Technology things your school does right

Enderman

Basically just like the thread about the stuff your school does wrong, but looking at the positive side! :D

My school invested in a hive wireless network to cover the entire area with free wifi.

They also finally upgraded to windows 7 enterprise from XP :D

And upgraded the internet to fibre 100/100Mbps (but they now throttle it so that I dont clog up the entire bandwidth by downloading and uploading stuff all day...lol)

Got some new PCs for the linux lab with ivy bridge i3s with great integrated graphics.

What has your school got? :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My school's improved from a shitty to a always excelent one :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

a/b/g wifi

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

crappy think pads with i3s and windows 7. 

and the teachers think there all cool like

OH WE GOT NEW COMPUTERS SO BECAREFUL

there dell mini atx that cost no more then 300 dollars each

my school has nothing good tech wise

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Shit wifi

Shit Core 2 Duo towers with RHD 3450

Shit LAN that causes whole lab to slow to a crawl when even half the class is logging on

Shit Pentium 4's in the Linux lab

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

My school has 3 sever racks 100mb/s connection, loads of computers, loads of wifi extenders, and a lot of teachers have ipads

16:10 monitors, that's about it

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

There is this school from my friends son. They have overclocking in PE. Impressive.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

5mb download wifi only in one spot and i7 3770 with ssd but are super slow because they get an image from server.

Well it has free wifi and the account for that also works in other city places like the dentist.

The wifi can also be fast... if the connection manages to be good.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

There is this school from my friends son. They have overclocking in PE. Impressive.

What? Overclocking in sport? 

My school has 3 sever racks 100mb/s connection, loads of computers, loads of wifi extenders, and a lot of teachers have ipads

I should probably say:

the computers have intel core 2 duo's with 2 gb of ram and cost less than my desk (pretty cheap)

There servers are beast so its not toooo bad

The only real problem are the technicians, there just lazy, and one of them is a right idiot 

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

All the hardware is kina nice and they have Windows 7, but everything runs from a nas so if the wifi is flaky you risk losing your word document if word crashes due to a lost connection. 4:3 1280 by 1024 are kinda meh too.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Can't think of anything, they have ivy bridge i5 desktops in the computer lab and have ivy bridge i7 with a gt 730 in the tech room.

You would do stuff like photoshop, video editing, after effects, and other stuff in the tech room.

Although there's one thing that's bothering me, unblock speedtest, don't know why the block it.

Internet is really fast, they have a server for it in the school.

edit: not sure they have gt 730, but they have some nvidia gpu in the i7 rigs.

Low ping wifi for all students (not even kidding, it's like 25 ping, I've seen people play competitive online games on it despite the bandwidth is very low due to all the students connecting at once)

server grade hardware in the it laboratory with 1080p panels

projector in all rooms

lots of plugs for chargers

personal e-mail with 15gb of google drive for each student

of course it's an it engineering faculty, so I'm not sure it counts...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

a/b/g wifi

we have wireless AC xD

we have 3D printers which is pretty awesome

we have 3 of those too

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Can't think of anything, they have ivy bridge i5 desktops in the computer lab and have ivy bridge i7 with a gt 730 in the tech room.

You would do stuff like photoshop, video editing, after effects, and other stuff in the tech room.

Although there's one thing that's bothering me, unblock speedtest, don't know why the block it.

Internet is really fast, they have a server for it in the school.

LUCKY

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

A class in Microsoft Office.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

we have wireless AC xD

we have 3 of those too

well my school was built in in the late 40's

Low ping wifi for all students (not even kidding, it's like 25 ping, I've seen people play competitive online games on it despite the bandwidth is very low due to all the students connecting at once)

server grade hardware in the it laboratory with 1080p panels

projector in all rooms

lots of plugs for chargers

personal e-mail with 15gb of google drive for each student

of course it's an it engineering faculty, so I'm not sure it counts...

nice!

yeah we have all of that, and then some xDhttp://linustechtips.com/main/topic/104760-my-schools-pc-massive-overkill/?hl=schools+pcs