Does anyone else feel that they make more/better friends online?

rambi36

Ouy6u1D.gif

But I'm above you on the list!

Do_the_Ed_dance.gif

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

wKC6xFH.gif

You actually give many fucks. it eats you up inside!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Although I do have quite a lot of IRL friends, I do find that I tend to make better relationships with people online. Maybe it's because we don't judge people as much as we would normally do because we are all just 1's and 0's? Just a hazy thought :)

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Meeting up with old highschool friends after being at uni studying programming and shit like that for 2 years I have to dumb down what I say I do while studying. I don't think any/most of my irl friends have so much as installed an OS,

First Build (Kinda)CPU: i7 3770k MOBO: Asus Maximus V Extreme RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256gb HDD: Seagate 2TB PSU: Corsair AX1200 Case: Corsair 900D

You actually give many fucks. it eats you up inside!

xz4cHI0.gif

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I only have 1 old friend the same age as me, everyone else I get along with (not online) are adults.  I assume because I'm much more mature than allot of teenagers my age.  I love the forum because everyone has the same interests and me :)

I've met a lot of people online... I tend to have the same personality IRL and online, so all that's needed is for someone to break the ice (IRL)...

Good luck facing the real world if you stick to online "Friends".

Most of what you think you know about them is just your mind filling in blanks, 

your just creating a personality for them, it's not real.

You'll wind up a social cripple.

and the award for positivity goes to...

Trust me if you talk to someone a lot via the internet you can get to know them quite a bit. Especially talking to them on VOIP services like Skype or teamspeak. I know it's better to have IRL friends, but you gotta realize that IRL you don't really get to meet people with interests that are simular to yours (Not every one IRL is a PC builder/gamer) and depending on where you live many people could be flat out dicks to you. That is why we go on the forums and make friends here

Life.exe is missing

I do. The longest I've ever held any real life friends after I moved from Florida was a year at most. Mostly what would happen is they'd essentially get bored of me or decide they wanted a reputation boost and started talking to me less and less.

After high school I had/have no friends even though I have a job. All the people I work with at Panera Bread are #yoloswag fags in high school who only wish to talk about partying and twitter. Any attempt at hanging out with any of them in they hopes they were different when alone were met with dissappointment because they treated me as if I was in high school, which is include me in their plans then come up with a bullshit reason last minute to get me not to come.

Where as I've held the same group of online friends for over 8 years who are all fairly different. We just share a common interest in gaming. We talk EVERY day from sun up to sun set and know more about each other and feel more comfortable talking to each other about stuff than I've ever felt with any one else aside from my boyfriend. I met them all when I was 12 and a couple were only 9 when I met them. Even having different school schedules hasn't stopped us nor has us all living in different time zones.

Actually, a couple of us have met IRL despite living halfway across the country from each other. We all have plans to take a vacation together next year.

I've just found it easier to stick to online and be away from people. Dealing with people online is less of a chore than real life.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Trust me if you talk to someone a lot via the internet you can get to know them quite a bit. Especially talking to them on VOIP services like Skype or teamspeak. I know it's better to have IRL friends, but you gotta realize that IRL you don't really get to meet people with interests that are simular to yours (Not every one IRL is a PC builder/gamer) and depending on where you live many people could be flat out dicks to you. That is why we go on the forums and make friends here

Agreed. VOIP is a great way to get to know someone. The more time you spend talking to them, the more comfortable they are to talk to you and thus their 'true' personality comes out. You'd be able to tell who someone is just through your first conversations. Although it is hard to judge someone via text based forms of communication.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

and the award for positivity goes to...

It's the truth.

The same applies to pets.

Poorly socialized people and pets have problems.

Trust me if you talk to someone a lot via the internet you can get to know them quite a bit

No you don't.   

You know a teeny bit of them and a good chunk that your MIND has created to fill in the blanks created by not seeing the person in real life.

Do what you want, but I guarantee you'll have a hell of a time when it comes to having to deal with people face to face in the real world.

I don't really have any friends irl, so yes I have more friends online. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I hate every single one of you.

Even me?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I hate every single one of you.

8igrxt1.gif

Even me?

Especially you, I assume.

httf

Especially you, I assume.

that was amazing...I wrote exactly that...

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Especially you.

Yay

Hail Sithis!

I have made more (and arguably better) over the internet. I don't why but it just seems easier, maybe we end gravitate to the same because of shared interests.

Also you don't have to deal with awkward situations when you meet someone for the first time, just *boop* close the window. (or pretend you have connection issues and never talk to them again)

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.