An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

According to a shop near me in the UK they have the RGB K95 on order for the princely sum of £189.99, Converted to US dollars comes to $312.90 and $342.03 Canadian.

I know they won't be that much in the US or Canada but the UK pricing seems to be correct.

Prices are getting a little silly now.

How much is the razer chroma? Just curious.

How much is the razer chroma? Just curious.

It's on NewEgg for pre-order at $179.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114051

UK price is £109 apparently, Which after VAT and the usual UK price hike will come out to near £200 i.e $329.99.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

According to a shop near me in the UK they have the RGB K95 on order for the princely sum of £189.99, Converted to US dollars comes to $312.90 and $342.03 Canadian.

I know they won't be that much in the US or Canada but the UK pricing seems to be correct.

Prices are getting a little silly now.

I seriously doubt that. Maybe initially because they're the first or something. Then shops usually charge a premium. And yeah the UK and EU prices are very likely going to be quite a bit higher than the US ones, but not almost TWICE the price. That would make importing them from the US including $50 dollar shipping still a hell of a lot cheaper. That does not seem like a smart business move.

I seriously doubt that. Maybe initially because they're the first or something. Then shops usually charge a premium. And yeah the UK and EU prices are very likely going to be quite a bit higher than the US ones, but not almost TWICE the price. That would make importing them from the US including $50 dollar shipping still a hell of a lot cheaper. That does not seem like a smart business move.

The RGB K70 in the UK on the Corsair site already costs £139.99 so adding on another £50 for the macro keys part of the board doesn't seem that far fetched to be honest considering it is RGB, So technically they could get away with charging a butt ton for it.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Hm. The guy in a video on Hexus said the k95 RGB was going to cost about £150. And that video was right about the k70 costing £140.

Hm. The guy in a video on Hexus said the k95 RGB was going to cost about £150. And that video was right about the k70 costing £140.

£150 would be a good price :)

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

£150 is still a ridiculous amount to spend on a keyboard. There is a £10-£20 difference for between the k70 and k95. I don't think it will cost £160+. 

The colors are messing with our minds. I would really like macro keys, could use them for a lot of things. Also Amazon usually sell the keyboards the cheapest so we will see how much they're going for + the K95 RGB's price hasn't been announced on the UK corsair website yet.

£150 is still a ridiculous amount to spend on a keyboard. There is a £10-£20 difference for between the k70 and k95. I don't think it will cost £160+. 

The colors are messing with our minds. I would really like macro keys, could use them for a lot of things. Also Amazon usually sell the keyboards the cheapest so we will see how much they're going for + the K95 RGB's price hasn't been announced on the UK corsair website yet.

i once would of agreed £150 is a lot for a keyboard but i spent near £100 for my razer naga epic back in 2012 just cause it had the ability to change colours (plus the side buttons), so i can accept £150 for the k95 unless i can work out a way of getting it from america of course 

i once would of agreed £150 is a lot for a keyboard but i spent near £100 for my razer naga epic back in 2012 just cause it had the ability to change colours (plus the side buttons), so i can accept £150 for the k95 unless i can work out a way of getting it from america of course

Getting it from America would save only around £20 once you factor In shipping. This isn't worth it for the different layout and having to send it back to America if something goes wrong. If Amazon fulfill it you have a very good 1 year warranty directly with them. I think corsair has 2/3 but definitely buy it from the UK. I will also pay £150 for the k95 rgb because it's something I would really like and hopefully keep for at least 4 ish years.

Best buy only? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY YOU DO DIS CORSAIR?! WHYYYY?!

Whats the big deal about BestBuy?

It cost the same as New Egg or Amazon will sell it for and you can just go pick one up unless you don't have a BB near, in which case you can order it from their site..

Also if it turns out 15 LED's die in the first week or you can just return it no fuss, no repacking it and shipping it.

Just don't let them sell you the extended warranty ;)

I would really like macro keys, could use them for a lot of things. A

every key is programmable.

I wonder if you can use qualifier like SHT+(some key) ?

Anyone got the software for this thing... can't find it on their website?

Main Rig |  Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Intel 6700k @ 5ghz | Corsair H110i GTX | 16gb Kingston HyperX 2800mhz DDR4 | Corsair hx1000i | Intel 750 400gb NVME 2.5 SSD | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 8x 4tb Seagate HDD Synology DS1813+ | BenQ XL2720T | Zowie FK1 | Corsair K70 RGB | Sennheiser HD650 | Mayflower 02DAC and Amp combo | Blue Spark Microphone | Fractal Define S | Asus GTX980ti Strix

Wife's Rig | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel 3770k @ 4.8ghz | Corsair H100i 4x sp120 Quiet Edition | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz DDR3 | Corsair ax760i | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 3x 24" Lenovo 1200p Screens  | Bit Fenix Prodigy 230mm Intake & af140 Exhaust | Gigabyte GTX780

If I get one, it will be the K95 or nothing. Unless the K70 is something like £50+ less.

