EA CTO Claims Next Gen Consoles Are a Generation Ahead of the Best PC, Starts New Comedy Career

lol EA CTO just stop 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

PS4 and Xbox will be very optimized and efficient.

Its like having high end APU PC. If you have faster ram, you will get more performance. So i think soon we wont have dedicated graphic cards anymore. And we will also not need it, since Euclideon technology is coming up that uses only CPU to render points ( not polygons ). Actually its allready here, it will be on PS4 and on Xbox one.... sooo... yeah. No more polygons :)

#EDIT I forgot some proof and info.. so there you go. The future of gaming. No polygons. GPU used only for shading/litening/physics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj4QPVToevU

Oh no! The future of gaming has been removed by user :P

This is a load of EA.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130522214715-10904058-the-technology-behind-xbox-one

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-ps4-xbox-one-a-generation-ahead-of-gaming-pcs-254360.phtml

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbox-One-PlayStation-4-IGNITE-Frostbite-Rajat-Taneja,22756.html

So according to EA CTO Rajat Teneja: "These architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market," wrote Teneja on Linedin. "Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen."

Is there something I'm missing here? Or is this another reason to just not like EA!

My favorite quote from Destuctoid article: "hype train is at full speed now the Xbox One and PS4 are both public knowledge, and Electronic Arts is riding first class."

He goes on to say how the new graphics and sound will bring the games more to life. But isn't that was everyone expects from a next gen, gaming console?

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Already posted. But, PS4 and Xbox One are only equal to a gaming PC using an APU,

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This was? I was looking through and couldn't find it

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

This was? I was looking through and couldn't find it

I'm pretty sure it's already been posted. However, I just searched for a duplicate topic, and I didn't find anything.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I was looking through before I posted but if you do let me know and I will delete it

The only thing true about this whole "better architecture" is that if we had PCs with same architecture but the same performance right now, PCs would be way better. Myself, i like to think that APUs are the future. Or even mobo and everything allready integrated. We will see... 

ok thank will delete 

is there no delete post? A mod has to do it?

is there no delete post? A mod has to do it?

Yes. A mod has to do it.

"These architectures are a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market and their unique design of the hardware, the underlying operating system and the live service layer create one of the most compelling platforms to reimagine game mechanics,"

What the ****! EA is AGAIN saing the most stupid thing i've ever heard. Playstation and XboX will never be 'a generartion ahead' of PC-gaming. Graphics ARE better on PC, even on mine with his 7770 and I5 760!

Let me know what you think!

Source:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbox-One-PlayStation-4-IGNITE-Frostbite-Rajat-Taneja,22756.html

Ya EA is just sucking up to get the sweet sweet milk called "sponsorship".

Also not to be that guy but ,*saying you said saing probably just a typo, I'm anal like that :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Stupid ea. Comparing an hd 7790 or an hd 7850 to a titan or a 7990 XD

Also not to be that guy but *saying you said saing probably just a typo, im anal like that :D

I'm. :P

Desktop - Custom watercooled R4E/i7 3930k/GTX 780 SLI/32gb 2400mhz DDR3/Xonar STX/OCZ V4 256gb RAID 0/24tb RAID 5

Laptop - Clevo P370EM - i7 3630QM/GTX 680M SLI/8gb 1866mhz DDR3/840 pro 256gb RAID 0/750gb mechanical

I'm. :P

DANGIT... i missed it :( lol

well your tongue is crooked so ha

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

DANGIT... i missed it :( lol

well your tongue is crooked so ha

Not native english :S sorry (Stupid grammer nazi's everywhere! :p)

Not native english :S sorry (Stupid grammer nazi's everywhere! :P)

oh god you might want to get out of there then

The better architecture is actually the 300,000 cloud servers... It's got nothing to do with the hardware u plug into your TV. Imagine all those ads popping up, interrupting your games, movies and whatever else they can think of.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

+1

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit