Why don't Linus and Luke like coffee?

SuperJeRoT

I didn't drink coffee but when I started college and started programing, coffee was unavoidable.

I also like tea, especially in the winter.

But I was wondering why don't they drink coffee, do they drink tea?

Do you guys like coffee and/or tea?

#TeaMasterRace

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

What else do you like?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

#TeaMasterRace

#ShroomJuiceMasterRace

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm not a huge fan of either coffee or tea, but I am a huge fan of Energy Drinks, I'm in high school and work a full time job while being in a relationship and still having a social and family life, so more often than not I'm lucky to get 3 hours of sleep. And I drive to school so it is easy to grab an energy drink and drink it in the hallway or in my first hour class. (Teachers don't allow coffee in the classroom)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Coffee is disgusting. Tea all the way

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

What coffee is disgusting? Sounds like you only drink shitty coffee.

I grind the beans manually before making the coffee, I still do not like it. I have tried all sorts and all of them are disgusting D:

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

tea is just hot water with herbs... coffee make you pee more and stains your teeth.

#ICEDTEAMASTERRACE (the Canadian stuff, not that nasty american icedtea)

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

tea is just hot water with herbs... coffee make you pee more and stains your teeth.

#ICEDTEAMASTERRACE (the Canadian stuff, not that nasty american icedtea)

If what you mean by "American" is sweetened I agree with you. I only like my iced tea unsweetened. 

I prefer coffee. But tea is great too

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Eh. You peasants.

I only drink Voss. 

Vossbottleonwater.jpg

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Depends on the coffee. 

Stuff like Tim Hortons? That is just sad crap. 

In all honesty, Second Cup + Starbucks are genuinely better. Smaller chain shops even more so. Even better if you can grind your own beans and actually enjoy your coffee. 

Work has one of those K-Cup machines. That thing gets abused to no end, but in my office I still have my own stockpile of grinds for when I want something that tastes decent without the need to pour 3 tons of sugar and cream into it. 

Not sure. I never liked coffee until I was about their age or a tad older when I started to really really like it, it's one of those things that you start liking later on when you're no longer full of energy like you used to be

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yea, I get the personal preferences, I was just wondering if there is anything more then that.

I don't like all types of coffee, I mainly drink 3 in 1 (I know it's not that great but it suits me), also like cappuccino. People from here (Serbia) drink Turkish coffee (as we call it) and I don't like it at all!

Energy drinks are nice, but as Luke pointed out I find them not really working and drink them like a soda drink. We don't have Monster here but we have Red Bull but we mostly drink Guarana energy drink and Burn energy because they cost half of the cost of a red bul. I think we have Booster energy drink, didn't try it.

Nice comments bros, I like your opinions :)

Darkest coffee known to man, as a swede i really doesn't understand people who does not drink coffee, its the mainstay of the swedish fika so if you do not drink coffee in sweden you gon'be bored around the coffee table when everyone else drinks coffee.

I only drink tea, I can't stand coffee, even after having it on many different occasions. I also only like tea if it is something like proper earl grey, PG tips or Yorkshire tea. Can't stand that strawberry and the like fruity tea stuff that seems to be spreading like a disease at the minute.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim