Discussion: Should Minors Be Able To Buy/Have E Cigarettes?

JoshK

Cancer costs taxpayers tons of money, even in the US.

So does every jobless druggie in the ghettos of our cities.

We might as well make drugs illegal since we spend so much on th-

Oh wait.

Everybody is fucked nowadays, some strange fake cig with obscure effects isn't going to help anyone nor will it make things any worse than they're already going to get.  

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

So does every jobless druggie in the ghettos of our cities.

We might as well make drugs illegal since we spend so much on th-

Oh wait.

Everybody is fucked nowadays, some strange fake cig with obscure effects isn't going to help anyone nor will it make things any worse than they're already going to get.  

you must be super fun at parties ;)

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

you must be super fun at parties ;)

I find pleasure in crashing them

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Enough kids in my age group smoke weed and cigs already. I don't them to be able to smoke anything legally if they're underage -_-

Life.exe is missing

What pisses me off about people who smoke e-cigs, is that they think that they are allowed to smoke inside, when there is signs all over the fuckin' place that say "No Smoking".

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I want other peoples opinion. I am 14 and I know so many 14, 15, 16 year olds who smoke cigarettes regularly. Conventional cigarettes contain thousands of chemicals and carcinogens which obviously will give you cancer, make it harder for you to breathe etc. Compared to e cigarettes, liquid that is heated up to create a vapor that is then inhaled, they contain vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, food flavoring and (sometimes) liquid nicotine. E cigarettes are used to help smokers quit smoking by vaping juice that has less and less nicotine until they are down to a 0 nicotine juice. Very little is know of the long term health effects but what they do know is that they are considerably healthier for you than conventional cigarettes. The reason I personally think minors should be able to buy and own e cigarettes, with regulation, is so that minors that do smoke can kick the habit. Even though this will raise the amount of minors that use e cigarettes that have never smoked in their life, wouldnt it be better to have the minors that do smoke cigarettes to be able to use e cigs so that they are not killing themselves? I want to hear other peoples opinion because I want the people I know to stop smoking, but I dont want them to get an MIP because they have an e cig.

and if you dont know what an e cig looks like \/\/

attachicon.gife-cigs-rev-5.jpg

Short answer: No. Kids - especially teens, are stupid. Source: I used to be a teen.

If a teen wants to quit smoking, there are plenty of helpful products they can try such as nicotine gum, patch, etc.

Check out this article:

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/studies-reveal-health-risks-e-cigarettes

Basically there have been very little study on the matter, so we don't know the long term risks or how "safe" it is. Most of the claims about e-cigs being totally safe have zero research backing them up. Finally, the particle size of the vaped liquid is extremely small (smaller even then cigarette smoke), which is dangerous to your lungs. The tiny particles go deep into the lungs and get embedded there, causing irritation and eventually can lead to lung disease.

If a kid wants to quit smoking and thinks e-cigs will help, he should talk to his parents and let them decide whether e-cigs are the right way to go.

@Stefan Becker Also about smoking e-cigs indoors, I agree. If anyone tried to smoke an e-cig in my apartment, car, I'd throw them the fuck out. If it was in a public building, I'd politely tell them to please stop, or else I will call the police/security... Then I would proceed to do so. In Canada (Ontario at least) it's a crime to smoke inside most public buildings. It's also generally illegal to smoke even on the property of most public buildings. Take a Public Transit Bus Terminal or a School for example. You must physically leave the property before smoking is permitted.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What pisses me off about people who smoke e-cigs, is that they think that they are allowed to smoke inside, when there is signs all over the fuckin' place that say "No Smoking".

Yep a kid in my previous class sat in lessons and smoked that damn thing  :( Also got expelled but that's because he beat a 1st grader up because his brother owed him money.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

In answer to the OP, definitely not, it should be a lot harder for kids to purchase cigarettes in the first place and e cigs should carry the same regulation. Most shops will not sell to under 18s in my experience anyway, but where there's a will there's a way.

-YouTube-

These YouTubers are referencing a highly buyist article that was published in The New York Times using some really sketchy research from The Nicotine and Tobacco research journal using formaldehyde as a scare tactic...

Under normal conditions it was found to be 800 times lower that that of a cigarette which if you work it out is pretty much negligible. I bet that a lot of the people here consume drinks and food products that contain the artificial sweetener/preservative aspartame and are unaware that it is breaking down to formaldehyde in the body at greater levels than what is found in e cigarettes.

This research obviously didn't suit them so they decided to perform the test again to go in their favor [presumably so they could collect the cheque from the tobacco companies that were paying them]. They found similar levels of formaldehyde production to a traditional cigarette when they adjusted the voltage to 4.8V on a 2.2 ohm coil, which for anyone that knows is pretty insane, no one does this as it is literally burning the liquid and will produce a very unpleasant acrid taste, completely unbearable. 

I'm not saying they are perfectly healthy but in comparison to cigarettes they are far better, they have been around for over a decade yet no one as been able to produce any official research suggesting that they are worse for you than combustible tobacco products.

I would really like some properly conducted scientific research to be done, but it seems like all the organisations that produce the research for it now belong to a camp, both for and against which is not scientific at all.

I think there should be tighter regulation on the production, much like food products as it can literally be produced in someones house and who knows what conditions or what other chemicals they may be adding to it. I'm fairly confident that propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin combined with small amounts of nicotine are safe to a certain extent and shouldn't really affect your life span in the way that cigarettes do. Flavorings I am a little more skeptical about, but the same goes for food, again if it was regulated like the food industry with checks on ingredients and hygiene, I don't see the problem.

In a perfect world people would do neither, but if I had to pick one I would rather pick a world were everyone vaped.

minors should have access to everything they want

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Minors shouldn't be allowed anything. They shouldn't be allowed to speak half the time.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

This.

ecigarette = cigarette = no

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

People have a right to kill themselves how they want, as a smoker I say this. It makes no sense to waste money legislating against it, and or prosecuting people that sell cigs to minors. Let them make their own mistakes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People have a right to kill themselves how they want, as a smoker I say this. It makes no sense to waste money legislating against it, and or prosecuting people that sell cigs to minors. Let them make their own mistakes.

Children and minors don't have a fully developed brain and are impaired when it comes to making long-term decisions. and may be targeted with uninformative advertising and peer pressure

things like risking lung disease are very much long term decisions.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

If we had parents that taught their kids about smoking and its dangers, we wouldn't need to legislate it away from them. If we didn't legislate it away from them and make it a taboo social statement, it might take a generation, but it'd probably work itself out.

Personally, I think it's a pretty stupid purchase, and the kids would probably realize it if they had to spend their own money on it. If they didn't, and they loved their e-cig, and they got lung cancer early or something, more power to 'em.

If your brain's developed enough to work and drive, you should be able to smoke and drink like everyone else. If you're younger than working age, I'd say use is okay, but not purchase. :)

Tbh, I think kids under 18 shouldn't be able to own one. My friends just put hash oil in the damn thing and boom it's an electronic blunt. Plus too many high school kids thinking they're hard use it.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors