Does anyone else feel that they make more/better friends online?

rambi36

@Kayn

@BonBon Scott

@ixi

@Camul

@FireFox

@Snickerzz

Love you all <3

<3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i guess for me in the end, getting to know someone on a deeper level is somewhat stressful. I'm quite recluse when it comes to people, I don't actively seek out friends IRL and pretty much make friends only at a superficial level when forced to, even if i get to know them on a deeper level, I don't exactly open up to them.

But I guess, online friends are easier to make as you only need to believe the persona they project, whether it's the same as IRL or not, doesn't really matter much if it's a superficial friendship I guess. I don't believe in truly knowing a person strictly just online, sometimes it's the little things people do that don't project through a computer screen that makes up a person.

Making friends IRL has so much to it; stress, peer pressure(whether you give in or not, it's still there), pressure to conform to the norms, behaving the way your clique wants, things your friends might do that hurt you, etc.

you don't have to do any online, i guess it's easier to make friends when you are in a bubble, safe from things that can hurt you.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

I have more in common with people I meet online certainly. I live in the southern united states so being a techi/gamer/all-around-nerd I am something of a leper around here.

Sadly all the friends I make online are dude's. For some reason it's nigh-impossible to meet a girl online, especially on dating websites. The most I ever manage to get out of em is 2 or 3 messages then they just sort of stop messaging me, despite saying "I'd like to talk for a while before we meet or anything" which is honestly what I would prefer.

ahhh women....why must you be so goddamned confusing?!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i guess for me in the end, getting to know someone on a deeper level is somewhat stressful. I'm quite recluse when it comes to people, I don't actively seek out friends IRL and pretty much make friends only at a superficial level when forced to, even if i get to know them on a deeper level, I don't exactly open up to them.

But I guess, online friends are easier to make as you only need to believe the persona they project, whether it's the same as IRL or not, doesn't really matter much if it's a superficial friendship I guess. I don't believe in truly knowing a person strictly just online, sometimes it's the little things people do that don't project through a computer screen that makes up a person.

Making friends IRL has so much to it; stress, peer pressure(whether you give in or not, it's still there), pressure to conform to the norms, behaving the way your clique wants, things your friends might do that hurt you, etc.

you don't have to do any online, i guess it's easier to make friends when you are in a bubble, safe from things that can hurt you.

Are you me?

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Are you me?

i could be?  :o

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

NOt yet made any friends via the Froum, but i agree! I met my girlfriend via Facebook while she lives in Spain, for one example. ANd online there you find mre people with the same interests as you. 

I think I split even with friends online and friends IRL. Which is like 3 each... xD

I hate every single one of you.

The denial is strong in you.

The Problem that I have with my friends IRL is that they have no clue about Android and PCs. 

Me: What is your current graphics card?

Friend: ah ATI Geforce R9 2770 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I cant drink beer with online friends so .... no there not better

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I cant drink beer with online friends so .... no there not better

I managed to get wasted online with my friends, we had a bitchin time!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I managed to get wasted online with my friends, we had a bitchin time!!

well if i had someone to drink beer over skype and play pool online it would be cool.

but yeah all the people i know online are infrequent

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Well... Not really friends, but people to get in contact with. All of the "friends" you see on my profile here on LTT, aren't really friends, but just contacts. I know more people that my "friend" list shows, but neither are they really "friends".

I'd like to become actual friends with some people on LTT (okay, more than 'some'), as I don't have any real friends. Just school friends, but those are not worthy of the "friend" title, as I don't get to communicate with them anywhere else than in school. (Or is my definition of "friend" too much to ask?) I'd like to have conversations with you guys, perhaps play games together or something, just some basics things y'know, to keep in touch and all...

My personality is just too anti-social... I guess...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I don't have many friends IRL. I'm a med student so not many of my colleagues are interested in the same things as I am. Hell, most don't even know what brand their GPU is, let alone the full speclist. I get along with them but can never truly discuss my passions the way I can on a niche forum like this one. That being said, I'm still too new here to really have made friends already.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I think you make more friends online because you're judged on your appearance in person I think. While people you talk to online accustom to your voice. I find the people I talk to on Skype who I actually know IRL, we get on so much better on Skype because there's less awkwardness lol. Or maybe I'm just super paranoid.

As for the forum, I don't really have many friends on here and irl . but there's a couple people who are cool guys

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

I completely agree with you everyone in real life are mostly assholes.

Just gonna leave this here:

7f6aa018dfa82acde5a69ab8f7e09a9dbe44153e

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Well i had a lot of RL friends in school and in my college days i became slightly introvert maybe because i was playing Runescape and had like 200+ friends from all over the world there LOL those were the good days miss them!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

In the area where I grew up there was virtually no one around me with the same breadth of shared interests I can find online.

That said I don't really have any true friends. I define the term as people with which you are comfortable confiding almost anything. This is not healthy on my part but it's a reality. I do think it's good to have people where you don't feel the need to place gaps between to keep them from seeing too much.

PS I am not trying to hide being a serial killer or anything.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

making friends within internet is tons better than meeting brainless people irl!

Absolutely not. Every single friend I have online is someone I already know in real life. I'm lucky I share a lot of interests with the people I know, otherwise I would definitely use the internet to make friends with similar interests.

I think that if I had just online friends it would be difficult to keep in contact with them all the time, while IRL friends are people you see every day at school/work/college/wherever.

Yes, it is easier to find people online that you have thing in common with. I used to hang around some chat sites and still speak to people from them, heck, I met one of them last year and went to Download Festival 2013 with him. Though, always have to remember to find people close, otherwise lonerville you'll be.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"