Technology things your school does right

Enderman

My school computer has an i7 4700MQ in it, 8GB or ram, and a 730M. Probably cause I'm in game development

well my school was built in in the late 40's

1995 baby

I need to move to BC

lol yeah

oh my

doesn't beat our xeons, but still pretty impressive ^^

but.... we have 24 of those machines :P

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

well before those computers, they have optiplex desktop with cd2 cpu.

still better than what I got

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Um... Decently fast wifi/ethernet when not a ton of people are using it, finally updated their website and ditched Ubuntu Server 10.10.

Low ping wifi for all students (not even kidding, it's like 25 ping, I've seen people play competitive online games on it despite the bandwidth is very low due to all the students connecting at once)

server grade hardware in the it laboratory with 1080p panels

projector in all rooms

lots of plugs for chargers

personal e-mail with 15gb of google drive for each student

of course it's an it engineering faculty, so I'm not sure it counts...

HAHA 30GB MOFOOOOO

We have pretty good amounts of power outlets in some of the rooms, and our ping is decent.

We also have a couple terabyte "U" drive. Basically a network drive we can throw crap on, as long as it's school appropriate. CAn't use it with Chromebooks, since they're crap.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I don't think my school does anything right at all. We have shitty computers which use core 2 duos, no Wi-Fi and lan that is slow as hell.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

still better than what I got

they have also some p4 desktops but they were phased out when the c2d desktops came to our school.

50x i7 PC's in the library

3 CNC machines

Getting 3D printers

3 Computer Labs (not with i7's though)

Free wifi everywhere for all 1200 students

Stuff

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

they have also some p4 desktops but they were phased out when the c2d desktops came to our school.

even p4's would be better that iMacs with 1gb ram

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

50x i7 PC's in the library

3 CNC machines

Getting 3D printers

3 Computer Labs (not with i7's though)

Free wifi everywhere for all 1200 students

Stuff

I cri ever time

Oh ya and I forgot we have a MAC lab, Ya you guessed right I don't go there much. B)

1995 baby

lol yeah

but.... we have 24 of those machines :P

I think we have about 30 in the lab ;)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Our engineering computer room has a large room of computers (around 40) each with Quadros, 8GB of RAM and a Xeon.  Also, we've got nice chairs, tables, trays, and monitors.

They tested Vista when it first came out and skipped over it completely. They applied the same policy to Windows 8, which I was very pleased by.

They upgraded to i5s on most of the PCs, but they refused to throw out the Intel Core 2 Duos, opting to replace the Pentium 4s with those.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

My Tech Ed teacher says Apple is run by Nazi :D

JK (But seriously, ^ is true).

My school has 4th gen I5s and GTX 750s, 8 GB of Memory in the library's computers.

My school has a personal Gmail with 15GB of free storage.

Smartboards in lots of rooms.

Teacher's have 3rd Gen I5 laptops.

My English teacher has Macbooks with 512 MB of Memory for students :(

lots of ethernet and power outlets.

School wifi is decent

I'm using Comic Sans MS :D

We got 30 chrome books in every room.......ya not much more to say about that B)

And if you dont know what they look like well here you go

Link:http://www.google.com/chrome/assets/common/images/devices/samsung-chromebook/large-1.jpg

You mean the worst chromebook ever?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

my school does pc's great. i7's and 680's everywhere.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

my school does pc's great. i7's and 680's everywhere.

STEAL ONE               STEAL ONE

STEAL ONEWow. STEAL ONESpoiled much?STEAL ONE

STEAL ONE lol STEAL ONE                   STEAL ONE

STEAL ONE

STEAL ONE      STEAL ONE

STEAL ONE

STEAL ONE

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

at least you guys have PC's im stuck with having to use iMacs with 1gb ram

My old school did that, except with Macbook Airs.

On Topic: My current school didn't pay thousands of dollars to upgrade all the desktops to macbook airs. They just got desktops for the engineering classes and iPads for everything else- although idea pads would have been better.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

my school's wifi is so damn good, the printers are always working (thank god), the macs are quite new, and now some of the classrooms are getting 1440p monitors :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

My old school did that, except with Macbook Airs.

On Topic: My current school didn't pay thousands of dollars to upgrade all the desktops to macbook airs. They just got desktops for the engineering classes and iPads for everything else- although idea pads would have been better.

here they're slowly replacing them with macbook pros

We now have school wifi, BUT lots of things are blocked like Wikipedia and YouTube

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs