Ipod classic finaly to be discontinued

bob345

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/9/4715274/ipod-classic-discontinued-a-visual-history

"he Walkman may have started the first portable music revolution, but the iPod began the second. It increasingly put thousands upon thousands of songs in your pocket, and made it so that no one ever had to leave behind a track from their library again. And beyond all of that, it just happened to kickstart Apple’s dominating position in mobile.

Today, just shy of the 13th anniversary of its initial release, the classic iPod is finally being discontinued. Here’s a look back across the revolutionary line of MP3 players, from its simple beginnings, to its flashy days of glory, right down to its final redesign."

I for one loved the ipod classic. It was simple and it just worked. I still have my own 80gb Ipod from 2005 and it works just as good as it was when it was new.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I didn't even know they still made that fucking thing. 

Zune > 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

kinda sucks for people that want an "itunes lossless player" with A SHIT TON OF SPACE.

kinda sucks for people that want an "itunes lossless player" with A SHIT TON OF SPACE.

APLAC is just because Apple won't let any of their devices use FLAC, I dislike the format because it insists upon itself.

Well this does suck one the classic had the most space and the best battery life and it's the battery life factor is what's keeping me from using my phone as a music player.

I absolutely hated those touch wheel things. 

I think my sister has an 80GB version of them.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

i would say the only device i liked from apple

personally i rocked the Creative  white

loved  that blue LED color

55-102-204-05.jpg

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

People still used Ipods? I just use my phone with a flash card (don't even need the flash card atm)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!x2....

my ipod classic has been running perfectly for years... I'm not happy with this...

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

APLAC is just because Apple won't let any of their devices use FLAC, I dislike the format because it insists upon itself.

yeah i know, but some people like itunes and having 160 GB of music in your pocket is nice. hell i almost bought one for all dat space but fuck itunes.

People still used Ipods? I just use my phone with a flash card (don't even need the flash card atm)

What battery do you have like?

What battery do you have like?

*shrugs* it's an older model windows 8 phone, I only use it for calls and the occasional text, I use it for music in the car or at the gym (so rarely) and I never worry about my battery. Some kind of nokia lumia (I think) Maybe some light news reading whilst on the toilet as well

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I will buy one if it's pretty cheap. Just to say I have owned one, even though if not during the golden days, must be cool to have it for long plane flights and such where you don't want to let your phone battery die.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

hell i still use a 4gb ipod nano for running around and not worrying about my god damn phone falling out

IIRC, ALAC is just an extension of AAC... and FLAC is an extension of Vorbis.

I still have my 80GB Ipod Video. It's the only apple product I own, and say what you want but it still works great. 

Although in full disclosure I only use it in my car when I get tired of the radio. I never even leaves its little suede sleeve. Its probably the worlds best condition Ipod video lol.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Korean MP3 players that don't force itunes on you are better anyway.

Sandisk Clip+ master race.

I love mine I just wished it didn't crash as much. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I always preferred touchscreen iPods but I know a lot of people liked the scroll wheel.

RIP Classic iPod. 

Wow are u kidding? i was going to get one of these when i got a car and dedicate it just for listening to music in the car it was decent price and had a nice amount of storage wtf! anyone know of anything similar that is still in production and outputs decent audio?

Wow are u kidding? i was going to get one of these when i got a car and dedicate it just for listening to music in the car it was decent price and had a nice amount of storage wtf! anyone know of anything similar that is still in production and outputs decent audio?

A sansa clip with a big microsd card should be fine. Otherwise there are high end DAPs that cost a lot more and aren't really worth it imo but still an option.