Linus Media Group's Income

ZeetoVW

This may have already been asked, and it's kinda personal, but I'm really curious.

How does the LMG make their money? I know about advertisements and all that good stuff, but what about other than that?

I'm partly curious because I somewhat consider something like this my dream job.

Thanks for your time!

It is mostly from ads, contributions from viewers like buying premium memberships and shirts and affiliate codes, as well as sponsors AFAIK.

Quote me to get a reply!

They make it through sponsors, ads and other sources like t-shirts selling and memberships.
As for how much they make, well, that's a story for another day.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

More than me.

Dunno if they can disclose this information.

The questions is asking about how the money is made not how much.

Quote me to get a reply!

I remember on a stream Linus showed his screen and it said like $1,500 for a day or a week IDK.

I'm going to call around half a million a year.

He commented on how he burns through 60.000 $ in no time once. 

Am I'm completly off @LinusTech

The questions is asking about how the money is made not how much.

Title: Linus Media Group's Income

(More than me)

How they get it?

(Doubt they can disclose that information)

Make sense now?

Am I the only one waiting for them to have stocks so I can invest in them?

Then again when I'm done with school and get a good job I plan on building them a custom rig for free just to show my appreciation. It was because of them that I decided to rekindle my inner nerd and get back into computers and stuff.

Edit: I'd laugh if they all moved to the US and enjoyed not having 60-70% of their income be given to taxes. Then they might get that lambo money.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm going to call around half a million a year.

He commented on how he burns through 60.000 $ in no time once. 

Am I'm completly off @LinusTech

Considering that the average CEO's income is about 10m a year, a half a M would be very possible.

Umm really? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Considering that the average CEO's income is about 10m a year, a half a M would be very possible.

I want to see that statistic. 

Half-a-million makes sense, although keep in mind he pays several employees and runs his business in a house which have several editing/gaming rigs which uses a LOT of electricity, so that $500,000 wouldn't be going directly into the crew's pockets. Basically,, I doubt any of the crew are above middle-upper-class.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Youtube, ads, sponsors, donaters.

This ^^^ and also affiliate codes and selling stuff on the LTT store

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Here , second page down, btw this is US average CEO salary (Still half a M is not unlikely).

Correction, their tax rate on an individual is at most 29% according to a google search I did.

Hell the top payed "state employees" here in Virginia make at most half a million, the top grossing one making something like $768,000 which is fucking retarded as hell, since he makes that off of taxes. They somehow make more than our state governor.

And we wonder why this country is in so much fucking debt.

There's a difference between being a CEO and being a business owner... a lot of times, business owners will skimp on themselves to better the conditions, pay, benefits, and/or recreational activities for their employees.

Whether we can say that here or not remains to be seen... installed any A/C units in the office yet, LinusTech? ;)

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Then again when I'm done with school and get a good job I plan on building them a custom rig for free just to show my appreciation. It was because of them that I decided to rekindle my inner nerd and get back into computers and stuff.

Edit: I'd laugh if they all moved to the US and enjoyed not having 60-70% of their income be given to taxes. Then they might get that lambo money.

No your not the only one. I want them to have stocks too! omg i feel like a business-man just by playing my RTS and Economy Games

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

No your not the only one. I want them to have stocks too! omg i feel like a business-man just by playing my RTS and Economy Games

I just want to give them money. Enough money that linus can hire an A team of lawyers and @LinusTech can make those jokes that I know his inner troll wants to make. (I've heard him refer to himself as part troll before damnit)