Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

@TheGingerKid you can change the taskbar color the same way you could in windows 7 and 8, right click the desktop-> personalize and choose the color that you want.

i did , but it wouldn't change at all , everything else does like the windows for ie , ect. only with my personal themes tho

edit ; realised i hadn't updated windows 10 for a long time and the update solved my problem , thx :P

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

When I attempt to setup Oracle VM VirtualBox I only get the option of 32 bit OSes even though I'm on Win 8.1 64 bit. Any ideas?

Edited: Was able to select 64 bit with a previous version.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Anyone else having issues with Windows Update in windows 10? About how you can't seems to be able to choose which update/drivers to install or not...

Because now my tablet doesn't boot anymore (blue screen/"something went wrong" on startup) and forced to Reset to factory default, again, for the third time because of that one Intel graphic driver that microsoft think I need and force it down my throat. I tried a system restore and startup repair, but apparently, a microsoft account isn't considering an "administrator" account on the OS itself, so I can't do SH*T on that side.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Anyone else having issues with Windows Update in windows 10? About how you can't seems to be able to choose which update/drivers to install or not...

Because now my tablet doesn't boot anymore (blue screen/"something went wrong" on startup) and forced to Reset to factory default, again, for the third time because of that one Intel graphic driver that microsoft think I need and force it down my throat. I tried a system restore and startup repair, but apparently, a microsoft account isn't considering an "administrator" account on the OS itself, so I can't do SH*T on that side.

Does the Tablet have any HDMI out or similar things? See if it's showing anything on the video out insead of the onboard screen. Also, for future troubleshooting, maybe use a startup sound so you know if it's booting, even if you can't see it.

Does the Tablet have any HDMI out or similar things? See if it's showing anything on the video out insead of the onboard screen. Also, for future troubleshooting, maybe use a startup sound so you know if it's booting, even if you can't see it.

It is booting, I see the screen just fine. But then a blue screen shows up saying there's kernel error or something. So using an external monitor wouldn't exactly work, it'd just show the blue screen too.

Thankfully after rebooting twice with the blue screen, it ask me if I want to fix it and thus can Reset windows to factory default (lose everything though), so there's that. But the bad windows/driver update is still there so I basically can't update... Will wait until the next build I guess. Hopefully they fix windows update.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It is booting, I see the screen just fine. But then a blue screen shows up saying there's kernel error or something. So using an external monitor wouldn't exactly work, it'd just show the blue screen too.

Thankfully after rebooting twice with the blue screen, it ask me if I want to fix it and thus can Reset windows to factory default (lose everything though), so there's that. But the bad windows/driver update is still there so I basically can't update... Will wait until the next build I guess. Hopefully they fix windows update.

Must suck when your only recourse is deleting everything.

Indeed it is... I was hoping to simply do a system restore to before the update, but nope, need an administrator account on the device for that and the microsoft accounts does not count as such, has to be a "local" account. Microsoft didn't think that one through... It even says that I should log in to windows and create a local account with admin privilege to access system restore... but I can't log in to windows which is why I need to access system restore... God damn it microsoft. Whatever happened to automatically creating the Administrator account...

So, this is supposedly a leak from build ~10020:

A new task manager based will be a universal XAML application:

1424506856_1346896594.png

B96F038CEAAfXcr.png

Source: https://twitter.com/bdsams/status/567037748725698560

This may or may not be a true leak, but it looks interesting nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure this was shown before the official release of Windows 8 as well. Obviously it never came into fruition.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

OK guys how do you enable SLI in Win 10?

Same way you did in previous versions of Windows.

Be sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

A look at Cortana integration in Spartan. Proving to be more useful than Chrome's Right Click -> Search Google.

For people that had problems with Windows drivers installed via WU (For APU, I have the 8670D) and had problems with video playback and stuff, just install the ones offered in the AMD site and everything will be back to normal.

okay so which do i choose? win7 64bit setup for the drivers or? i tried to install world of tanks but it says not enough disk space.

install the ones offered in the AMD site and everything will be back to normal.

Which ones? Normal? Beta? Omega?

Which ones? Normal? Beta? Omega?

omega version 14.11 windows 8.1 , it worked for me 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Any of those works as long as you are not using the ones provided from WU, those are bugged and they will keep trying to reinstall so be aware of that.

Currently running windows 10 as my main OS on my main PC. I have windows 7 with most my stuff on another drive though, and I am building a new PC by Saturday which I will install a fresh copy of windows 7 on. 

Current PC build:

=== CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 (Anniversary Edition)  === Motherboard: Asus H81m-PLUS  === RAM: 8gb DDR3 === GPU: GTX 460 (Considering the RX 480) === Case: Corsair SPEC-01 === Storage: 2x 160gb 7200rpm HDD and 1x 500gb 7200rpm HDD === PSU: EVGA 500w === Cooling: Intel Stock Cooling ===

I've built this little test PC running a 660 intel i5 and 8gb of ram out of recycled parts ,  just to have a little fun pushing the limits of its hardware and windows 10.

To be 100% honest , I think Microsoft did very well on 10. They haven't truly had a break through OS since Windows XP. Though 10, may not be a break through in computing OS it does very well for what we can use and test at the moment. I'm still messing with it a good bit , and will update on issues or great finds that might come across , but I am very pleased with it so far.

I am hoping the Xbox one update for windows 10 will be a success with its live stream to any windows 10 OS that is on your wifi... because well face it would be cool to bring your surface into the bathroom if needed hahahah

Does anyone know how to remove certain updates from the list so they don't appear again? (For example a driver update)

does everybody get this problem when running the calculator app first it doesn't come to screen but in the task manager its working so I need to end the calculator task then run it again and it pops to the screen any one ?

maybe its a hardware related problem with the Microsoft wireless keyboard button of the app ?

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

does everybody get this problem when running the calculator app first it doesn't come to screen but in the task manager its working so I need to end the calculator task then run it again and it pops to the screen any one ?

maybe its a hardware related problem with the Microsoft wireless leopard button of the app ?

Only problem I've had with it is that I accidentally ran it once and now it's the default selection when I type "calc[...]".

Someone on another forum leaked Windows 10 build 10036 Professional x64:

86l4.png

They also leaked the Enterprise build and the language packs.

I would post a link to the original forum thread, but it might violate CoC. The build is supposedly being distributed via the two largest public P2P sites (I bet you can figure out which ones  ;)).

WinBeta has also posted this: http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-build-10036-has-leaked-internet

Heads up for those who may download the Enterprise edition, the ISO may have been modified. Air on the side of caution. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Is there anyway to remove that Cortana search bar? Also, how to I make it so that pressing the Windows key and then typing searches? I'm using win+f for now, but I prefer the other method.