Nvidia debunks Moon landing Hoax with Virtual Light

Original Source: http://www.cnet.com/news/nvidias-new-gpu-sinks-moon-landing-hoax-using-virtual-light/#ftag=CADf328eec

Other Source: http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/18/NVIDIA-proves-moon-landing/

apollo11.jpg

Anyway, one of our research engineers happened to put this slide up of Buzz Aldrin on the moon in a meeting and said 'this speaks global illumination to me because of all the hoaxers and deniers of the moon landing." Conspiracy theorists say that Aldrin simply couldn't have been lit up the way he is in the picture. NVIDIA took it as a challenge. (Engadget)

Still, Nvidia hopes its voxel global illumination demo will offer convincing evidence to finally dispel the moon landing hoax. Or at least slow its spread. (cnet)

We've probably all seen or heard of this demo from Nvidia's launch of the new GTX970 and GTX980 cards. But this was one of the cooler demos they showed in my opinion. Nvidia seems to have used their fancy light engine to 'prove the moon landing; with nasa'. 

What do you think? I personally find it a good step forward in gaming and while it was cool for nvidia to prove the moon landing and all, I'm looking forward to the possibilities in games for this.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Due to massive amounts of contagious stupid... People will still claim that it was faked.

NVIDIA WAS PAID OFF MOON LANDING WAS FAKEd BY ILLUmINati!!!!21@!@@!@1311124 

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Neato.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Meh, The footage of the moon landing was faked Yes(Nasa actually confirmed it i think), But the landing was(probably) real.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Don't even try to think about considering saying that without a source.

151.png

There ya go.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

lol ofc you can see a dude in a in pure white suit under a small shadow. it was friggin daylight

lol ofc you can see a dude in a in pure white suit under a small shadow. it was friggin daylight

I don't think you fully understand the arguments... Without an atmosphere to scatter the light, there isn't really any ambient light to illuminate shadows like on Earth. On the Moon, however, the reflectivity of the surface (as well as Neil Armstrong's spacesuit) helped reflect sunlight at the shadowed area to illuminate that spot... It's not as clear as you think.

No NASA did not confirm that what are you talking about?

Don't even try to think about considering saying that without a source.

Forget i even said anything, I only said what i have heard somewhere.

And what i have heard is that When they Returned from the moon after they landed on it The Radiation in space erased the tapes.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Forget i even said anything, I only said what i have heard somewhere.

And what i have heard is that When they Returned from the moon after they landed on it The Radiation in space erased the tapes.

That's nice.

Source?

"what you heard" is less than irrelevant and has no weight.

he reflectivity of the surface (as well as Neil Armstrong's spacesuit) helped reflect sunlight at the shadowed area to illuminate that spot

exactly

That's nice.

Source?

"what you heard" is less than irrelevant and has no weight.

I dont remember where i heard it Exept that it was on the internet.

Next time il add "-The Internet" as a source if that makes things better.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

OgU2g.jpg

It aint a lie if it aint known.

Thats like saying a blind person lies if he says something like "Grass is red" He aint lying since he havent seen the grass, He only says what he have heard and he maybe was told grass was red.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

*obnoxious yelling* WELL IF IT WAS REAL THEN WHY THEY DIDNT SeND PPL oN TEH MUN AGAIN 

Thats like saying a blind person lies if he says something like "Grass is red" He aint lying since he havent seen the grass, He only says what he have heard and he maybe was told grass was red.

Look around a bit. You aren't quite wrong, but it was too hasty and garbage phrasing.

People saw it live. That was live. It was literally live. 

About 5 years ago reports came out of them accidentally erasing the originals, so they had to restore them. The ones you can find aren't "Faked", but restored.

And they may still yet find unaltered unofficial originals.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/07/16/us-nasa-tapes-idUSTRE56F5MK20090716

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/jul/16/moon-landing-tapes-erased

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106637066

I'll continue editing and showing more that I find.

Stop talking shit. And next time you hear something, don't just be a gullable twat and accept that as the truth and start telling everyone what you 'hearddo some research and make your own mind up.

*obnoxious yelling* WELL IF IT WAS REAL THEN WHY THEY DIDNT SeND PPL oN TEH MUN AGAIN 

They did.

Apollo 12 :

Alan Bean

Pete Conrad

Apollo 14 :

Edgar Mitchell

Alan Shepard

Apollo 15 :

James Irwin

David Scott

Apollo 16 :

Charles Duke

John Young

Apollo 17 :

Eugene Cernan

Harrison Schmitt

so they basically had gtx 980s back in the day, interesting ;)

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Meh, The footage of the moon landing was faked Yes(Nasa actually confirmed it i think), But the landing was(probably) real.

the footage was real :/ 

Nvidia just admitted to helping NASA fake the landing with advanced rendering techniques that they then had to bury from the public for decades so people wouldn't catch on.

How does this prove anything.. The tests my Mythbusters proved it, but this, no..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Cool,  does this mean we can expect AMD to retaliate and prove Elvis is actually dead?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.