Ipod classic finaly to be discontinued

bob345

I love mine I just wished it didn't crash as much. 

Yeah that is an issue, sometimes you next and it just locks up and you don't know whether it's just going to play, turn off, or just freeze for a bit then turn off and not turn on for a few seconds.

Might install rockbox on it and see if it stops happening.

Yeah that is an issue, sometimes you next and it just locks up and you don't know whether it's just going to play, turn off, or just freeze for a bit then turn off and not turn on for a few seconds.

Might install rockbox on it and see if it stops happening.

Yea I might do the same. I just did it. It's a fairly easy process but you need to change the USB setting in the Sansa Clip+ to MSC or something to get it to recognize the RockBox Installer. After that it does everything for you. You can run Doom on your Clip if you want.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Welp, I might have to buy one sooner rather than later then. I love my IPod that's what? Nine years old at this point.

I love the wheel, along with the nice tactile buttons. And I can use common features through my pants.

Yea i still use an ipod classic, I think it gives me the best quality sound and the storage space is awesome as well.

This product was actually something Apple innovated with unlike many other products.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Shame it has to go... I wanted one until I found out that you needed iTunes...

Still, I've got 2 good mp3 players and that's good enough for me...

abwha1.gif

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Aww thats sad

I wish they would keep it going and just give it a little update, it was a fantastic player

I guess nobody buys mp3 players anymore

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've had a 160GB Classic for almost 4 years, I've dropped it a couple times as you'd expect within 4 years but has almost no dents, very little scratches and still holds up battery for up to a week easily. I used to have to take 20+ hour bus trips and it would usually last me the entire journey of non-stop music and a movie. It's bulky and heavy, has no apps, no wifi, it's really as simple as music reproduction got but it's very solid and for me at least has lasted more than I could expect. I love mine and it's a shame they'll stop making them.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I love the wheel, along with the nice tactile buttons. And I can use common features through my pants.

One of my favorite things! Being able to change music without taking it out of my pocketses in case of riddles in the dark.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

The should have kept it and gotten rid of the nanos and shuffles and even touch. All the other iPods are inferior versions of the iPhone. The iPod classic is a completely different device. Like how you can read on a Nexus 7, but the Kindle which is for reading exclusively is argueably better and for a different market. It will be missed.

That stinks. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The HC versions had a HDD in them.

I always thought that something as mobile as a iPod should not have an HDD in it. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

This is sad. My iPod classic is still my primary music device when I travel around the world. There's no guarantee of cellular service and it preserves my phone battery using the iPod instead of the phone as my music player. Sometime an all in one solution isn't the best. I like having a dedicated music device in my pocket.