Yoshi's Full Name Revealed!

We always called the green dinosaur in Mario game series "Yoshi", but actually it is just its' nickname. Blake Harris, author of the book "Console Wars", which is about the corporate battle between Nintendo and Sega during the 1990s, unearthed Yoshi's full name in a copy of the Nintendo character guide from 1993. Yoshi's full name, according to this guide, is actually T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas. Unfortunately, what the T stands for is still unknown.

It also revealed that Mario is not human, but Nintendonus!?

Ask most people to name that green, egg-throwing, enemy-swallowing dinosaur from Mario games and they will tell you definitively that his name is Yoshi. Through many games, the dino has been referred to as Yoshi, and never anything else. But apparently, in a surprising revelation, "Yoshi" is nothing but a nickname.

Blake Harris, author of the book Console Wars about the corporate battle between Nintendo and Sega during the 1990s, unearthed the character's full name in a copy of the Nintendo character guide from 1993. According to the guide, Yoshi's full name is actually T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas. Unfortunately, what the T stands for is still unknown.

In addition to Yoshi's full name, the guide also reveals that Mario is not a traditional human but a person of a different species. The full paragraph states, "Yoshi, properly known as T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas, had been held captive in an egg until Mario (homo nintendonus) bopped along and rescued him. Instantly, the young dinosaur and the plumber became fast friends. Together, they set out to rescue Yoshi's dinosaur pals from the wickedness of Bowser."

Yoshi made his first appearance in Super Mario World, released in 1990. He appeared alongside Koopalings who received names based on musicians during localization for an American release.

There's no indication if we'll ever know what the T stands for, or if it means anything. What do you think it stands for? Let us know in the comments.

YoshiMarioParty9.png

" T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas", or Yoshi

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/yoshis-full-name-is-not-yoshi-according-to-1993-ni/1100-6421541/

I knew Yoshi wasn't a full name!

If you can't correct people it is.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

His first name is Trevor!

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

That's a pretty stupid name. I hate everything.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

That's a pretty stupid name. I hate everything.

Then you have something in common with Yoshi. :)

YoshiSAUR haha WTF?! lol

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

His first name is Trevor!

Haha, weird that's the first thing that came to my mind!

Trevor Yoshisaur Munchakoopas

This only makes me wonder, is Mario Mario and Luigi Mario thing confirmed by Nintendo?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This only makes me wonder, is Mario Mario and Luigi Mario thing confirmed by Nintendo?

Mario Brothers

On topic: Did anyone lose sleep over this before?

For a sec I thought you were going to suggest his name was 'Blake Harris' while reading that xD

This is awesome though, I love how that full name sounds. Makes Yoshi seem even cuter than before <3

You can't handle Yoshi's kawaii swag.