Gearbox Software hit with bomb threats

Dietrichw

Source

gearbox-software-borderlands-3-xbox-one.

The head developer at Gearbox software Randy Pitchford tweeted out the events of last night, a bomb threat at the company offices. After a few hours and thorough searches by the police and bomb disposal units from Plano, Texas, they got the all-clear. Pitchford says that he did not call in a report of the bomb threat and staff told Polygon that Gearbox shares its offices with other businesses. Gearbox is known for the Borderlands series of games if you didn't notice the image above.

2eb0bd040c1eb211b23c838056a69be9.png     539607044cb8ba092c85fddaf2824d7c.png

2dd6d861fe62c127d6a0125480165897.png

Those people sending bomb threats should go die in a hole.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I wish they'd stop giving idiots phones...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So swatting is out and calling the bomb squad is in now?

It was essentially the same thing from the beginning, just slightly more escalated.

So swatting is out and calling the bomb squad is in now?

Except that the bomb squad don't rush in to a house and arrest the owners at gun-point.

It was essentially the same thing from the beginning, just slightly more escalated.

Except that the bomb squad don't rush in to a house and arrest the owners at gun-point.

It's still very inconveinient and traumatizing though... Can't law enforcement trace back the caller and prosecute for false alarms? (I have no idea of the laws surrounding this)

It's still very inconveinient and traumatizing though... Can't law enforcement trace back the caller and prosecute for false alarms? (I have no idea of the laws surrounding this)

Yeah, they should be able to get the location of the call fairly quickly. And put out a warrant for the phone number's information of who owns it. All they need to do with that little bit of information is to start scaring information out of a couple of douches.

At least it's not humiliating when you're thrown to the floor and held down at assault rifle point :P You can't treat any call as false in emergency response, but most places fine you for a false call. Hell, even here if an automatic building fire alarm goes off in a false alarm, the fire brigade charge you $2500 a truck, and at least two always show up.

Lol ISIS targeting a video game dev perhaps? Unlikely.

Probably just some 12 year old girls with nothing better to do (a pair did that to the walmart in the town I used to live in)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"Gearbox is known for the Borderlands series of games if you didn't notice the image above."

And ruining Duke Nukem and Colonial Marines 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

And ruining Duke Nukem and Colonial Marines 

3DRealms ruined Duke Nukem. DNF was nearly complete when Gearbox bought it and former 3D Realms folks finished it. 2K wanted the game done and out the door so they could wash their hands of it and stop spending money on it so there was no chance of it being reworked.

Lol ISIS targeting a video game dev perhaps? Unlikely.

Probably just some 12 year old girls with nothing better to do (a pair did that to the walmart in the town I used to live in)

Your jokes are stupid very stupid.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

They could have almost stopped the release of The Pre-Sequel and I would have been happy. 

UhpEbtN.gif

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Your jokes are stupid very stupid.

Um, how so? Who else would it be other than some bored/angry teenager? I guess maybe it could be a disgruntled employee, but beyond that I can't see who else would do it. Also welcome to my ignore list troll.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Um, how so? Who else would it be other than some bored/angry teenager? I guess maybe it could be a disgruntled employee, but beyond that I can't see who else would do it. Also welcome to my ignore list troll.

Yeah because mentioning a terrorist group every time you can is funny a really funny joke, I don't care if you but me on your ignore list every time you do it I will quote and I will tell it's stupid a very stupid joke.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Pretty damn sad how some damn idiots just want to disrupt the lives of normal people.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

3DRealms ruined Duke Nukem. DNF was nearly complete when Gearbox bought it and former 3D Realms folks finished it. 2K wanted the game done and out the door so they could wash their hands of it and stop spending money on it so there was no chance of it being reworked.

But they still ruined Colonial Marines :(

comforting to see their local PD is well equipped/trained for the situation. well run police departments don't get enough appreciation these days

Those people sending bomb threats should go die in a hole.

along with the swatting people./ 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

False threats are always lame. Can't say I'm very sympathetic about the matter, either. Due to following #GamerGate for awhile, I've marked Gearbox on my shitlist. Try to guess why:

http://gamergate.giz.moe/tag/anthony-burch/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/261640/discussions/0/613935404142736903/

https://storify.com/DataSnake/anthony-burch-on-gamergate

a5658b47fab80f015608c537aa17d487.png

6u5N4Ra.jpg

xOYKNNL.jpg

Bw0389dCYAAgflU.jpg

Bw0UVkPCEAAInuj.png

Anon-breaks-down-anthony-burch.png

rGqDt7f.png

tumblr_nbgl6ppmIp1sa8j4io1_500.png

2b7612e713f1120f3fb54fac51472149.png

And many more blunders easily found online...

If you really care for games and your fellow gamers, you wouldn't give Gearbox studios the time of day with your business. When you post stupid things online, you're representing your brand still. If Slick were to spew BS all over social media, it'd make Linus look bad by association. Someone THIS "mature" repping a company is embarrassing.