Your PC Must Be This Advanced To Run Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Victorious Secret

suykxxug4m4dilowece7.gif

I'm stealing Kotaku's headline because the level of snark is just perfect. 

I know the defacto stance on this forum is to shit on COD because well, its COD. Not EA, thats a different kind of shitting. But COD shitting a new kind of shitting. Either way, shit away. 

This is maybe the first release since Black Ops where the story seems pretty compelling (and before BO, Modern Warfare 1), so I have some hope that the injection of Frank Underwood trying to become President leads to some good campaign action. 

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Source)

Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
  • HDD:
     40GB HD space
  • Sound:
     DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX:
  • Internet:
     Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
  • CPU:
     Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better 
    Recommended
    : Intel® Core™ i5 – 680 @ 3.6GHz
  • RAM:
     6 GB RAM 
    Recommended
    : 8 GB RAM
  • Video:
     NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better 
    Recommended
    : NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 760 @ 4GB

a78ae76da19c1a0f9e0e9b2f7e6229e70bd36cf7

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Source)

Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
  • HDD:
     40GB HD space
  • Sound:
     DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX:
  • Internet:
     Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
  • CPU:
     Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better 
    Recommended
    : Intel® Core™ i5 – 680 @ 3.6GHz
  • RAM:
     6 GB RAM 
    Recommended
    : 8 GB RAM
  • Video:
     NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better 
    Recommended
    : NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 760 @ 4GB

The kicker is that Call of Duty: Ghosts actually ran very poorly on PC when it first came out, so it wasn't even using the meager amount of power it required very well. Here's hoping Advanced Warfare does a better job, lest Kevin Spacey's space face move like a boulder and look like a blob of un-molded putty. 

And Activision? Please, please, please stop making us suffer through unreasonably massive downloads and installs for this series. PC gamers may (generally) have more hard drive space than console gamers, but that doesn't mean we like using it when we don't have to. 

So have some lulz, its the same crap as Ghosts. And Ghosts was an embarrassment of a game on a campaign, multiplayer and technical level. Here's to hoping that AW has some thought put into how it abuses system resources. 

http://kotaku.com/your-pc-must-be-this-advanced-to-run-call-of-duty-adva-1618525485/all

this is worse than Watch_Dog's recommended specs.

I'll just get it on my Game Boy Advance instead

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

lol my old PC from 2007 can still play this game.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

so is there going to be a fake ram requirement that will keep the game from running again?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

CoD is crap, and you should be ashamed for even considering purchasing it.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

CoD is crap, and you should be ashamed for even considering purchasing it.

Really? We're going there? 

COD fits a demographic quite well. Its one of the few FPSs that is truly pick up and play. Anyone and anything can do it. It serves its place. Are we now mocking people based on what they chose to buy? and what they genuinely like? Hell, COD is one of the few games my dad doesn't have trouble playing, should I go tell him he should be ashamed for that choice in what he likes to play? 

Can I mock you for buying a 4GB version of a low end card? How the hell does that make sense? You should feel ashamed. 

Oh wait, that makes me sound like a pompous ass, doesn't it? So maybe keep your rhetoric in check next time. 

so is there going to be a fake ram requirement that will keep the game from running again?

Hey, they're advancing RAM requirements.  :P

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

COD fits a demographic quite well. Its one of the few FPSs that is truly pick up and play. Anyone and anything can do it. It serves its place. Are we now mocking people based on what they chose to buy? and what they genuinely like? Hell, COD is one of the few games my dad doesn't have trouble playing, should I go tell him he should be ashamed for that choice in what he likes to play? 

Can I mock you for buying a 4GB version of a low end card? How the hell does that make sense? You should feel ashamed. 

Oh wait, that makes me sound like a pompous ass, doesn't it? So maybe keep your rhetoric in check next time. 

1365333922801.jpg

CoD is just the same shit, re-textured and put up for sale again. The biggest portion of the CoD community is under the age of 15 who insult each other's mothers and commit general fucktardery. CoD 2 & World At War were the only good ones from the entire series. Everything else sucks more than my Dyson.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Well i don't even like fps games but my old computer from 2007 can't play this, it barely runs gta 4.

Glad you said it before I had to.

CoD is just the same shit, re-textured and put up for sale again. The biggest portion of the CoD community is under the age of 15 who insult each other's mothers and commit general fucktardery. CoD 2 & World At War were the only good ones from the entire series. Everything else sucks more than my Dyson.

While I agree that it's just rehashed over and over again, I find it fun to sit down and have some mindless fun.

It's not SkyRim involved complexity, and I don't have to wait 45 minutes for a round to be over.

It has its place. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others shouldn't.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

While I agree that it's just rehashed over and over again, I find it fun to sit down and have some mindless fun.

It's not SkyRim involved complexity, and I don't have to wait 45 minutes for a round to be over.

It has its place. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others shouldn't.

I still find Counter Strike to be superior to Cawadoody. I play CSS for fun, and 1.6 for LAN parties.

yay a other game that won't start up without 6gb of ram... better upgrade dat ram.

CoD is just the same shit, re-textured and put up for sale again.

Sounds like a bunch of PC games we know, doesn't it?

*Cough* Battlefield *cough*

They don't just re-texture them. Console graphics are advancing, just at a separate pace from PC graphics. If they didn't, we'd still be playing games with Duck Hunt style graphics.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I had more interest in reading the OP's post than I ever had in playing CoD.

Sounds like a bunch of PC games we know, doesn't it?

*Cough* Battlefield *cough*

That don't just re-texture them. Console graphics are advancing, just at a separate pace from PC graphics. If they didn't, we'd still be playing games with Duck Hunt style graphics.

Didn't you hear him? He plays CSS and 1.6

He's one of those "LEEEEET" FPS players who is a cut above because he prefers to play a game that has gunplay from the Nixon era, and thus looks down upon any other game that he doesn't deem worthy. And then says people should feel ashamed for buying said games. 

yay a other game that won't start up without 6gb of ram... better upgrade dat ram.

Or download more ram at downloadmoreram.com.  :lol:

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I still find Counter Strike to be superior to Cawadoody. I play CSS for fun, and 1.6 for LAN parties.

They don't have those for console...and I played Counterstrike when I was a kid. I've moved on.

Hah, I agree it's sad, but...most people should have 8gb of RAM by now if you game anyways ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

HDD: 40GB HD space

I'd rather fill up my hard drive with HD photos of horses than give 40GB up for COD.

They don't have those for console...and I played Counterstrike when I was a kid. I've moved on.

Hah, I agree it's sad, but...most people should have 8gb of RAM by now if you game anyways ;)

People with older systems with ddr2 can't really upgrade without changing your whole system. 8gb of ddr2 is like 150 bucks..... hell i would be on 4gb of ddr3 right now if i didn't get my cpu and mb so damn cheap.

It's a different studio working on this CoD. I'm certainly not going to pre-order it or buy right away, but I'm willing to give them a chance before I shit all over them like Infinity Ward deserves.

I'd rather fill up my hard drive with HD photos of horses than give 40GB up for COD.

Alot of games from the last two years are 25+ gb big. it's really not that uncommon for them going to 40gb but yeah....