Show off your latest purchases

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bitter said:

I've had the same enclosure for a while, definitely solid. I added a thermal pad to the lid for a little bit of extra cooling.

This one came with a thermal pad already in it.

Speaking of, I've been wondering if I should add a thermal pad to the second SSD I put in my laptop...

Edited by Yone

It finally showed up, holy shit. UPS lost this 3 times and mangled it in the process.

IMG_2381.thumb.jpeg.2a49ba39da05787bdd114cb701fc1af6.jpeg

1989 muddy fox pathfinder, a cool bike from the UK, in overall fantastic shape considering its 35 years old

this is what I originally ordered, I presumed it was lost so I got my 80’s bike fix with that Marin Eldridge grade, and then this shows up 

so now I get to have two sick ass 80’s bikes to ride around 

anyway, UPS as I mentioned, mangled this, bent the derailleur pretty bad 

IMG_2382.thumb.jpeg.c39985c26aaa17bd1a7e048df2983e69.jpeg

this is why derailleur hangers exist on modern bikes, if you smash your derailleur into something you just destroy a little replaceable piece of metal, on old bikes, it bends the whole ass frame 

I got it unbent good enough with a big wrench and fire

IMG_2383.thumb.jpeg.c16a810024d911fc304a0a861e61a84a.jpeg

tore the entire thing down, going to completely rebuild and refurb it 

6 hours ago, 8tg said:

a cool bike from the UK

Just make sure you tape the lights and be extra vigilant on corners on this left hand drive vehicle in your right hand drive country 🙂  

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

11 hours ago, Yone said:

This one came with a thermal pad already in it.

Speaking of, I've been wondering if I should add a thermal pad to the second SSD I put in my laptop...

Either mine didn't or I added a 2nd pad then, I can't remember anymore lol.

Can't hurt as long as the year has somewhere to go.

4 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

Just make sure you tape the lights and be extra vigilant on corners on this left hand drive vehicle in your right hand drive country 🙂  

Fun fact, in the uk the shifters and brakes are the other way around.

Rear derailleur and brake are on the left, front derailleur and brake are on the right. In the US it’s the opposite.

50 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Rear derailleur and brake are on the left, front derailleur and brake are on the right. In the US it’s the opposite.

Just don't forget if you don't swap then around 😂

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 hours ago, 8tg said:

Sounds like that's fun in a panic when muscle memory sets in 😅

2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium 4x4

20240408-125821.jpg

It was time to get a new vehicle, as my 2018 Jetta really didn't suit our needs anymore. It's struggled badly in the winters here in Reno, and it's getting harder for my wife to get in due to her bad back. It also got damaged in an accident at work by a drunk moron who crashed into in three times (here's a picture of the damage: https://i.ibb.co/RYjdSjw/20240220-113544.jpg).

After shopping around for a while, I narrowed it down to the EcoSport and the Kona, and ultimately decided on the EcoSport (the recent issues with Hyundai/Kia cars being stolen helped in that regard as well). I've had it for almost two weeks now and I'm super happy with it.

I know the EcoSports kinda get crapped on (and some of it's justified, the models with the 1.0, 3 Cylinder engine are crap, mine doesn't have that engine), but it suits our needs perfectly. I'm not someone who wants all the bells and whistles in my car, I just want it to get me where I need to go without any issues. The EcoSport has enough modern features to make me happy, but it's still very basic (most things are controlled via buttons as opposed to the touchscreen, for example). We wanted a smaller 4x4 Crossover that will allow us to go up into the mountains (see the picture above, I wouldn't dream of taking my Jetta there due to how bad the road going in was), but didn't break the bank to much.

My next goal is to get a tow-hitch installed so that I can put my bike carrier on it and actually be able to take my bike to some places I wasn't able to get to with my Jetta.

15 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

once, twice, three times for luck 🤣

That whole day was a mess. 

He hit my car, hit another car who was turning, almost ran that driver over when she got out to try to get his information, then crashed his truck into a tree across the street.

And just to top the entire mess off, he didn't have any insurance.

You have no idea how much I hate the parking lot where I work.

This happened on Saturday

20240406_164159.jpg

12 hours ago, linkboy said:

That whole day was a mess. 

He hit my car, hit another car who was turning, almost ran that driver over when she got out to try to get his information, then crashed his truck into a tree across the street.

And just to top the entire mess off, he didn't have any insurance.

this YouTube link contains time-skip to relevant quote from Linus 👀

Edited by linuxChips2600
edit for clarity

My relatively new Acer I got from my local Micro Center; so glad I didn't go for a sub-$400 laptop instead and that I ended up following the sales rep's advice.

