Am I the only one who doesn't like Skyrim?

NeatSquidYT

Nope I dont like it either.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I didn't mind it, I enjoyed it a decent bit. It's definitely not one of my favourite games though.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

You're not alone.

Skyrim is a good time sink, i like the graphics the 100+ mods i have on it but personally i liked Bethesda Softworks Fallout 3 and their new Wolfenstein the new order better. But it is true single player open world games tend to move slowely, so i understand where your coming from.

I hate it because of what it is.. And it made me hate bethesda.. 

And they'll never fix the bugs. Ever

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Oblivion was terrible without TIE or OOO to rebalance the gameplay. Morrowind was the best TES game, and looking forward to Skywind. Until then, Requiemed Skyrim.

am I the only one who hates questions like that?

yes I see the hypocrisy. ;)

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I personally find the game to be boring and repetitive. Also, don't try to gun me down, it's an opinion.

how, DARE YOU !!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SEuoEJkODE#t=40s

Let the dragonborn theme rise inside you, feel the POWER !!!

anyone who does not feel it, is dead inside

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

Lets make The sims, age of empire and metal gear solid hate threads.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

Lets make The sims, age of empire and metal gear solid hate threads.

You forgot RollerCoaster Tycoon

I love it :lol:

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

I personally find the game to be boring and repetitive. Also, don't try to gun me down, it's an opinion.

I'm not a fan of RPGs either but it is a modding sandbox for me

I hate it because of what it is.. And it made me hate bethesda.. 

And they'll never fix the bugs. Ever

But at least their games allow you to mod the shit out of it, and the fan/modding community end up doing an unofficial patch fixing practically everything.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

*GASP* YOU DON'T LIKE A GAME I LIKE? THIS IS BLASPHEMOUS! GUN HIM DOWN GUN HIM DOWN!

ahmk6lX.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

For me it was entertaining for a while, but after a few hours of free exploration (the storyline I found to be VERY boring) it really did get repetitive. I'm not a huge fan of ultra open world games either, it's too easy to get lost in sidequests and eventually you don't care for the storyline much anymore.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I agree personally. Without mods, Skyrim is boring for many people because they aren't RPG players. 

I don't even like Skyrim and I love RPGs. If it weren't for the mods, I wouldn't play it. At all. Ever. But it can be so gorgeous, and with the right mods, fun even. 

I just hate Bethesda games in general as RPGs because there are no true cut scenes (like FFVII cut scenes, as an example). I need a real cut scene to separate the gameplay from the story, or I can't enjoy the story. Not sure why. Probably because I grew up on such RPGs (ones where the story was mainly told through item descriptions or cut scenes). 

Bioware's Dragon Age series suffers the same issue. I hate it. The only thing that made me finish Origins was the fact that I could romance people. That was it.

The fact that every moment of a Bethesda game is told through their built engine is a major turn off for me as an RPG gamer. I just can't do it. Add in the fact that the world is open/sandboxy and that you can do most things in whatever order aside from the main quest, and I find it hard to give two craps about the story at all. 

Like I said, if it weren't for the mods....

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

-snip-

Mods truly are a godsend. They increase the longevity and replayability of a game so much, something you'll unfortunately never experience when gaming on a console. =(

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I had it on my PS3 and have it on PC. Played about 30 mins on console and 5 on PC. 

I've played skyrim a while back, and the best thing to do is spawn a bunch of archers and a elder dragon. That or spawn a bunch of opposing factions and have a massive land battle. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

But at least their games allow you to mod the shit out of it, and the fan/modding community end up doing an unofficial patch fixing practically everything.

Yeah.. But still. it feels like they threw an unfinished product to their community and just went "fix it"

If the game was solid right out of the box then the modders wouldn't have to worry about fixing the game...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"