An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

For expensive items the tax can be a decent added cost while buying online doesn't have any depending on your state.

Amazon always adds tax no matter where you get it. I have an amazon distribution center 3 blocks from me and still had to pay tax. And yes, it was bought from that distribution center. 

Amazon always adds tax no matter where you get it. I have an amazon distribution center 3 blocks from me and still had to pay tax. And yes, it was bought from that distribution center. 

What state? There is no tax in my state and my Amazon tax is always $0.00. Some states have a tax on things you buy online, some don't.

edit: no online tax, but it is one of the few without income tax too

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

What state? There is no tax in my state and my Amazon tax is always $0.00. Some states have a tax on things you buy online, some don't.

California. And I don't doubt that it's just a California thing. Everything is more expensive here T^T

California. And I don't doubt that it's just a California thing. Everything is more expensive here T^T

Yea California passed that stupid tax law then I think some house reps tried to put it federally

That's why you paid tax. A physical address in your state means state sales tax is applied.

With LUA you can. If not just AHK it...

I give up what is AHK?

Yes they have started to add tax so Newegg is now cheaper, if they have the same price. However they have ALWAYS collected tax if they are in the same state as the buyer, so if you bought it 3 blocks from your house you would or should have always been taxed. It has nothing to do with being a distribution center it has to do where they do business. Technically you are supposed to pay the tax to your state anyway but of course no one does, which is why they are starting to force big mail order places to collect the tax for the states they send products to.

I would imagine that NewEgg will be forced to do it at some point also.

edit: no online tax, but it is one of the few without income tax too

When was the last time you bought something from them? They just started to add it to FL sales recently (like in the past few months) and we don't have State income tax. Are you in FL? If so they will tax you now.

When was the last time you bought something from them? They just started to add it to FL sales recently (like in the past few months) and we don't have State income tax. Are you in FL? If so they will tax you now.

I'll never live in Florida if I can help it, too humid, but no my state has no tax online for any site that I order from. I think JC Penny does but that's because they have stores in the state

Can anyone find K70 RGB with brown switches availible for purchase / pre-order?

"Late August" has ended :P

I'll never live in Florida if I can help it, too humid, but no my state has no tax online for any site that I order from. I think JC Penny does but that's because they have stores in the state

yes that is the way it is everywhere , or at least it was. Which is why when you went 3 blocks to the distribution warehouse you paid taxes and I'll bet any mail order business that is in your state also will bill you for tax online or otherwise.

Where have you been :-)

Go take a gander in the post and read a bit will you.

I just want the brown switches so bad.  I'm assuming since the reds had about a one month delay, I will have to wait until the end of this month for the browns :(

Do you guys still think the issue was the LED lights in the keyboard?  I don't understand how this would delay the other switches as well.

I just want the brown switches so bad.  I'm assuming since the reds had about a one month delay, I will have to wait until the end of this month for the browns :(

Do you guys still think the issue was the LED lights in the keyboard?  I don't understand how this would delay the other switches as well.

We have no clue on anything whatsoever as corsair isn't really communicating anything about it. This whole thread is pure speculation. 

But yeah hoping browns and blue's show up soon.

I'm a lazy little twat, and I can't be arsed to read 20 pages of this topic, so can someone explain to me why the K60, K70 and K95 are still not out in the US of A? Here in the Netherlands we can already walk into a store and buy em. No problem. I have no idea on the availability on the brown's and blue's (Red for the win!). 

It's kind of annoying that we can get the keyboard but we don't have the software yet. We wantz to program our shizzle Corsair!

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming 4G | Asus P8H61-M Evo Rev B Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9K2/8G Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B Samsung 840 Evo 512GB Seagate Barracude 7200.12 ST3500413AS, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 1TB 5400RPM OCZ ZS Series 650W Cooler Master Elite 430 Windowed Logitech LS21 Creative Fatal1ty Logitech G500 Razer BlackWidow 2010 | 2x Dell U1214H | 1x Ilyama ProLite E2407HDS

I'm a lazy little twat, and I can't be arsed to read 20 pages of this topic, so can someone explain to me why the K60, K70 and K95 are still not out in the US of A? Here in the Netherlands we can already walk into a store and buy em. No problem. I have no idea on the availability on the brown's and blue's (Red for the win!). 

It's kind of annoying that we can get the keyboard but we don't have the software yet. We wantz to program our shizzle Corsair!

This is about the RGB versions of these keyboards, not the normal ones. If you've found the RGB version in the netherlands, please tell me where because I will drive there tomorrow.

So the K70 RGB in Reds is launching/shipping pre-orders today. The Browns and Blues will follow sometime later I assume.

Now that we know about the K65 RGB from PAX, any word on when it'll be up on Best Buy's website to order or purchase? 

I would assume that all the switches would have had the same problem. However I doubt it was the switches that caused a delay since they would have been  manufactured long before they start putting together keyboards on the assemble line.

My guess is they found a problem with assembling them or the software wasn't ready. However if it was the software they could have carried on with productions so this seems less likely, IMO, to cause a delay across all the different switch types. 

But who the heck knows since corsair isn't talking.

That and the fact they have not released a  single keyboard to a tech site for "hands on" previews gives me cause for concern.

When you see this type of release with a game it usually turns out to be bad.

I guess we will see soon.

I'm just curious when it will show up on bestbuy.com and frys.com I purchased a regular k70 mx blue from frys a few day's ago and i'm returning it as soon as the rgb blue switches come out. Even if i have to return it a bit early at least i am more familiar with mechanical switches now, and i love them :) I come from the Razer Lycosa keyboard so i was sick of waiting lol. 

I also spoke to a cosair rep via live chat and they said all switches would be released at the end of the month in september. Pretty good news if that's true at least.

I'm just curious when it will show up on bestbuy.com and frys.com I purchased a regular k70 mx blue from frys a few day's ago and i'm returning it as soon as the rgb blue switches come out. Even if i have to return it a bit early at least i am more familiar with mechanical switches now, and i love them :) I come from the Razer Lycosa keyboard so i was sick of waiting lol. 

I also spoke to a cosair rep via live chat and they said all switches would be released at the end of the month in september. Pretty good news if that's true at least.

Was the claimed end of September release date for the other switches only in reference to the K70 or was the Corsair Rep speaking to the K95 as well?

Was the claimed end of September release date for the other switches only in reference to the K70 or was the Corsair Rep speaking to the K95 as well?

Well I asked them about the k70 specifically but I can imagine it would also be for the k95 as well. Btw any news on when the k70 rgb mx reds will be on the best buy website? I'm trying to figure out how soon they update there site

Well I asked them about the k70 specifically but I can imagine it would also be for the k95 as well. Btw any news on when the k70 rgb mx reds will be on the best buy website? I'm trying to figure out how soon they update there site

I cannot speak to when Best Buy will have it up on their site but I know you can order it from newegg or amazon right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816022

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Mechanical-Keyboard-CH-9000063-NA/dp/B00KX8OJK6

If you are thinking of the Best Buy exclusive that was mentioned earlier in this thread I think that only applies to the RGB K60.

Bestbuy tends to be incredibly sloppy. When the Razer Naga 2014 came out, it was on Newegg and Amazon from day one. Bestbuy took another 2-3 weeks before they had it.

Not to mention the fact the store will say in stock but it's not actually there.

I worked there for a year, so I know some of the hustles more intimately than others.

I'm interested in a K70, but I like to go to Bestbuy for the replacement plans.

When you like to dabble with a soldering iron, you know you get you're money's worth.