An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

Also would like to buy m65rgb same time as the k70 w browns. Hope they come out same time. Any news of the m65 rgb release?

So is it only the k65 exclusive to Best Buy? Cuz I'm waiting for k70 in brown switches but I prefer to buy from Amazon or the Corsair webstore directly.

Same. I want the K70 with MX Blue switches.

With the LTT Pax update video. They said to expect a late September release?

I'm assuming this is for ALL switches as some have already gotten their reds?

Really looking forwards to a K70 or K95 with browns.

I don't even know which switch I'd like the most. It's hard when you haven't used any mechanical keyboards.

Also I wonder what the pricing is going to be, I presume £150+. I really wanted the k95 RGB but I don't know if the price is just OTT to spend on a keyboard, and what if the issue is the same with the RGB LED's failing. Amazon is fantastic with replacing stuff if there is a problem but I'd hate to deal with that hassle.  

Personally I'm waiting for the GTX870(some sources say it's coming this month and they will skip the 870 and move to 970 to stay ahead of mobile cards).I'll probably go SLI. I ordered the G602 Logitech mouse which should be good. I think I'll wait a bit to see how reliable the LED's are. 

According to /r/MechanicalKeyboards, release date for the k70 mx blues and browns is 26 Sept.

According to /r/MechanicalKeyboards, release date for the k70 mx blues and browns is 26 Sept.

Gasp gasp gasp gasp gasp :o 

Did it mention k95s? I went and glanced at the /r/MechanicalKeyboards threads but I couldn't find the one you are referring to.

To keep the rumor mill going, I also found this comment on the mechanical keyboards subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2f5ymm/help_corsair_k70_rgb_uk_vs_us_pricing_question/ck6923y

Now I don't know how credible these sources are. For all I know they made it all up. But the dude does have an overclockers.co.uk flair so it might actually have something to it.

I just checked out this vid.

It may be $149

Look at the price tag at 0:45

To keep the rumor mill going, I also found this comment on the mechanical keyboards subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2f5ymm/help_corsair_k70_rgb_uk_vs_us_pricing_question/ck6923y

Now I don't know how credible these sources are. For all I know they made it all up. But the dude does have an overclockers.co.uk flair so it might actually have something to it.

That's probably a smart move for Corsair, if true, as the "Vengence" brand of LED backlit keyboards may already be somewhat tainted, so to speak, with the problems they've had with dead LEDs in the current versions. As I understand it the problem was found to be result of ESD and fixed by grounding individual keys in the new lineup of RGB LEDs that we're all waiting for. Whatever they call it I'm getting one as soon as the brown switches are available but can't stand the waiting. Glad to finally see some new release dates.

I just checked out this vid.

It may be $149

Look at the price tag at 0:45

booooooooooooo too much money for a TKL! I would just buy a k70 instead.

I'm In need of a decent keyboard and I hope this lasts, I'm just going to get the k95 RGB. It says the K70 is £140 on the UK website. Would the k95 really cost £160...

And I need help deciding which one to get. I don't want it to be that loud. So blue is out of the question for me.

I have to decide between red and brown. I think I'd like not to have to press it down as much but I don't know if I want a decent level feedback or not. Halp

I'm In need of a decent keyboard and I hope this lasts, I'm just going to get the k95 RGB. It says the K70 is £140 on the UK website. Would the k95 really cost £160...

And I need help deciding which one to get. I don't want it to be that loud. So blue is out of the question for me.

I have to decide between red and brown. I think I'd like not to have to press it down as much but I don't know if I want a decent level feedback or not. Halp

I use reds and I love them. Great if you are a light touch typist. The bump on the browns feels a lot like the folding of membrane to me, but it's a lot less fatiguing than typing on a membrane. Just depends on what you want. Both are about as quiet as the other, it's just if yo bottom out than the browns are a little bit quieter.

For more info go here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/52-mechanical-keyboard-club/

I wonder why noone pointed this out, but in the video at 0:50 ish, just below the keyboard it says "k70 RGB 169.99$", not 145 as mentioned earlier.

In programming there are only two really hard problems:
Naming things, cache invalidation and off-by-one errors.

I wonder why noone pointed this out, but in the video at 0:50 ish, just below the keyboard it says "k70 RGB 169.99$", not 145 as mentioned earlier.

It was always 169.99 in the US. It is 145 pounds for those in Britain 

Ah, in which case, my mistake, sorry. :P

I use reds and I love them. Great if you are a light touch typist. The bump on the browns feels a lot like the folding of membrane to me, but it's a lot less fatiguing than typing on a membrane. Just depends on what you want. Both are about as quiet as the other, it's just if yo bottom out than the browns are a little bit quieter.

For more info go here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/52-mechanical-keyboard-club/

Oh okay, great! I don't think I will bottom out the switches, and I will probably end up getting the Reds! Thanks

The standard red switch K70 costs £100 on Amazon and the K95 costs £120

It does look like the K70 RGB will cost £140 so I presume the K95 will cost £160?

I was talking about the K65 not the K70.

It's always been 169.99 lol we've known this since June....

Ah, in which case, my mistake, sorry. :P

It's always been 169.99 lol we've known this since June....

Just gonna quote my previous reply :P

According to a shop near me in the UK they have the RGB K95 on order for the princely sum of £189.99, Converted to US dollars comes to $312.90 and $342.03 Canadian.

I know they won't be that much in the US or Canada but the UK pricing seems to be correct.

Prices are getting a little silly now.

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter