is very demanding

I didn't know that. I have run an Android emulator for a while on my x86 desktop and that did cost a lot cpu power. I didnt know you could do it the other way around as well.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

when can i play games on my washing machine?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I didn't know that. I have run an Android emulator for a while on my x86 desktop and that did cost a lot cpu power. I didnt know you could do it the other way around as well.

The android emulator on your desktop is just a vm for android x86. It isn't emulating arm. Android has an x86 version of it. If you are interested, google android qemu and bosch. those are the emulators for android

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Sure you can run anything with the right emulator and as long as it's old emulated software didn't need powerful hardware to begin with.

This really isn't news, other than "that's neat"

I was really excited first but it seems like he just got it working through a DOS emulator.

It's cool and all, but it would have been far more impressive if it used a compatibility layer instead.

How many working/successful BILs have been created? I know only of Rosetta...though that's typical of me.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

How many working/successful BILs have been created? I know only of Rosetta...though that's typical of me.

I wasn't really thinking of something as advanced of binary translation. I was more thinking along the lines of Wine.

If you want a great example of a binary translator then look no further than the Dolphin emulator. It does PowerPC to x86 translation.

My first PC was running Win 95 haha. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

Can it run crysis?

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

It does PowerPC to x86 translation.

Precisely what Rosetta does...

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

But can it play CrysisStarCraft?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...