Innerfidelity says the new Beat solos2 are "Excellent"

Kevinkt

You know what?

I think you like to argue for the sake of arguing. Stop grasping at straws.

No I don´t, I just got kind of tired of the internet shouting overpriced at everything where it is not the correct term. But apparently I am the only one who is annoyed about that so never mind.

:rolleyes:

Your kind of thinking makes it impossible to make any statement about anything because anybody could have a different opinion than what we believe.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Yes but it still doesn´t change the fact that overpriced is a subjective term. It is ok to say that the original beats solo had a very bad sound quality to price ratio but the question if it is overpriced depends entirely on the person who is thinking about buying it. So most peope on this forum will find that the beats are overpriced because they mostly care about sound quality but the point is not everyone on earth is going to find them overpriced.

It's determined by the price/performance across the market. If most products on the market offer better price/performance than a particular product, then that particular product is overpriced. You can argue that performance is subjective, but that only works up to a point; the original Beasts Solo were well beyond it.

The fashion angle is irrelevant to this argument because, as you said, this is the audio sub. Obviously, some people have the privilege to pay more for something based solely on how it looks, but that has no relation to the line of discussion here. So congratulations on making a completely vacuous point.

I have listened to them because my cousin bought some. They sounded better than the older ones but I would not say they were amazing, but they did earn the patented "does not suck award"

I would still not by any because they are way to flashy for me.

U FOKEN WUT M8 ILL REK U M8 ILL BEAT UR ASS ACROSS THE PLANET ANS THEN SELL YOU TO THE MAFIA WHERE THEY WILL MAKE YOU THIER BITCH U FGT

No I don´t, I just got kind of tired of the internet shouting overpriced at everything where it is not the correct term. But apparently I am the only one who is annoyed about that so never mind.

Hell, you can go down the "well sound is subjective" route, and as you said: "Overpriced is a subjective term". Which basically means, nobody should ever use that word because it's subjective.

This "everything is subjective" kindda talk is useless when we take it to practice. Whiteraven, imagine if I'm recommending headphones... and I recommend say, Stax009... whether a person finds that to be better than Beats is subjective, no answer is more correct than the other, so should I preface every single recommendation with 'but some people like Beats more'? Then I can do it for every single headphone in existence. It doesn't help anybody. This is why I say we need some sort of consensus and/or good reasons. Just saying anybody can find any headphone better than another doesn't help anybody in decision making, we already know stuffz is subjective. But if 99% of people (for example) feel something is overpriced and/or crap, chances are the person we are helping will probably feel the same way. So this type of wishy-washy-anything-goes mentality annoys me.

Instead, what we should do as an audio subsection of the forum is to make recommendations based upon audio, not fashion. If a person seeks sound quality help they should go here, from a sound perspective they are probably overpriced. It's not like a person coming in here thinks we're going from a fashion perspective. No, when we say 'overpriced' we mean 'overpriced in terms of sound quality' (and maybe build quality?). Nobody is going to mistake what we mean by 'overpriced'. None of us are going to list a giant asterisk after every single statement we make where we say "BTW sound is subjective, value of an item is subjective, fashion is subjective, all opinions are subjective". And you know what? I think I can speak for this audio section: We also think Beats is an overpriced item in terms of looks as well. Ironically, even as a fashion accessory, Beats ARE overpriced... so this particular example falls flat on its face. $200 to have the headphone look? There are knockoffs that can look like that and not cost $200.

And even grammatically: When we say, "Beats are overpriced in terms of the total package (looks, prestige, sound quality, build quality, etc)", that's still grammatically correct. Don't tell me the word is used incorrectly. It is a statement of opinion. Your argument was basically "well some people disagree". With what, our opinion? Great. If you're allowed to state yours, we should be allowed to state ours. If we cannot state an opinion unless every person on earth agrees with us, nobody can ever say anything subjected to opinion, ever. That's silly.

Now. For the love of god: Your argument is bollocks. You just might be "the only person who is annoyed by this" because you're the only person who doesn't get it. Let's stop dissecting this simple idea and get on with our lives.

I have listened to them because my cousin bought some. They sounded better than the older ones but I would not say they were amazing, but they did earn the patented "does not suck award"

I would still not by any because they are way to flashy for me.

It's so mainstream to the point where the look is starting to hurt my brain. So I actually dislike the look of them now. I really feel something like the Audeze LCD-X is much sexier looking than Beats (although once you wear them, the Audezes don't look so sexy on a person's head).

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Are stealing my images now? Is this what we are doing now?

Im almost a little bent. 

Oh, and this thread is stupid, everyone getting bent because a man has an opinion. 

not a just a man, but a man with two arms, a head, two legs and several fingers at least. He can talk, listen, and see things with his man eyes.  his man fingertips probably even caress his man girlfriend or manwife at night. His opinions are undoubtedly man made and brought to us through the great data tubes of the interLANnetwork, which was also pieced together by the hands of another man with the ferocity and veracity of another man possessed. 

His opinions are therefore sacristan and should only be heard by high priests like us, who have undergone the most sacred of rituals to cleanse their bowels in anticipation of the holy words that Tyll may utter. 

the rest of you can bugger off.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh lawd.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

his man fingertips probably even caress his man girlfriend or manwife at night.

What if he has a man manfriend, tho. What then.

What if he has a man manfriend, tho. What then.