I needed a laptop that has good battery life after I broke my gaming PC trying to set the voltage to 1.51 volts for the DDR4 memory.  I was basically attempting to make 3600 CL 16 mem work with my 5900x system but I think I partially cooked the whole memory subsystem since Windows started throwing WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORS on me for that gaming PC even when I switched back to the original RAM which I was running.  It didn't help that the original RAM was already overvolted for an extended period of time anyway (1.4-ish volts for 3200 CL16).  Anyway me being brazenly stupidly experimental with tech aside, my HP Victus gaming laptop would not cut it during school hours when I am on campus as that laptop has a measly 2 hours of battery running Ubuntu Linux and I doubt that the story is much better for Windows either, so unfortunately given the circumstances a new $500-ish laptop it was.

Yes, that is a keyboard cover on the keyboard, and yes that is a Chinese Mandarin to English dictionary in the background (I lived in Beijing for 5 years when I was young).

PXL_20240411_035621263.jpg

Edited by linuxChips2600
clarified circumstances

8 minutes ago, linuxChips2600 said:

snip

shoot I didn't read the README for this topic; should've posted this elsewhere instead 😂 🙃

Not sure if I have shown this yet, if I did it probably wasn't fully setup.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Picked up this deepcool LD360 to replace my 3 year old gammaxx L360. tore whole system apart as it was overdue a clean. cooler was nice and easy to install, but i have to wait until a female to female 5v rgb adapter arrives to get my other 10 fans lit up.

Managed to clean up wiring alot in the front of the case so wires are more hidden, will be finilasing cable management tomorrow when adapter turns up.

now i just need to find a decent gen 4 nvme to finish setup.....

IMG_20240412_155515.jpg

IMG_20240413_144702.jpg

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

6 Pack kirby vacuum bags

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

image.gif.9e16b5db30a6ec02f0c38ef45454eaef.gif

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

received my hdmi switch in the morning, hooked it up just now. As my monitor only 1 hdmi port and vga quality is not the best (as we obviously know), this was my best resort. It came at a good price of Rs.340 (4$) including shipping.

PXL_20240415_132344331.thumb.jpg.fa229cf098ccc0025b289e0138cdb187.jpg

After years of circling it like a cat hot porridge: 3D-printer. A week ago to be exact but got it today.

Sovol SV07 Plus.

20240416_015154.jpg.046071cbca7aa5ff9b562090247bf636.jpg

I have to say, I am disappointed. I excepted to spent at least couple days troubleshooting and tweaking and it was just going through the manual and the bloody thing just works. Just a bit G-code tweaking so the homing doesn't go haywire after the print head stucks to the print.

Good thing everything else took a while.

Decided to not spend 80€ or something for ready made drybox because "saving" money and just DIY that thing:

20240416_015234.jpg.c50de0ce1bcd3fb6103ce19549fd5854.jpg

Costed probably more than 80€ if you include getting Zigbee based smart home hub and climate sensor for it just to escape the horrors that would have become from me trying to make a hole to read some digital thermo-humidity-meter (just look at that beautiful smearing of silicon to make a casket for the lid). But it will hold a lot of filaments and good 12% humidity with only metering consuming power, 2x1kg of reusable silica gel bags should be enough for a long time and when they stop, just few times few minutes in microwave.

At least the concrete block was cheaper than I expected.

Now just need to figure out how I could connect to the fluidd/mainsail with phone remotely. Was kind of hoping NordVPN's Meshnet would do it but of course it doesn't support Android phones jumping to the local network through Windows.

6 hours ago, Thaldor said:

Now just need to figure out how I could connect to the fluidd/mainsail with phone remotely. Was kind of hoping NordVPN's Meshnet would do it but of course it doesn't support Android phones jumping to the local network through Windows.

Would tailscale work?

My last two wanted case badges for Frog 🙂  

image.thumb.png.9bdcfc3067c00c51acfe83d74d0bb43a.png

Got the last one of those Roland ones.  5 other people had it in their basket too 😄 

Finally got my Astro A10 headset that was on backorder since 2 months ago.

I love it, totally worth the wait.

20240416_212006.jpg

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Cooling: 2x Delta GFB1212VHG w. PWM

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

14 hours ago, jetnoodles said:

Would tailscale work?

Going with OctoEverywhere. Turns out there was already an app for that too, I just was dumb enough not to search with right terms 😅