I would like to have the macros. Just got a logitech G502 Gaming Mouse and it's incredible. The macro keys are oh so great. I can essentially scroll between tabs on chrome, close the current tab, refresh a page, go straight to my desktop, all by just using easy to reach buttons on the mouse. And I can still go forward, back + change the dpi. There are 6 "spare" buttons but it lets you change any of the others too.

Since I browse the internet a lot and have lots of tabs open, It's a fantastic mouse as I don't have to physically click to close tabs or navigate between each one by either clicking or using keyboard shortcuts.

I would highly recommend the mouse, although the scroll wheel isn't that great since it's made of metal. Would have been better if it was rubber bit it still works, just sometimes your finger slips,

I'm not much of a gamer. However I really enjoy GTA and I play the odd FPS game, and just a few others. Depends on how much time I have!

But I'm sort of puzzled as to how useful the macros on the k95 would be haha. It's so much more convenient to have them on a mouse as great as this. And I think the K70 RGB does have an option to program macros as shortcuts. 

Since I have this mouse with pretty much all the macros I need. It'll be hard to assign useful ones to a keyboard. I could use Cntrl+ ones like copy, paste, print and select all. But the macro keys are far out left so it might be more convenient to just do the keystroke.

The biggest argument I can think of to justify getting the K95 for me is there are 18 more keys so more lights? And don't judge me, the main reason we're all looking at this keyboard is because of the lights :P

What other uses do you think the macro keys can have?

I am back from PAX, and am excited to say I got to test out the K70 RGB and software! The keyboard is pretty amazing, the latency on the RGB reactions is very low, resulting in some super fast colour reactions. I felt, however, that the software for the keyboard was a bit cumbersome. It will take a bit of time inside, tooling around and messing about, to find every setting.

I am back from PAX, and am excited to say I got to test out the K70 RGB and software! The keyboard is pretty amazing, the latency on the RGB reactions is very low, resulting in some super fast colour reactions. I felt, however, that the software for the keyboard was a bit cumbersome. It will take a bit of time inside, tooling around and messing about, to find every setting.

Hey I'm guessing if you're willing to spend nearly $200 on a keyboard, you don't mind tinkering with the software a bit. Plus that software is probably still in beta, and not too hard to update.

Hey I'm guessing if you're willing to spend nearly $200 on a keyboard, you don't mind tinkering with the software a bit. Plus that software is probably still in beta, and not too hard to update.

Great point. It's a slick piece of software that's for sure, with an almost endless supply of options, changes, tweaks, waves, pulses, curves, etc etc. Extremely detailed. I am waiting on the release of the MX Cherry Brown offering before making up my mind if it's a keyboard I'd like to pick up or not.

Corsair's K65s have always been available in red switches only, I wonder if there's gonna be a tenkeyless rgb version with brown or blue switches...

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'm going with MX Red as I wanted something a little lighter. Or am I being impatient? :D

Any news on the K95 Release? Will we atleast find out a release date after the K70 is released?

Also its open source. So there will  be plenty of mods. Some of which, I imagine, will speed up the software.

If I get one, it will be the K95 or nothing.

What other uses do you think the macro keys can have?

I too am waiting for the K95, in browns, and money. :(

I'm probably going to be using the macro keys for stuff you are already using macros on your mouse for; browsing navigation, cut/copy/paste, program shortcuts. But something I'd like to do with the macro keys, if their software allows it and I can program it, is to use the lights and make them a binary clock. With the top section being the hours, middle; minutes, bottom; seconds, ect. It'd be really cool if the programing could stay with the keyboard even when the computer is off and just give the keyboard power to make a cool clock.

With LUA you can. If not just AHK it...

Whats the big deal about BestBuy?

It cost the same as New Egg or Amazon will sell it for and you can just go pick one up unless you don't have a BB near, in which case you can order it from their site..

Also if it turns out 15 LED's die in the first week or you can just return it no fuss, no repacking it and shipping it.

Just don't let them sell you the extended warranty ;)

For expensive items the tax can be a decent added cost while buying online doesn't have any depending on your state.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Unless the K70 is something like £50+ less. I would like to have the macros

That's what I'm saying EVERY Key has macro capabilities but without qualifier keys they would be fairly useless IMO

That's what I'm saying EVERY Key has macro capabilities but without qualifier keys they would be fairly useless IMO

Indeed. Only useful really for people who don't use numlock keys or play some weird mmo games, or people who use it for professional office work although they wouldn't get this keyboard.

It's pretty pointless having any key customisable as a macro for the k70. They should have removed this feature if it saved a lot of production costs to make the k70 cheaper.

However the k90 might take a while to come out since they haven't said too much about it's release yet!

I'm still stuck between brown and red MX. :(