It's Tyll, He can be man gender or bi man or even trans man. his words are still of the holy mass conception.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's Tyll, He can be man gender or bi man or even trans man. his words are still of the holy mass conception.

holla holla

That wasn´t even my point. Yes audio is subjective and it is fine to not point out every time that what they think sounds good is only their opinion and others might disagree. It is ok to write that other alternatives sound better and have better build qualitiy and so on even if it is subjective. I am just saying that using the word overpriced instead of just saying it is worse in the following things adds another level of subjectivity. The beats are probably a bad example because they offer so little. But a good example are expensive headphones like the Audeze LCD2/3 or HD 800. Based on price/performance they are definitely not good. People would say they are overpriced. But then if you want that level of quality and are prepared to pay the extra money for it they are not overpriced since you can not buy a headphone that offers the same sound quality and signature for less. So saying it is overpriced is less precise than actually pointing out what is bad about them. But as I said if you really want to use the term overpriced I will not argue about it more.

That wasn´t even my point. Yes audio is subjective and it is fine to not point out every time that what they think sounds good is only their opinion and others might disagree. It is ok to write that other alternatives sound better and have better build qualitiy and so on even if it is subjective. I am just saying that using the word overpriced instead of just saying it is worse in the following things adds another level of subjectivity. The beats are probably a bad example because they offer so little. But a good example are expensive headphones like the Audeze LCD2/3 or HD 800. Based on price/performance they are definitely not good. People would say they are overpriced. But then if you want that level of quality and are prepared to pay the extra money for it they are not overpriced since you can not buy a headphone that offers the same sound quality and signature for less. So saying it is overpriced is less precise than actually pointing out what is bad about them. But as I said if you really want to use the term overpriced I will not argue about it more.

Feels like you ignored what people have said up-thread, so I'm going to ignore you and your blathering.

There are people who are willing to wear something like Audeze LCDs and HD800s outside. Either they don't give a crap about what others think of them or they really just care about sound quality. Both of these reasons are fine grounds for wearing Beats outside (if they are the best at a given price point). It's about ignoring brands (something people accuse people who pick Beats of failing to do, I might add) and just caring about the sound. If Beats were better than my headphones in enough categories, I'd be wearing Beats.

I wouldn't have any problems wearing my HD800's outside. I won't though since they're far too valuable and clumsy to carry around with you, I've got other headphones for portable use. I would however be far too embarassed to be seen wearing Beats. Every time I see a picture of some celebrity using Beats I know instantly that that person knows nothing about audio quality and just wants to be seen as cool or hip.

I wouldn't have any problems wearing my HD800's outside. I won't though since they're far too valuable and clumsy to carry around with you, I've got other headphones for portable use. I would however be far too embarassed to be seen wearing Beats. Every time I see a picture of some celebrity using Beats I know instantly that that person knows nothing about audio quality and just wants to be seen as cool or hip.

So you would rather wear headphones that are open? No one worth worrying about is going to judge you for walking around with Beats. I figure more people would judge you for walking around with open headphones where everyone can hear what you are listening to. 

I personally own 558s but I'd never use them in public. They leak SO much sound it's like I'm walking around with a portable speaker. 

So you would rather wear headphones that are open? No one worth worrying about is going to judge you for walking around with Beats. I figure more people would judge you for walking around with open headphones where everyone can hear what you are listening to. 

What I meant was that I wouldn't be embarassed being seen wearing HD800's. But even if no one else would recognize Beats headphones, I would know. I'll never buy anything from Apple or Beats and since Beats are now owned by Apple...

What I meant was that I wouldn't be embarassed being seen wearing HD800's. But even if no one else would recognize Beats headphones, I would know. I'll never buy anything from Apple or Beats and since Beats are now owned by Apple...

Fair enough but it seems unfair to judge a brand simply because of the brand name itself if the product improves over time. 

Fair enough but it seems unfair to judge a brand simply because of the brand name itself if the product improves over time. 

No, blind, illogical hate is definitely the way to do it, noob.

That's what I said. There are problems with wearing HD800s outside and I wouldn't wear mine outside. They're open, they can't isolate for anything, they're big (I've never been a fan of carrying around any headphones at all, if I had to go mobile I'd do in ears), they're lower profile in terms of the amount of people that know about it, but they are quite expensive to be lugging around outside. Yet there are a few people on Headfi who'd wear Audezes or HD800s outside.  :o

That's what I said. There are problems with wearing HD800s outside and I wouldn't wear mine outside. They're open, they can't isolate for anything, they're big (I've never been a fan of carrying around any headphones at all, if I had to go mobile I'd do in ears), they're lower profile in terms of the amount of people that know about it, but they are quite expensive to be lugging around outside. Yet there are a few people on Headfi who'd wear Audezes or HD800s outside.  :o

I just took my LCD-2's on a road trip.

I never had them on outside, but in the hotel + car ride over I did.

YElIXuZ.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

u r crazy taco

I still find the LCD-X to be kindda heavy. I always realize I"m wearing them, whereas with HD800 I can actually forget I'm wearing headphones. Don't you feel too, that Audezes look good when not worn, but when worn it seems a bit funky on a person's head?

Are stealing my images now? Is this what we are doing now?

Im almost a little bent. 

Got it off Google bruh

I have 558s and would never wear them in public. One of the reasons I recently picked up a pair of these Beats Solos. My 558s act like speakers to everyone around me. People who wear open headphones outside come off as douches who don't care about being courteous to the people around them. 

I have 558s and would never wear them in public. One of the reasons I recently picked up a pair of these Beats Solos. My 558s act like speakers to everyone around me. People who wear open headphones outside come off as douches who don't care about being courteous to the people around them. 

Oh yeah, that's true too. They let sound out, not just in.

My 558s act like speakers to everyone around me. 

They let sound out, not just in.

If you're listening too loud. #LowdBMastarRace