Technology things your school does right

Enderman

here they're slowly replacing them with macbook pros

Why dont schools by some damn Thinkpads or idea pads that are meant for school and professional stuff? I mean a thinkpad x1 carbon is better in every way for school use, so why buy macbook pros over it? They dont even need to worry about stability because they have like five people who a supposed to know what the hell they're doing.

Edit: And windows has better app support

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Why dont schools by some damn Thinkpads or idea pads that are meant for school and professional stuff? I mean a thinkpad x1 carbon is better in every way for school use, so why buy macbook pros over it? They dont even need to worry about stability because they have like five people who a supposed to know what the hell they're doing.

we ont have IT people here the school board sends people in occasionally and YES. but probably because the person thats in charge when IT isnt here is a apple fan... hes the kind of person who stood in line a couple of days for every apple device and its because that what all schools here use

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

we ont have IT people here the school board sends people in occasionally and YES. but probably because the person thats in charge when IT isnt here is a apple fan... hes the kind of person who stood in line a couple of days for every apple device and its because that what all schools here use

I hate these fuckers who use damned tax dollars to buy things that are unjustifiably expensive.

Edit: added a damn for emphasis

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

The digital photo class has Core i5 3470s and GTX 750s in their computers. (And 32GB RAM)

Pretty cool. Also they have 24" Dell E series monitors. Pretty good.

The rest of the school has Win 7 Enterprise 32 bit running on a Pentium 4 and 2GB RAM. (Some have Core 2 Duos) (Blue screen when you open the start menu)

My computer in Digital Electronics is a Old HP workstation. It has 2GB RAM 3 HDDs and a Nvidia Quadro. 

And then our server...

Dual Xeons (8 core I think) Eighteen 3TB Drives and 64GB RAM.

The only non crap thing in the school. (Other than the Gigabit connection) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

wow lucky you

jk

Really not, they never let you use them unless they tell you to bring them out, they also have full control over what you are doing. A teacher can shut down my computer right now from their house......

Really not, they never let you use them unless they tell you to bring them out, they also have full control over what you are doing. A teacher can shut down my computer right now from their house......

did you see the  jk

honestly, chromebooks suck

My school host the biggest (1200 gamer in one place :D) LAN party of all the East of north america LANÉTS, has multiple coding courses, has multiple engeneering students club, such has a concrete canoe, a club that build drone from scrath (like the parrot AR) and many others has a giant pendulum that tell time from the rotation of the earth, has router all over the place, has a Tim Hortons in the building, has two elevator made of glass, is currently building a 40 millions $ bulding to expend its campus.

I could go on and on. I am a proud student if "l'École de Technologie Supérieure" in Montréal! :)

I'll post pictures later, its really impressive tbh!

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

My school has 3-4 Mac pro's. Don't really know the specs but I know we have them. They use them to edit short 3-5 min videos for a video production class.

My school host the biggest (1200 gamer in one place :D) LAN party of all the East of north america LANÉTS, has multiple coding courses, has multiple engeneering students club, such has a concrete canoe, a club that build drone from scrath (like the parrot AR) and many others has a giant pendulum that tell time from the rotation of the earth, has router all over the place, has a Tim Hortons in the building, has two elevator made of glass, is currently building a 40 millions $ bulding to expend its campus.

I could go on and on. I am a proud student if "l'École de Technologie Supérieure" in Montréal! :)

I'll post pictures later, its really impressive tbh!

Man I wish that was real...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I'm a freshman in college now but at my high school's technology lab each desk had dual 23" dell monitors with full height/ pivot adjustments. I'm not sure about the gpus but I know the computers all had xeons. 

They bought dual core computers in like 2005 or 2006. They still run like champs today for word processing and internet.

Part of the Q6600 club

You wish you were there or you are calling me a liar? xD

I am doing a bachelor in civil engineering there, this university is very respected here in Québec and across Canada

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

-double post delete-

They bought dual core computers in like 2005 or 2006. They still run like champs today for word processing and internet.

Unless its a class like a videography class or cad class, or something of the like, c2d is more thank capable. If its a dual core amd, well those are SHIT. The computers are for schoolwork, not gaming.

Free Microsoft Office Professional Plus for every student, free Microsoft Office for Mac for every student, free Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 licenses for every student, super fast internet access, All computers in the library are rocking i5's, media labs have ridiculously powerful workstations, etc, etc.

Just realized I could go on for days.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

good wifi

Dealing out laptops with ssds and for technology students i5s

Giving out office, solidworks and autodesk  

Here is a video presenting a couple students club in my university. All you see is made by student and organised by students

Universtiy-wide: Fast reliable internet connection and open access library catalog...

Department: Proper webdesign and basic computer maintenance classes...