Apple's new marketing tactic

Alright, I still gamed fine when I owned a mac, after all nobody buys a mac just for the sole purpose of gaming

or so you think. I know quite a few people that macs just so they could game on it lol

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

or so you think. I know quite a few people that macs just so they could game on it lol

Well yeah there are still a lot of tech illiterate people out there. So did I thought, but I had no choice since my dad bought my mac and never let me buy a PC but that was because he always had trouble with his PC at work and loves how his mac works just fine at home

Apple was once a legit gaming platform, If you didn't know, the first HALO game was reveiled on a Mac at an Apple Keynote.

Apple does have some good game on their App Store; Amnesia series, Tomb Raider, RAGE, Metal Gear, Bioshock series, Metro LL, Cod 1/2/4/Black Ops, Knights of the old Republic.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

The App Store is lackluster compared to Steam for sure.

And for the record, my Mac never thermal throttles while playing games. Usually sits at 82c CPU and 80c for the GPU under load.

Sure you shouldn't buy a Mac for gaming. The fact is though that if you buy a Mac and want to game on it, it really isn't that bad. 

While the selection of games is far lower than Windows, there are still plenty. 111 of my 190 games run on OS X. I've been playing a lot of F1 2013, CS:GO, Borderlands 2, and Divinity Original Sin currently. All run just fine, if a bit worse than they would in Windows. CS:GO has no issues at 2560x1440 and the rest are fine at medium settings and 720p. Obviously a modern 750m will do far better than a 6770m from a few years ago too. If you're one of the people that thinks a 750m is super low end and require a 770 or 7970 to enjoy your games, then yeah, it might not be enough.

Also, my Logitech G400s works just fine in Mac OS. The fact that some here still think that Macs only support one button (which hasn't been the case since the early 90's) is hilarious. And on the go, most games are just fine with the Magic Mouse. Not ideal certainly but not awful. It does support right click although not simultaneous. The gestures are nice though. I wont deny mouse acceleration in OS X is obnoxious. Luckily SmoothMouse exists and you can have it disabled system wide. An extra step in setting up the system initially but not particularly bothersome.

What games do they even have?

The Bioshock series, the COD eries, Civilization, all of Valve's games, Starcraft II, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Borderlands...I think my point has been made.

you can play cod 4 at minimum details at 40fps  lol

I play it with the Iris in my 13" at 2560*1600 on Medium and get 60FPS.

Doubt I can open their app store to look through since I'm on windows.

It's online you know...

So..... nothing major, most likely nothing in my steam library? (which is small mind you)

Likely most titles in your Steam library. The number is growing everyday.

The only reason I am calling this "news" is because they recently updated those product pages. >_>

What defines recent for you? June?

I'm sorry if this turned out to be more of a rant than news, I just mentioned this because I seriously couldn't believe that they changed the product pages trying to act like macs were gaming machines.

They're not. They just realized that gaming is becoming more popular as a whole in society so they point out that yes, you can game on a Mac, and yes, there are a lot of games for the Mac.

then why ate they toting around performance numbers on games like Borderlands 2 and Portal (both steam games) on their product page?

To show that their products don't suck at performance? What's your point here? Would you rather have them say they're good for gaming and NOT post benchmarks? Then you'd say the marketing was BS and not supported by evidence.

It's a no-win situation for Apple here. No matter what they do you'll find a way to shit on it.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Of course they will do it. Games are a very important factor when it comes to a platforms acceptance. How many people do you know that have a Windows PC rather than a Linux PC because of gaming?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

A Mac Pro would be a good portable WoW machine LOL. At leased the display will make the game look great.

you can play cod 4 at minimum details at 40fps  lol

Well, pulling things out of your ass isn't gonna help... My MacBook Pro plays CoD 4 on max settings at native res (2560x1600) capped at 60FPS... Not like that means much as that game is like 6 years old.

EDIT: Fact is that this thread has been created for the sole purpose of shitstorm against Apple as @Builder pointed out...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Well, pulling things out of your ass isn't gonna help... My MacBook Pro plays CoD 4 at native res (2560x1600) capped at 60FPS... Not like that means much as that game is like 6 years old.

well either your lying or thats not at 2560 by 1600 becuase the max that apple lets you go to is 1600 by 1050 unless you mod the os whit switch res x which i did so yea stfu 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

well either your lying or thats not at 2560 by 1600 becuase the max that apple lets you go to is 1600 by 1050 unless you mod the os whit switch res x which i did so yea stfu 

No, I won't because what you're saying is not true... Macs are not gaming machines at all. But that is no reason to just hate on them per definition. You are plain wrong. Yes, for SOME games, this requires additional software tweaking, not in this case. Even if you would use some solution to let games run at higher res, it would have to render them at that resolution, which basically negates your point from before.

post-78536-0-47693900-1412359498.jpg

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

No, I won't because what you're saying is not true... Macs are not gaming machines at all. But that is no reason to just hate on them per definition. You are plain wrong. Yes, for SOME games, this requires additional software tweaking, not in this case. Even if you would use some solution to let games run at higher res, it would have to render them at that resolution, which basically negates your point from before.

attachicon.gifIMG_0114.JPG

are you sure 60fp  because the most i can get with those setting is like 20-30

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

are you sure 60fp  because the most i can get with those setting is like 20-30

Well what are your specs? During gameplay I never really did a proper benchmark run, just periodically looking at the frame rate. So the average was probably not 60 in the end, but higher than 20-30...

EDIT: That said, I'm not sure if I had the setting on max when I tried that since they never say "ultra" or "max", just "normal"...

yea i have the haswell version

Lol apple gaming. Now you can play....something

What games do they even have? solitare?

Over a 1000 on steam alone.

I play almost everything in OS X that I can, and only boot to windows for the odd game. Usually review copies that don't have mac versions yet.

I play everything in my native 3440x1440 if it supports the resolution.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q