Apple's new marketing tactic

1. I'm pretty sure this isn't news, you just noticed it and wanted to mock it.

2. They don't refer to them as gaming machines. They're trying to show their new models are better than their previous ones.

3. They mention it's for their proprietary store games. aka games made specifically for apple computers.

It isn't news. It isn't even a press release.

It's just another "can we shit on Apple for some new reason" thread.

My CPU reached around 100 back when I owned a MBP, unless that was a terrible temp monitoring software. I barely could find any anyways.

Everything aside, I'd prefer mac over a PC anyday if it wasn't for gaming

The Tmax of most Intel CPU's is about 80-90 degrees. The Tmax for the latest Nvidia cards is 80C. Above that and it will just stop to prevent damaging itself. And before it hits that max it will throttle its clockspeeds down so far that you will get very poor preformance, so your frame rate and gaming experience won't be too good. I don't care about general usage, I'm sure Macs do have their advantages, but gaming on an iMac simply doesn't seem too good of an idea if you have the space for a desktop pc anyways. (and again, I'm not talkign about gaming on the go, a MacBook Air, if it would have a larger amount of games, could be a nice option for gaming on the go)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Steam is supported on OSX as are lots of games; and a lot of the non-supported games wouldn't run particularly well anyway. 

Did not know that, still, for less money you can build a windows PC and get better performance (I think, never built a hackintosh)

It isn't news. It isn't even a press release.

It's just another "can we shit on Apple for some new reason" thread.

And? If you don't like it, don't post in it and make it a more active thread? OP was simply stating an observation and commenting on it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Steam is supported on OSX as are lots of games. A lot of the non-supported games wouldn't run particularly well anyway.

post-67838-14122700312216_thumb.jpg

Admittedly I haven't bought a lot off Steam in a while, but that's my Mac gaming library as it stands on Steam.

Hardly lack lustre. Especially if you play a few games like CS and TF2. For some people that's what they latch onto on any platform.

Lol did anyone even click on the links

I did, trying to ignore the rest of your bullshit.

The only reason I am calling this "news" is because they recently updated those product pages. >_>

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

And? If you don't like it, don't post in it and make it a more active thread? OP was simply stating an observation and commenting on it.

Then place that observation in General Discussion or Off Topic, not in Tech News

Admittedly I haven't bought a lot off Steam in a while, but that's my Mac gaming library as it stands on Steam.

Hardly lack lustre. Especially if you play a few games like CS and TF2. For some people that's what they latch onto on any platform.

That is actually quite impressive, more then I would have thought to be honest. Although I don't see many AAA big games having Mac releases yet though. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412270006.553118.jpg

Mac, or hackintosh? I think what some people are saying is that because of the thermal issues with macs because of the form factor, that it's not as good of performance. Also, how do you game with one mouse button? just curious on that.

Then place that observation in General Discussion or Off Topic, not in Tech News

fair enough.

Edit: Damnit, you got Kotor....I don't even have that on my steam library (yet)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Mac, or hackintosh? I think what some people are saying is that because of the thermal issues with macs because of the form factor, that it's not as good of performance. Also, how do you game with one mouse button? just curious on that.

fair enough.

You buy a mouse with 2 buttons

I did, trying to ignore the rest of your bullshit.

apple fanboys

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

fair enough.

MacBook Pro.

Honestly? The thermals are far better now than they used to. But things still get toasty. Not sure how things compare to a Windows based laptop, I'd wager similar to the Blade 14, perhaps a bit worse.

I always use a mouse. I don't know how people game on trackpads at all. Never leave home without the trusty G700.

apple fanboys

anti apple fanboys....

Fanboys in general....

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

apple fanboys

Nothing to do with that, your post lacked so much information and also utter bullshit. One of the comments here described perfectly how I felt about this topic. Steam not being advertised, well OBVIOUSLY not, neither does anyone else advertise steam. Macs aren't mentioning/saying that they are a competition to high end PC's in terms of gaming, they are indeed saying that they are a bit more enhanced on the graphical side compared to the older ones. Also, if you're making a news post, you don't mock them. You just state facts. which you didn't do.

I'm not an apple fanboy, since I own a PC myself and argue with my dad all the time about macs, but this was just complete bullshit

I'm sorry if this turned out to be more of a rant than news, I just mentioned this because I seriously couldn't believe that they changed the product pages trying to act like macs were gaming machines.

Did not know that, still, for less money you can build a windows PC and get better performance (I think, never built a hackintosh)

Oh, I don't disagree. A mac isn't really a smart choice if your sole intention is gaming. But as a laptop Macs are quite good and, I personally wouldn't go near a non-Apple laptop (Lenovo too).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm sorry if this turned out to be more of a rant than news, I just mentioned this because I seriously couldn't believe that they changed the product pages trying to act like macs were gaming machines.

Again, read what it actually says. 

And with all the games available on the Mac App Store, you’ll have no trouble finding something to play.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Are you really this stubborn? They didn't say that. They were advertising their new iMacs, which offer a bit more graphical performance than the older ones. Jesus christ

Nothing to do with that, your post lacked so much information and also utter bullshit. One of the comments here described perfectly how I felt about this topic. Steam not being advertised, well OBVIOUSLY not, neither does anyone else advertise steam. Macs aren't mentioning/saying that they are a competition to high end PC's in terms of gaming, they are indeed saying that they are a bit more enhanced on the graphical side compared to the older ones. Also, if you're making a news post, you don't mock them. You just state facts. which you didn't do.

I'm not an apple fanboy, since I own a PC myself and argue with my dad all the time about macs, but this was just complete bullshit

then why ate they toting around performance numbers on games like Borderlands 2 and Portal (both steam games) on their product page?

then why ate they toting around performance numbers on games like Borderlands 2 and Portal (both steam games) on their product page?

To compare the newer models to the other ones. Just stop, this topic was nothing but a rant section from you which actually made 0 sense

I guess these are the threads you were referring to. Point taken.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

"Melt it"  :rolleyes:

@JEman99 ; so did i. Atleast post detailed info such as on what resolution when making those assumptions

1600 by 900

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

1600 by 900

Alright, I still gamed fine when I owned a mac, after all nobody buys a mac just for the sole purpose of gaming

Alright, I still gamed fine when I owned a mac, after all nobody buys a mac just for the sole purpose of gaming

yea 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi