Am I earning Linus money?

Is Linus theoretically getting more money from the ads if I refresh the hell out of the website?

Does it help if I click on the ads?

"Nope, said the engineer"

Sweet Jesus :mellow:

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I use adBlock I feel bad

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

Is Linus theoretically getting more money from the ads if I refresh the hell out of the website?

Does it help if I click on the ads?

No, Google knows about clickbaiting so doing so won't help much beyond the first click.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

thats not usually how ads work....

EDUCATE ME

I use adBlock I feel bad

you can white list the site you know

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I put this Amazon Link from Linus on my dads PC. That is more than enough, because we buy way too much stuff on Amazon. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

you can white list the site you know

I should

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

So 1 click per hour?

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Overly attached linus fanboy :P

By refreshing the page,you are not doing anything to Linus.It would be so easy..

By clicking on the youtube ads though,I'm pretty sure it helps a lot.Not spamming them ofc.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I'm pretty sure that clicking on ads does in fact earn some money, although I'd imagine there's something place to prevent repeatedly clicking and closing an ad.

Either way, Linus is great and all, but is that really such a wise way to spend your time and electricity costs?

I should

You don't have to, Linus has enough followers that you won't make that much of a difference on your own.

I personally use adblock on a majority of sites and I just have it auto-disable on LTT.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Overly attached linus fanboy :P

By refreshing the page,you are not doing anything to Linus.It would be so easy..

By clicking on the youtube ads though,I'm pretty sure it helps a lot.Not spamming them ofc.

2.000 people frantically refreshing, I was just wondering if we were doing anything good 

if you want to help linus get the amazon affiliate link 

I live in Greece, we rarely order stuff from amazon

I'm pretty sure that clicking on ads does in fact earn some money, although I'd imagine there's something place to prevent repeatedly clicking and closing an ad.

Either way, Linus is great and all, but is that really such a wise way to spend your time and electricity costs?

I think the person is like me trying to support Linus any way they can without giving too much from the wallet as there isn't much in the wallet.  With that said I would also like to know how he gets paid on YouTube and how what I do there helps.  I removed AdBlocker quite awhile ago now and support him by watching ads but how does this all work?  How can we give him more?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If you want to give Linus money, get one of those monthly contributions.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

if you want to help linus get the amazon affiliate link 

I would prefer a PayPal donation button somewhere.  I can't be buying much over the next two years so yeah.

I think the person is like me trying to support Linus any way they can without giving too much from the wallet as there isn't much in the wallet.  With that said I would also like to know how he gets paid on YouTube and how what I do there helps.  I removed AdBlocker quite awhile ago now and support him by watching ads but how does this all work?  How can we give him more?

I like you

spamming on advertisement will get them in trouble so dont.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If you want to give Linus money, get one of those monthly contributions.

Too expensive and I am not joking.  I'd like to be able to donate a dollar here and there when I have money in my PayPal.

spamming on advertisement will get them in trouble so dont.

Ok but for someone who isn't looking to spam it would be nice to just understand it all.  Also for the record we are allowed to watch videos or advertisements as much as we like and if he benefits from it so be it.

I live in Greece, we rarely order stuff from amazon

How many Greeks are here?! O.o

We will soon take over the forum 6slrmhh.gif

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!